Lady, you have the wrong end of the stick
Animal refuge busybody

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AllegraM_*

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

This morning I was outside my local animal shelter's office, waiting for it to open. I had my parent's 10 year old kelpie with me who I was dropping off to their boarding kennel section. My parents are away over Christmas and will collect him mid-January.

A car pulled up alongside me and a middle-aged woman started having a go at me by saying what an awful person I was and that an old kelpie like that would never find a new home and would be put to sleep and she hoped I was proud of myself.

I was shocked and tried to explain he was just boarding for Christmas to which she said "yeah right" and pulled off. I felt really upset. I love this kelpie as he was my first dog and he only moved to my parent's acreage when he did not get along with DH's labrador. And even if I was dropping him off to the shelter section, there a many legitimate reasons why someone would do this without being an irresponsible dog owner. He could have been a lost dog or have belonged to an elderly person who could no longer care for him. This particular shelter has a no kill policy, which Ms Busybody did not seem to know about. And even if I was an unpleasant person who discards animals, at least he wasn't being dumped in the bush.

Anyway, she made me feel really down and cross. My kelpie sensed it and I think it made his handover more stressful for him than it needed to be. What a busybody.

#2 BadCat

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

She sounds like a real charmer.

I'm sorry she made you and your dog feel crappy.  Some people aren't worth the air they breathe.

#3 Ianthe

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I am starting to think it may not be a bad idea for the world to end on the 21st laughing2.gif

#4 Escapin

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Lordy. Some people are just special. I think we should rename Christmas to Crazymas...

#5 3inthebed

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Feel sorry for her. It's the only way to move on sometimes.

#6 Feral Becky

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

As I said just now, OP, tis the season to be jolly.

We should ban Christmas, people are just in such sh*tty moods.

Good on you OP, I know that the shelters made a tiny bit of money from the boarding that goes back into helping the rescues.

#7 75etd

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Irresponible owners wouldn't drop their animal off, they would just let it wander until it found its way there.

What a horrible woman!

I can understand how this made you and your much loved Kelpie upset. Some people need to mind their own business! No suggestions really, but maybe you deserve to get yourself a little treat....

#8 Feral_Pooks

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

That lady I feel sorry for. Imagine walking around, taking everything the worst possible way, and getting all riled up about it.

Actually, it's not hard to imagine it, a couple of posters here are pros.

#9 pinkcupcakes

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Escapin @ 17/12/2012, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lordy. Some people are just special. I think we should rename Christmas to Crazymas...

laughing2.gif can we tack this on the end of all the posts this month?bring on 2013..or you know, the end of the world, whichever comes first. rolleyes.gif

#10 JECJEC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Ianthe @ 17/12/2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am starting to think it may not be a bad idea for the world to end on the 21st laughing2.gif

I starting to agree...

#11 BadCat

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Ianthe @ 17/12/2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (JECJEC @ 17/12/2012, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I starting to agree...

I've been there for quite some time now.

#12 ♥~Bodhichitta~♥

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm so sorry OP, that's terrible.

This is the reason why I don't judge anyone.  Things aren't always as they seem, and you can never know the full story.

Treat yourself kindly, and try to let it go.

#13 *Ker*

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

You know the correct answer to this?

You: He's going to boarding.
Crazy woman: Keeps ranting
You: **** off, you crazy old b**ch.

#14 Feral*Spikey*

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (*Ker* @ 17/12/2012, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know the correct answer to this?

You: He's going to boarding.
Crazy woman: Keeps ranting
You: **** off, you crazy old b**ch.

What she said. wink.gif

How lovely that you're supporting your local shelter. Its thoughtful people like you that are making a difference. original.gif

#15 BetteBoop

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Pooks_ @ 17/12/2012, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That lady I feel sorry for. Imagine walking around, taking everything the worst possible way, and getting all riled up about it.

Actually, it's not hard to imagine it, a couple of posters here are pros.

You sound as though you've lost your faith in humanity pooks.

I have these heartwarming photos that will help...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.