What is your Santa budget?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mandarins

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Just wondering.

I know it will be different for everyone depending on circumstances and personal choice.

We spend about $100 per child for the big pressie.
If we had more cash then I think $200 would be what I would like to spend. $200 gives a lot more options.

#2 GamerMum

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

I think in total I slept about $100 for DD. I was expecting, and had budgeted, to spend a lot more, but I found a lot of things cheaply, and couldn't find the 'big' items I had been planning on. She still has 20 or so presents, they are mostly clothes and books.
Next year I'm sure I will splurge. I'm not sure I'll be able to help myself.

Spending less than expected on DD meant that I could spend a little more on DF and nieces and nephews, which is nice.

#3 Let_it_Rain

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

$60 for DS this year.

He is getting an art set and some books. We are spending about the same as a present from us.

Santa is giving the grown ups a bottle of wine to share.

#4 Domestic Goddess

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

There was no budget this year..... As in, there was no money to budget in lol. But DS wont be left behind. He's getting some nice handmade stuff and secondhand items and a brandnew bike from nan and pop biggrin.gif

Edited by Domestic Goddess, 19 December 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#5 Always amazed!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Dont really have a budget and don't budget a certin amount per kid.

But i think all up so far i have spent
aroun $800 on our family of 6 Maybe more maybe less havnt kept a runnign total

#6 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

We don't have a budget for Father Christmas.

He fills a stocking (pillowcase) to the brim with mostly useful things - knickers, pj's, craft, stationery, books, shower gel, hairties, drink bottle, small toys etc.

All the presents under the tree are from us.

#7 namie

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I didn't have a budget as such, I layby'd some things for the boys back in the mid-year toy sales.

All up I think I spent around $100 on each boy, but $40 of DS1s is for his new bike which is from us (no way is Santa getting the credit for that, lol!). DP wished we could spend more on them but I honestly don't think they need any more than what we're giving them.

#8 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

No real budget, but I've spent roughly $350 per child- some is from Santa, some not.

#9 luke's mummu

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

DS (7) asked for a packet of Uno cards, so that is a ?$10 budget from Santa.

I think presents in total we have spent around $200-$250 per child, but that includes clothing, books as well as toys for the year.

#10 Nofliesonme

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Santa's budget was approx $150 each child. I didn't meet it with a couple of kids and 1 I went over. But the others are made up for in our presents. I think I spent about $400 each child.

DD1 getting lots of craft stuff and Lego and an iPod touch.
DD2 getting dolls house fisher price loving family one and iPod touch and a few odds and sods.
DS1 new stereo and cars and trains
DS2 haring the new stereo, leap frog scout, few odd things.

Oh forgot all are getting clothes and books too original.gif

Edited by thunda, 19 December 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#11 TwoTs

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I try and stick to a $150 per child that includes something from Santa, Santa presents are usually something small in our house like books and etc the bigger presents are from mum and dad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.