Myfitnesspal question - everything in grams?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mpjp is feral

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

I lost a fair bit of weight through weight watchers a while back but thought I'd give this a go to lose the 2.5kg thats crept back on.

Is there anyway of choosing items in anything other than grams? I've just started my first two days and everything I ate is listed in grams which makes it sort of difficult. For example ww used to list bread by the slice - but MFP lists it in grams which means I have to weigh it first. Maybe this is teh idea? But last night I had a glasss of wine....and wasn't in a position to get out scales and weigh how much I was drinking biggrin.gif Is there a reason that liquids arent listed in ml's at least?

Is this a setting issue or just how MFP works?

Edited by meplainjanebrain, 14 December 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#2 FeralDancesHere

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Unfortunately you can't change the measurements in the database. A lot of the info has been entered by other users and they will enter what works for them.

Often there is multiple entries for the same product so I keep looking till I find one that works for me.

Eg. If I want an apple I will look for an entry that has Medium Apple rather then Apple 123 gms.

#3 mumto3princesses

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Yep, just keep looking.

My bread that I choose is listed as 2 slices but I can change it to 1 slice when you click it and before you add it. It also lists it in calories.

#4 PatG

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Make sure you check the serving size options - many things have multiple measurements.  As for your glass of wine - I had a quick look and most of them are in mL which seems logical to me (glass sizes vary so much that a per glass measurement wouldn't be very useful).  I had brown rice the other night and it was in cups.  I find a small set of scales really helpful to ensure my serving sizes are reasonable.

#5 Kplus3

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

It's great if you have the phone app and you can just barcode scan everything. It's brilliant.

#6 Possum_gal

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

It's great if you have the phone app and you can just barcode scan everything. It's brilliant.

This ^^

I've just gone back to tracking as well. I find it's so quick and easy just to bar code scan what you can.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.