What gift are you giving your children's teachers this year?
**fluff**

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 CSF

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Just wondering...

#2 2 Gorgeous Girls

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Wine.

They were already inundated with chocolate by the time we were organised enough to buy gifts. They all seemed pleased too original.gif

#3 babysaurs

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Those personailised reward stickers that someone on here said awhile ago about in another thread, were a big hit original.gif

#4 ♥~Bodhichitta~♥

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

I gave my DS's classroom teacher a set of candles from Dusk.

I gave his learning support co-ordinator, and aide, handmade bamboo cotton dishcloths :-)

#5 songshirah

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Christmas hampers.  Also, heartfelt written cards thanking my kids' teachers, teacher assistant and learning support coordinator for all their hard work and dedication to helping my kids achieve their potential and helping them love school again after a disastrous first semester at another school.

My kids' teachers are wonderful!

#6 ez21

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (♥~Bodhichitta~♥ @ 15/12/2012, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gave his learning support co-ordinator, and aide, handmade bamboo cotton dishcloths :-)

Great idea.  What type of bamboo fabric do you use and where do you get it from? (assuming that you make them yourself)

#7 katniss

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

My DS has made handprint flowers with "Thank you for helping me to grow" written across the top.

Looks like this

http://pinterest.com/pin/141652350750815096/

#8 cinnabubble

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

http://www.amazon.com/James-Mollison-Where...p/dp/1905712162

This book, plus card and grovellingly heartfelt note.

#9 FrogIsAFrogIsAFrog

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Nothing this year. I remembered to pay one class rep the thoughtless $5, but forgot for another.

Sad to say, gratitude-fatigue wore me out.

I couldn't even make it into class on the last morning for one of my kid's classes.

#10 tickly_rain

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Gift cards (bookstore / camera store depending on interest / hobby) in a pot.  Chocolates scattered around.  Pot looks like this http://itsallaboutty.blogspot.com.au/2010/...your-tummy.html

#11 ♥~Bodhichitta~♥

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (ez21 @ 15/12/2012, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great idea.  What type of bamboo fabric do you use and where do you get it from? (assuming that you make them yourself)

Thank you :-)

I do make them myself.  I buy the bamboo cotton from Spotlight - it's about $4 a ball, and makes 1 & 1/2 dishcloths.  

This is what they end up looking like.

#12 ~Sasquatch~

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm out of ideas this year, hoping subbing here will give me some ideas.

Edited by ~Sasquatch~, 15 December 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#13 Tiger Lilly

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

A usb in the shape of a lamborhini and a box of roses.

#14 CSF

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

What if they have, roughly, five different teachers each?

#15 B-B-M

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Personalised stationery - little notebooks/notepads with "From the Desk of Mrs blah blah" on it. They seemed to be a hit!

#16 i-candi

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

For DS school (first year secondary) I made a lot of cake pops in Christmas colours and some looked like plum puddings along with a thank you card.

For DD (year 4) a $50 movie voucher, the teacher I mainly work with a $50 fuel voucher (her partner just moved a four hour drive away to start a new business so lots of driving, $50 movie voucher for DS bus driver (long story but the bus driver made DS feel 'safe' and it was such a long drive twice a day!). Candles and wine for the other teachers I work with.

For the staff I work with (well not anymore, I'm moving schools next year) I'm going to make cakes and cake pops for the staff development day!

#17 Etcetera

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

We gave her a couple of Graeme Base hardcover books for the classroom and a box of chocolates.

#18 Expelliarmus

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Nail polish, Christmas ornament, toiletry pack, music download, hot chocolate mug, roses chocolates.

#19 ~Sasquatch~

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (B-B-M @ 15/12/2012, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personalised stationery - little notebooks/notepads with "From the Desk of Mrs blah blah" on it. They seemed to be a hit!

Where did you get these? too late for this year but would love it for next.

#20 CleverChook

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

A mixture of Christmas decos, chocolates and notebooks.  Packaged in cellophane - everything looks more impressive wrapped in cellophane with loads of ribbon.

#21 PopsiclePeach

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I bought a nice rectangular basket and put a bottle of Jansz bubbly, a cute mug, some Haighs chocolates and some personalised stickers.  And a heartfelt card.  She loved it  original.gif

#22 Puggle

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

A set of Envirosax fabric bags in a gorgeous print and some handmade bits and pieces yet to be decided.

#23 frozie

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (CSF @ 15/12/2012, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if they have, roughly, five different teachers each?

For DS's main teacher, we got her the Where Children Sleep book and a card.  For his other 4 teachers, I made these and filled them with Cadbury favourites chocolates.

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/tin-ca...or-mothers-day/

If you scroll down to the bottom, there is a printable for teacher tags.

#24 SCARFACE CLAW

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

MOR soap for both DD's kinder teacher and teaching assistant original.gif I like some of the ideas on here though!

#25 ~Sasquatch~

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Some of the ideas on here are so lovely, so nice to see such appreciation for our teachers  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.