#1 Angelot

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

It must be time.

Please let it be time.

It's been one of *those* days.

Anyone else?

#2 Paddlepop

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm in, even if it is still bright and sunny outside!

What has happened to make it one of "those" days? Is it your DD?

#3 Angelot

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think she's teething.  The only way she's keeping the grizzling sort of low key atm is if I hold her and there's music playing.  Anything less is cause for miserable wails.

Oh, and we went for a walk for my sanity's sake and got rained on.  I'm not a radish, so felt that was superfluous.

#4 Feral_Pooks

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Oh dear, Ange.

Eta. DS is a champion whinges so I'm feelin' ya.

I have zero energy lately and am exhausted despite having done approximately nothing all day.

Wine in hand, take away coming.

Zero to contribute to bar, except a metaphorical listening ear.

Edited by Pooks_, 14 December 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#5 MintyBiscuit

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm in. Pizza is ordered, DH is on his way home after a few christmas drinks at work, and I'm about to crack a delicious cider. Which is admittedly probably not the best option given the constant state of exhaustion I'm in and the mild headache due to new glasses, but it is so very delicious.

Ange, that sucks. Bonjela or anything similar helping?

I should be folding washing and wrapping christmas presents, but meh. Plenty of time for such dull tasks later

#6 Paddlepop

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

oomg.gif  cry1.gif Teething. I remember my DD teething. Unfortunately I haven't been able to forget it despite wanting to. She went through an awful, painful time with it. I would keep track of how many teeth had come through so I knew how many more there were for us to suffer through.

We went through lots of Nurofen while she was teething. Had to be orange flavoured Nurofen, not strawberry, and definitely not panadol. That would be spat out. We also had to put teething gel on her gums 20 minutes before a meal so that she could eat.

Thank goodness that is behind us now. She's 3yo next month.

Just remember that it will be over one day, and she is probably more miserable than you. And hand her over to your DH as soon as he comes home. A new face and pair of arms can do wonders for the grizzling. I would always hand DD over once DH came home, and take some time to recoup my patience and sanity.

ETA Actually I still hand her over as soon as DH comes home. I need that bit of time for myself so that I don't go crazy. I'll often send them outside to play or have a walk. Ah, peace and quiet!

Edited by Paddlepop, 14 December 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#7 Angelot

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Oh, as soon as she hears him she'll be off to greet him at the door, all grins and giggles.  He says ETA 20 mins...you bet I'm watching the clock!

#8 MrsNorris

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Semillon in hand, and also watching the clock...

#9 Paddlepop

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 14/12/2012, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, as soon as she hears him she'll be off to greet him at the door, all grins and giggles.  He says ETA 20 mins...you bet I'm watching the clock!

What a little traitor!

#10 **Xena**

It's time for me. I got DH to bring my home a bottle of champers and a bottle of white wine. Almost finished the champers!!

#11 Beanbag Warrior

I AM FINISHED

School is over for4 the year.  Thank****,  I'm exhausted.

#12 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

A bar in the wilderness...sounds almost biblical!

I've had an ok day.....trying to get ready for Xmas day....I'm having 23 people....yikes!

Really need to get everything done before the state subsidised child care (ie kindergarten) finishes on Wednesday ....

Sorry to hear about teething AV...that really can throw your day out

#13 ~J.E.S.S.I.C.A~

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Oh yes, I can see that bar! Count me in.

Second bundy opened. Been one of those LONG days at work, tired and very much in pain from an inflamed/infected in grown toenail & bad rash on my underarm sad.gif(

Kids are outside enjoying the last of the sun, and I've got my music. Pondering if it's likely I may get a small sleep in tomorrow.

#14 Feral_Pooks

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLVMBGEdbmQ

This is the noise Adam has been making most of the day. Week. His life.

He will be a traitor when DP arrives, too, Ange sad.gif

#15 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Aw but Pooks.....those cheeks!

#16 MintyBiscuit

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Pooks, I can see why that whine would do your head in, but that is one spunky little kid you've got there. I want to squeeze his cheeks.

DS is a traitor for me too. All last week I could only get him to have 30-40 minute naps after lots of whinging and carrying on, and then waking cranky. DH puts him down on Saturday and he sleeps for an hour and a half  wacko.gif It makes my brain hurt. He's also taken to closing the door on me when DH takes him into his room after his bath. Charming child.

blossom, that sounds painful. I lost most of my toenail to an ingrown years ago, it hurt like crazy

#17 Angelot

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 14/12/2012, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess it does.  I've bee writing a sermon for Sunday, so all that imagery's top of mind.  

QUOTE (Pooks_ @ 14/12/2012, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLVMBGEdbmQ

This is the noise Adam has been making most of the day. Week. His life.

He will be a traitor when DP arrives, too, Ange sad.gif

Zoƫ watched that with intense fascination!

#18 Feral_Pooks

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Thanks ladies. He is gorgeous, and a massive flirt, everyone loves him. I just had 20 minutes relative peace while he watched In The Night Garden (creepy show but man I love the silence) and Giggle and Hoot.

He is now chewing on a sock I wore all day and I'm enjoying the peace too much to stop him. In related news, I'm no longer sterilizing his stuff.

Holly, DS has done that to me too, it suuuucked until I realized it was a great excuse to get DP to do the "put to bed" thing.

Ange, he loves other babies too. In my more insane moments, I've wondered about having another baby just to keep him entertained.

#19 Feral_Pooks

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 14/12/2012, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It just got the opening line of "Like A Virgin" going though my head, haha.

#20 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Ergh....here's my whinge....

Seriously how needy and pathetic are human children?

Take a baby zebra born in the wild...up and walking within hours of its birth (with NO whinging)... Give it two weeks and it is successfully fleeing from a pride of lions...

Meanwhile my six yr old- six!- is yelling at me from the  bathroom  "mum! Can you help me wipe my bottom?" ...um, no..you're six FFS...cant you sort it out!

#21 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Pooks_ @ 14/12/2012, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is now chewing on a sock I wore all day and I'm enjoying the peace too much to stop him.

That's actually very good for his immune system......

#22 MintyBiscuit

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Pooks_ @ 14/12/2012, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holly, DS has done that to me too, it suuuucked until I realized it was a great excuse to get DP to do the "put to bed" thing.

Yeah, bedtime is DH's domain here, I only do it if he's not home in time. Which is luckily very rare.

Lucretia, that just depresses me. DS poops so damn much that I feel like I spend half my day wiping poo - my only hope was that it ends well before school!

I had DS weighed today and it turns out he's lost a little weight. The nurse isn't too worried because he's gotten longer and his giant head continues to grow, so she thinks it's just the walking. But of course I freaked out and had a sook. Made me feel less crappy about the ice cream I gave him the other day though . . .

#23 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (HollyOllyOxenfree @ 14/12/2012, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, bedtime is DH's domain here, I only do it if he's not home in time. Which is luckily very rare.

Lucretia, that just depresses me. DS poops so damn much that I feel like I spend half my day wiping poo - my only hope was that it ends well before school!

I had DS weighed today and it turns out he's lost a little weight. The nurse isn't too worried because he's gotten longer and his giant head continues to grow, so she thinks it's just the walking. But of course I freaked out and had a sook. Made me feel less crappy about the ice cream I gave him the other day though . . .

Well I think technically it should! He is generally ok now...but it took us a loooong time to get here.....still wets the bed though  cry1.gif

How old is your DS? IME they do lose a bit of weight when they start to walk, and it often coincides with a bit of a loss of interest in food? You know...look at me! I can walk! I'm mobile! Why would I want to sit in a high chair and eat??

#24 casime

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm no longer sterilizing his stuff.

You're supposed to sterilise stuff?    unsure.gif    Ooops, another mummy fail there.

Better pour me a drink so I get over it quickly.

#25 MintyBiscuit

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Sterilising stuff is overrated.

Although I think I spooked some new parents last weekend. DS was eating a sandwich and dropped a crust on the carpet, and my friend's husband went "uh-oh, you can't have that now!" while I laughed and handed it back to him. Their daughter is six weeks old, so I assume the worry will wear off soon.

Lucretia, he'll be 14 months on the 27th. He is starting to walk and while he's still quite interested in food, the range he'll eat has gotten a lot smaller. At the end of the day, he's a healthy happy kid, and I don't want to get hung up on numbers, but it just got me on a bad day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-Kids_Snow-Queen-Promotion-tile

Win a Fairytale experience

To celebrate the DVD release of The Snow Queen, we are offering one lucky child and their guardian the chance to experience what it would be like to live in an enchanted fairytale.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.