Anyone know the name of this (old) comp game?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 wombatwoman

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi,

Hoping someone can help out with this retro computer game.  It had a one word name (I think!). It was like a stick guy solving puzzles, opening doors etc.  Sorry I don't remember much more but if it helps, one of the nappy hunt ladies used it as a hunt a few years ago.  Not much to go on I know.  Wondering if I can get it for iPad?  On a similar note, can anyone recommend any good room/escape games for iPad.

Cheers,
Ww

#2 pencil

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Doors and Rooms is a good app.

Sorry, dont' know the game you are talking about, sounds like a lot of games we played way back when.

#3 Chelara

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

There's one app just called the room, only good for a few hours but not a bad game.

#4 Academic

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Was it Pitfall?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitfall!

Although what you describe sounds more like an earlier version of a room escape game.

I love Big Fish Games for downloadables. I get Mac games but they also have heaps of iPad ones.

www.bigfishgames.com

If you sign up as a member, games are cheaper and you get punch cards. It's $8 a month and I find I usually do buy at least one game a month, usually more!

#5 wombatwoman

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Thanks pencil, I have played D&R and enjoyed it.

Chelara, thanks, I will check it out.

Academic thanks for your reply.  It's not Pitfall and I agree with Big Fish, have been a member for many years.

Cheers,

Ww

#6 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Impossible Mission?

#7 JessicaViolet

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Sleuth?

#8 Monkey_Mind

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

It was Mission Impossible, not vice versa *i think*

"Stay a while, stay Forever!!!"

I still have my Commodore 64 original.gif

Edited by UpTheDuff78, 19 December 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#9 FeralZombieMum

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (PussyDids @ 19/12/2012, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Impossible Mission?

Another visitor.
Stay A while.
Staaaaaaay forever!

roll2.gif

LOVED playing that on the C64!

#10 Eirinn

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Haha I loved impossible Mission too!

#11 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

We played it on our Atari original.gif

I love the backwards jump he did hehehe

#12 Leslie Knope

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Was it Commander Keen?

#13 Excentrique Feral

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Keen? only suggesting it 'cause it was a fav as a kid!

#14 wombatwoman

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Omgoodness, having flashbacks of keen, c64 etc lol.  No not any of those.  It "may" have started with" A" Thanks everyone, maybe it's not all that retro.

Ww

#15 tomson

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Will's World? I can't remember if the original computer game was called this, but the ipad app is.....

#16 **Xena**

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Stickman Quest?

#17 ~~Cleopatra~~

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

I just googled, it was impossible mission and I think we had that one too, I'd completely forgotten about it!

#18 PigNewton

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Loved Mission Impossible, especially when you won and the bad guy went "No. No. NOOO"
"Mission accomplished. Congratulations"

That and Winter Olympics were the shiz.

Actually, WIZBALL was the shiz. I played it on a C64 simulator a couple of years ago and it was still good!

Sorry for derailing OP.

#19 fatbelly

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

My brothers played Gauntlet, it had over 100 levels and was like the never ending game.

I played Barbie, ken would ring her up and ask her to play tennis so you would get her dressed and made up, then drive to the courts, but ken would be mad because you took too long.

I remember the night our family went to the computer shop and bought our C64, my dad told me off for pressing too hard on the keyboards - great memory actually original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ek-houseofmagic-thumb

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.