Looking for Lala Loopsy Mermaid UPDATED I now have one

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Melie

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

I am looking for the Lala Loopsy Mermaid doll - its called Coral Seas or something and has a blue tail outfit that you can take off.

Its selling in Big W for $48 but I can't find one in the stores near me ...I've tried Karrinyup, Kingsway, Whitfords and Mirrabooka ...no luck. I did see one in November but now I can't find one. An assistant at one of the shops said they MIGHT be getting more stock in but can't be sure.

Its the only thing my DD (age 5) wants ...I have bought another Lala Loopsy doll in case I can't find one but she really wants the mermaid one as the hair changes colour in water

If anyone has seen one recently can they let me know....

Thanks heaps

Edited by Melie, 19 December 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#2 sophiasmum

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm not in WA but I wanted to sympathise....I found the last one at Big W not near me but we were at that shopping centre for an eye appointment, last Saturday. Needless to say I grabbed it, and before my appointment not after LOL!

#3 TinMan

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Doesn't help your DD before Santa arrives but Amazon has them for $24.99- if you decide a parcel after Xmas might work? Santa could leave her a message in her stocking?

A cool trick I read about the Mermaid was a little girl who put it in the fridge instead of water and the hair still changed colour.

Hope you can find one for your little DD

#4 greatwon2

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Not sure if they had the mermaid one but i saw a fair few in myer the other day when i was in there...might be another place to have a look , bit pricey there from memory tho

#5 2anewme

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

try this

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/lalaloopsy-f...l-mermaid-doll/

Almost sold out!

#6 Melie

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for your quick replies!!!

I checked the Deals Direct website and I can't get it before Christmas ....My MIL is buying it so I'll have to have it before then (obviously have the same problem with Amazon)
I'm working today so I can try Myer in the city at lunchtime (I know they dont have it at Karrinyup) or might head out to Toys are us tonight and have a look.

Mel

#7 Mrs Bouquet

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

According to the Big W website there are still some in stock in stores SOR (don't know how up to date this info is). If you are desperate maybe give them a ring?
Good luck.

#8 Princess.cranky.pants

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I'm in the same boat OP.

DD1 said wanted Santa to bring her Sky High Tinkerbell. So I got one. And then she changed her mind and now wants Sky Hi Perrwinkle but I cannot find one anywhere! Amazon has them but it's too late now.

I actually have that Lala Loopsy Mermaid doll in a laybuy that I am picking up tomorrow. I am going to return it but that doesn't help you much because I am in QLD.

Hope you find one.

#9 Melie

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

hahaha we do have an office in Brisbane but I can't exactly fly to QLD to pick up a doll LOL

I hope you find your Tinkerbell  biggrin.gif

The BigW website isn't correct as it says there is stock when there isn't one of the assistants said it isn't updated much this time of year!!!

Edited by Melie, 18 December 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#10 christine30

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

I have one! If you would like to buy it from me New got it from Big W months ago. Im in Balcatta wa

#11 Melie

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hi Christine ...is it brand new in the box still? ...if it is then yes I am interested biggrin.gif

Edited by Melie, 18 December 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#12 christine30

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Yep new in box original.gif had it put away for Christmas for her but she is not really in to the big ones...

I feel your pain and am happy to help.

#13 Melie

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Ill send you a PM

I am so glad I posted on here now

Edited by Melie, 18 December 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#14 alikat2

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

There were three on the shelf at Kmart in a loo at lunchtime today.

#15 jo-v

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Think I saw quite a few in k-mart in Wanneroo too, definitely a mermaid one but didn't pay too much attention to colour etc.

Sounds like you're sorted anyways.  original.gif

#16 Melie

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Thanks to a very kind EB member (Christine30) I now have one hidden away under my bed - thank you !!!!!!!

Stores must be re-stocking as I checked out Kmart Innaloo on Friday and they didn't have any!

DD said she knows she is getting one ...I started to worry that she had seen it hidden under our bed. Then she went on to say if you really wish for something then Santa brings it for you and she has told everyone she wants one so she must be getting it LOL  smile1.gif

Edited by Melie, 19 December 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#17 farfaraway

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Great news OP. I saw one in BIG W this morning (I'm in Canberra, thought I could express post it)) and came so close to buying it for you. Thought I'd come home and check to see if you had had any luck and bingo! Merry Christmas!

#18 Ange

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Great news Mel! original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ek-houseofmagic-thumb

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.