What's for dinner tonight?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Funnington

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

I've turned in to such a food voyeur.   biggrin.gif  I love stalking recipe forums to see what other people are having for dinner.

So, satisfy my curiosity.  What are you having for dinner?

I'm using my new (wonderful) Morphy Richards cooker to make a slow cooked pot roast.  After reading the Jamie Oliver thread about the homemade gravy, I've decided to make my own gravy from the stock and meat juices.  I've added fresh thyme and rosemary, finely chopped mushrooms and salt and pepper.  I'll do the whole meal in the pot - chunky carrots and potato and I'll do some french style beans which the kids loved when I cooked them this way during the week (I did omit the capers though).

#2 feralangel

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Spag bol.  Again.  Not very exciting.  Still, it is homemade.

#3 ♥~Bodhichitta~♥

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'm having chicken pie filling  happy.gif .  Sounds funny, but DS is gluten free, so I made the mix that would normally go into a pie, and am serving it with rice.

It's very yummy!  biggrin.gif

#4 mintpatty

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Chicken with roasted cherry tomato and garlic sauce, to the sauce I'll add basil, zucchini and silverbeet, served on spagetti.

The cherry tomatoes, silverbeet, basil and zucchini I've just picked from my garden!

A little parmesan over the top and some garlic bread.  YUM!!

#5 ChilliDog

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Home made pizzas ... DH is making the dough as we speak. We always start with a small garlic prawn pizza to share then each make one with the toppings of our choice!!

Looking forward to the day we build our wood fire pizza oven in the backyard  tthumbs.gif ddance.gif grin.gif

#6 Funnington

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'm having chicken pie filling

Yum.  Do you mean like a mornay type filling?  That would be delicious with rice.

Looking forward to the day we build our wood fire pizza oven in the backyard

My friends parents have one and everyone loves it.  Apparently they have a lot of new friends now biggrin.gif

Edited by Funnington, 15 December 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#7 beebsoferal

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Doing homemade pizzas tonight. I make the dough. Ingredients to pick for toppings from salami, ham, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, olives, anchovies(for DH not me), baby spinach and rocket, roast pumpkin and capsicum, onion and cheese. Haven't decided exactly what formula but a mix of the above.

#8 ♥~Bodhichitta~♥

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Funnington @ 15/12/2012, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yum.  Do you mean like a mornay type filling?  That would be delicious with rice.

Yes - very similar.  I make chicken stock with the chicken pieces first.  Then strain it, and dice the chicken.  Then make a roux (butter and flour), add back in the stock, chicken, and some veg.  Always turns out yummy  biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ChilliDog @ 15/12/2012, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Home made pizzas ... DH is making the dough as we speak. We always start with a small garlic prawn pizza to share then each make one with the toppings of our choice!!

Looking forward to the day we build our wood fire pizza oven in the backyard  tthumbs.gif ddance.gif grin.gif

Very envious!!!!!  happy.gif

#9 spellfall

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Chicken and prawn fried noodles. Perhaps not the healthiest but DP has a craving so he's headed to the shops for ingredients. Yum!

I felt like last nights leftover Tom yum soup. Mmm.

#10 kpingitquiet

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Pizza! Not that exciting.

Last night was deeelish though. Steamed sweet potato topped with seasoned black beans, homemade guacamole, cilantro and crumbled goat's cheese. Then I made cinnamon drinking chocolate for dessert biggrin.gif

Tomorrow we're having steamed fish in black bean sauce and vegetable fried rice.

#11 GamerMum

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Crumbed fish and a chicken noodle salad. The salad was supposed to be taken to our CFS Christmas party tonight, but DD and I are sick, so we're having it at home instead.

#12 sunflowers81

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

All sounds delicious!

I'm making a chicken, onion and tomato omelet with leftover roast chicken from dinner last night... *yum*

#13 PatG

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Steak, quinoa stuffed capsicum and garden salad.

#14 BabyBumbleBee

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

We just had fruit salad.

#15 MummySmiles

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

haha shame.... Cheese & tomato toasties!

#16 jessie123

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Roast lamb yum

#17 ~spirited~

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Nothing exciting... Chicken thighs on th BBQ, salad and bread rolls. Same as last night except then we had potatoes on the BBQ instead of the rolls.

Even using bottle marinade ph34r.gif

#18 gina70

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Heading out for Mexican with the family.

#19 Froger

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm going out to visit a friend. I'm expecting biryani or pilau, curry, roti and various salads and chutneys. That's what she usually makes, and I have never been disappointed yet. biggrin.gif

#20 ~Supernova~

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

We were at a big family christmas party all afternoon, so easy dinners here...DH is having egg burgers, I'm having leftover pasta bake, DD is having fish with veges, and DS just had pasta bake.

#21 bubbanme

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Just made a last minute seafood marinara with garlic, chilli, lemon, sundried tomato, spinach & basil on slim pasta. Pretty tasty for a 10 minute slap together meal!

#22 cardcarryingferal

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Salad here - mixed lettuce, red onion, sweet potato, haloumi, cashews.

Banana Paddle Pop for dessert  biggrin.gif

#23 ubermum

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Candy canes.

#24 ~Supernova~

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (ubermum @ 15/12/2012, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Candy canes.

You win  tthumbs.gif

#25 lisacat

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (spellfall @ 15/12/2012, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chicken and prawn fried noodles. Perhaps not the healthiest but DP has a craving so he's headed to the shops for ingredients. Yum!

I felt like last nights leftover Tom yum soup. Mmm.

MMM... that sounds so yummy. How do you make the noodles?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.