Endone Side Effects?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ~chiquita~

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I've called my GP and am waiting to hear back from her.

I was running done the stairs yesterday morning, slipped and fell hard onto my side. I've had x-rays and nothing is broken but I'm in quite a lot of pain.

Anyway, my GP prescribed Endone which has done wonders for the pain, however, last night I didn't get to sleep til 2am and I swear I've had a headache since taking it? I'm also feeling weird, like mania or something yet I feel and look exhausted. I took 7.5mg yesterday and I've only had one 5mg tab today.  

Anyone else have this experience?

#2 jmaz86

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Firstly I want to start by saying it is important you speak to your GP...which from your post I see you are awaiting a call back.

I have not had the experience with Endone...but with Tramadol. I get a psychoactive response to it which is not very pleasant and why my GP has indicated to list it as an allergy.

Edited by jmaz86, 18 December 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#3 Lainskii

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Endone is an opioid so not surprised you are having this reaction. Stop taking them and try some neurofen plus or go back to the GP for an alternative

#4 elmo_mum

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

endone
aka hillbilly heroin!

sounds like it working more like a drug drug for you

call your dr asap!!!

fwiw - when i take it, i get sleepy, see colours and have very pleasant dreams
i also get a bit of a hangover" from it the morning after...

#5 IsolaBella

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Me I have no troubles with end one, but then again 2xpanedine forte don't space me out nor an injection of morpheine.

#6 monkeys mum

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Google the fact sheet for it, they are all online. Endone made me sleepy for the first five days I had it then made me wide awake for the next three days. I was only on it that long due to surgeons advice. It affects people differently.

#7 BlueUnicorn

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I've had to ask to be taken of endone after my cs.  Wow! I was wired like nothing else I'd ever experienced.  I was awake for two days and hallucinating.  I'd go to sleep but jerk awake in a panic and sweat almost straight away.  It also seemed to distract me from the pain rather than get rid of it.  
Tramadol was much better although I was slightly off my face with that, I could sleep and the sweats stopped.

#8 Stinkermouse

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Definitely speak to you GP.

But it seems you might be better suited to Tramadol which isn't as strong as Endone. And combine it with an anti-inflammatory such as voltaren.

#9 Ange

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

I'd steer clear of Tramadol if you get that reaction from Endone. Tramadol is known for more side effects IMO.

#10 solongsuckers

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (jmaz86 @ 18/12/2012, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firstly I want to start by saying it is important you speak to your GP...which from your post I see you are awaiting a call back.

I have not had the experience with Endone...but with Tramadol. I get a psychoactive response to it which is not very pleasant and why my GP has indicated to list it as an allergy.

Tramal has bad effects for me too, GP has also listed it as an allergy even though it isn't actually an allergy as such.

There's so many different side effects you can get from it. I've taken so many stupid painkillers that the most it does to me now is make me slightly drowsy but energetic at the same time (maybe just coz I'm not in pain?) and I talk a lot and get very thirsty.

If you can't get onto your GP consider even calling a pharmacist for some advice until you hear from your GP.

#11 fruitbat72

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Sorry to hear that it's giving such nasty side effects OP

All I can suggest (as others have) is try something different and don't forget to take regular paracetamol and some form of anti inflammatory as well.

#12 fruitbat72

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Ooops DP thanks to DD2

Edited by fruitbat72, 18 December 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#13 ~chiquita~

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (BlueUnicorn @ 18/12/2012, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! I was wired like nothing else I'd ever experienced.  I was awake for two days and hallucinating.  I'd go to sleep but jerk awake in a panic and sweat almost straight away.

Yikes! oomg2.gif

QUOTE (SirDidymus @ 18/12/2012, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is make me slightly drowsy but energetic at the same time (maybe just coz I'm not in pain?) and I talk a lot and get very thirsty.

Yes! This is exactly what it's doing to me.

Thanks for all your replies. My GP and has left a script of panadeine forte for me to pick up.

Can't believe I fell down the stairs, I've got a 2 year old to care for and so much stuff to do before Christmas. At least my shopping is done. sad.gif

#14 Tigerdog

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Also, OP, make sure you're assertive about this.  I had nausea for a few days after having it for my first c-section and a toothache, when I went in for my second c-section I told the doctor at my pre-med that I was allergic, he said it was up the anaethesist what post-op painkillers I'd get.  On the day after the op the staff pressured me into having a dose to get me 'up and about', I made it in and out of the shower and was then bedridden and vomiting for the next 24 hours (they were very apologetic, put something in the drip, then tried to inject me with something to reverse the effect but to no avail).  

Hopefully that was a one-off experience in my case and that medical professionals don't pressure people and disregard what a patient says as a matter of course sad.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.