New Years Resolution

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PoshMosh

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Thinking of starting a healthy eating plan/diet next year. Can't decide if I should do Lite n Easy or WW.

Don't think I can make it to WW meetings but they do have an online option. Lite n Easy just gets delivered and no planning/cooking involved. WDYT? Which one have you had the best long term results with?

#2 Feral_Pooks

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

I lost 10kg on WW while TTC, did it all online and really like it. It takes more will power than Lite N Easy but it's also cheaper.

#3 eskimokisses

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

I personally wouldn't do either!
I dont think doing Lite n Easy is healthy (pre-packaged foods rather than fresh whole foods is not healthy in my opinion) and dieting by cutting calories (by counting points) will potentially slow down your metabolism. You can end up losing muscle mass when you lose weight if your not careful and this is why so many people who do those programs put the weight back on and end up yo-yo dieting. Im not saying that happens to everyone, some people do have great success but the majority of people will continue to have issues with controlling their weight and there is a high chance you wont keep the weight off for good. Thats why those companies are so successful. Repeat business! Most diets increase hunger and cravings and put the body's hormones out of wack.
There is a much better way by making your metabolism work more like a thin person rather than dieting. And cheaper too!
I have posted a few times about this today, but I wanted to share as its the best information I have found on fat loss. I followed Metabolic Effects suggestions and was never hungry and dropped 15kg easily when previously I struggled to lose even 1kg with dieting. My metabolism is now working like it should.
Check out these two links -
http://www.metaboliceffect.com/
http://thesmarterscienceofslim.com/
Both teach the same principles on fat loss. Its the only long term solution in my opinion. Think lifestyle change rather than a program you follow for a set amount of time.

#4 snuffles

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

I'm with eskimokisses.  I have had great success with regular intense exercise and slowly getting into 'clean' eating, ie eating wholefoods.  No calorie counting needed if you stick to eating wholefoods, and listening to your body's 'hungry now' and 'stop now' signals.  Also drink an insane amount of water, on an exercise day I can drink up to 6 Litres.

Good luck original.gif

#5 pinkcupcakes

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

resolution: to evade the 'apocolypse' and make it to 2013 unscathed! then we'll see.

#6 snuffles

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

lol

#7 ChunkyChook

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

I am going to use WW frozen meals for dinner but thats it. Between those, my fitness pal and Jillians 30 days shed I hope to lose 15kg in 8 weeks!

#8 MammaBee81

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

I have a friend who gets Lite n Easy but uses the meals only when she's too time poor or exhausted to cook.

She cooks her own healthy meals normally, but when it's all too much she'll get the Lite n Easy out instead of ordering a pizza.

What hubby and I do is spend one weekend per month cooking many healthy meals all at once, then freeze the meals in little takeaway containers. Then we don't have to do the bulk of the cooking on a daily basis (just throw together a salad here or make some rice there) and I don't get into the cycle of getting takeout when I'm too tired.

#9 Ange

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

I'd try logging into www.myfitnesspal.com daily and do your own program first (ie: log everything you eat and aim for 30mins of some form of exercise per day).

WW and LnE can be very expensive, esp when you can do MFP for free (you just need the motivation). It also makes you aware of food etc rather than eating what someone else has prepared (like LnE)
Goodluck!

#10 matt1972

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

With any program where you are eating someone else's food or replacing meals with shakes or bars or whatever you have to ask yourself if you think you will be able to sustain it for the rest of your life. If you don't teach yourself how to shop for and cook healthy food then as soon as you come off the "program" you are left with the same problem that you had before you started it.
People will often refer to losing weight or getting fit or both as a "lifestyle change" which when you are overweight is a really airy fairy statement but it is about the only thing in all of the weight loss/fitness propaganda that you might read that you can rely on.

#11 PoshMosh

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Thanks eskimokisses, I will look into the above links. I realise neither option is a long term solution, more of a quick start.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.