What are you buying your 5-6 yo boy?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mrshappymum

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

I have just got xmas presents covered for my son but his birthday is soon and I have run out of ideas!!

Please share what you have bought for a 5/6 yo boy!! Thanks  original.gif

#2 HeroOfCanton

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I made my nephews 'water bombs'
http://pinterest.com/pin/208573026463815436/
super easy, and DH & I had great fun with them too  ph34r.gif
Other than that, they're just getting books for xmas, at their parents request.

#3 MAGS24

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

For my son's fifth birthday I got him a Soldier Force Play set from Big W for $29. He hasn't stopped playing with it since he got it a couple of months ago.
http://www.bigw.com.au/toys/vehicles-remot...-force-play-set

What about Skylanders? My five year old can't get enough of everything to do with Skylanders. There is so much merchandise out there for Skylanders even if you don't have the game for it.

Ben 10 has alway been popular for him as well and there is a lot of variety of things that you can buy for Ben 10.

Lego is also becoming more popular.

#4 becstar101

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

I got my 6 yo nephew 'hover soccer' from Australian geographic (sorry can't link). He's incredibly sporty, so I know his other presents are mostly sporting stuff too. He's also getting a sleeping bag, board game, and I think his nana is getting him an iPod touch. Has he got a bike, scooter, skateboard, cricket bat etc? Any of that any good?

#5 mrshappymum

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Thanks all. That helps a lot  biggrin.gif

Loving that soldier force play set at Big W!

#6 nayjay

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Our 6 year old is getting lots of lego, a scooter, some nano speed sets (mini cars), sky ball football...and by (his) request a fake moustache ohmy.gif

Browncoat - Those water bombs are cool!  I might have to make some of those. biggrin.gif

#7 snuffles

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

My 6 yo is mostly getting lego, but also a boogie board as he loves swimming.

#8 ~J.E.S.S.I.C.A~

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

DS was 5 in September.

He's getting:
* Train set (either Thomas or Chuggington)
* Small lego set
* Charlottes Web DVD (his request)
* Cars Wii game
* Havaianas
* PJs
* Undies
* Magician Djeco puzzle (I love that brand wub.gif)
* 2 x Schleich animals (cow & bull)
* Christmas book
* Outfit
* Swimmers

And trampoline as his combined present with DD1 & DD2

#9 EssentialBludger

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

I got our nephews the angry birds games (different ones each).

#10 vintage.blue

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Our 5 (almost 6) year old is getting the Skylanders game as his big present original.gif For a couple of little presents he is getting some trash packs, books and small lego sets.

We've also gone in together with my mum to get him and his brother a trampoline.

#11 busymum01

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Our youngest is six and he will be receiving for Christmas:

Lego (our first foray into 'big kids' Lego)
Djeco puzzle
Wimpy Kid box set books (not that he can read them but he loves them being read to him)
Micro Chargers car tracks
Cars 2 dvd
various Mr Potato Heads (he collects these)
matchbox cars
snorkel set

We had an early extended family Christmas where he got a slip 'n' slide and some 'discovery' books about under the sea which he adores!

#12 melaine

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Bumping this because I'm stuck for ideas.

All my DS (5yo) wants is a Legi ninjago spinner but I can't find one. He doesn't need other lego, doesn't need any more trash packs, isn't really into cars.

The major shared present (for both boys, from us and grandparents) is a trampoline. Doesn't need bike or scooter.

santa is stumped!

#13 Daisy Goat

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

My two just turned 6 and for their birthday they received ( from not just us but all sorts of people)  andfor Christmas are getting

Spiderman Web slinger ( get the one that shoots water too as the web stuff is insanely pricey)

Micro charger car sets
Nano Car sets

Skylanders

Remote control cars
Itunes voucher for buying apps for their iPads

Smiggle stuff

Trash can toys ( realy stupid toy they love to play with)

Blockus - board game which i really like
Zoobs
Lego
Wii Super Mario Kart game and wheels

The new Hotwheels  Ballisticks cars and accessories

Oh and a skylander character t-shirt from Cotton On kids

and the one they will probably love the most

-$4.99 Whoopie cushions from ToysRus!

#14 Simply Me

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I've just finished buying Xmas presents (on behalf of all the (relatives, grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc)
Lego city
Lego dinosaur
Schleich castle and some knights
Book set about trains, aeroplanes, animals
Atlas
Beach towel.

Sounds like a lot, but got most for a bargin.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I live this time of the year!!!!

#15 Simply Me

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I've just finished buying Xmas presents (on behalf of all the (relatives, grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc)
Lego city
Lego dinosaur
Schleich castle and some knights
Book set about trains, aeroplanes, animals
Atlas
Beach towel.

Sounds like a lot, but got most for a bargin.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I live this time of the year!!!!

Edited by cnp, 17 December 2012 - 09:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.