Cat v Christmas tree
pictures included

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 lamarque

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Anyone else having the same trouble?  Photos please!

Our Christmas tree no longer has baubles at the bottom.  It's like living with a goat.  biggrin.gif

Testing out the taste:

Pulling on the cord:

Attack!!

Exhausted from strenuous tree attack activity; doesn't care that it is lying on the light cord nor that a Christmas decoration purchased in my early 20's from Holland is lying discarded on the floor.

We haven't turned our lights on yet.  I'm too scared of a Chevy Chase style explosion.

#2 lynneyours

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

biggrin.gif And his expression in the last pic:  "What??"

#3 lamarque

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Exactly lynnemine.  He loves the tree and quite often curls up around the fake reindeer.  original.gif

#4 Lulubin

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

My cat has managed to chew through the light cord, spread Christmas baubles all over the house and then locate her present under the tree and unwrap it. She has also chewed half a branch off.
She refuses to have her photo taken as she knows it will be used in evidence against her.

#5 ~buzz~

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

My cat has been surprisingly good this year apart from hiding under it and jumping out trying to get your feet when you walk past she has pretty much left it alone very strange considering the past 2 years have ended up with the tree knocked over at least twice

#6 MagsJee

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

This year we have a live tree (or one that used to be, before it got cut down) and the cats are finding it.... delicious  huh.gif .  No response to our usual plastic fantastic tree last year but this real one is just tasty.  So no decorations for us this year other than lights and maybe some silver beads.

#7 Kaonashi

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

wub.gif  love that last photo

#8 CountryFeral

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (~buzz~ @ 19/12/2012, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My cat has been surprisingly good this year apart from hiding under it and jumping out trying to get your feet when you walk past she has pretty much left it alone very strange considering the past 2 years have ended up with the tree knocked over at least twice

I remember the strange feeling of loss that first year when we put the tree up and my old boy just wandered in gave it a sniff and wandered off again.

Realised I had actually rather enjoyed the climbing, bauble golf, and assorted cutely destructive mayhem of the previous years!

He'd obviously reached the age of 'Bah Humbug' in cat years!

#9 MammaBee81

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

zomg that's so funny.

My puppy seemed to have a taste for electrical cord when she was little. Once she managed to chew the cord off my tumble dryer while it was plugged in and turned on... I wonder if she got zapped, because it's 8 years later and she hasn't chewed another cord since...

#10 Last Goodbye

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

That last photo is fantastic, especially the way he's looking at you and poking his tongue out.

#11 The Old Feral

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Mine fancies herself as a leopard.  She climbs 3/4 of the way up the tree, kills all the decorations, and promptly falls asleep.

#12 blackcat20

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

We usually get some rather spectacular crash-tackles. This year it seems to be more about stealing the decorations; I found a nice little pile behind the pressies this morning. Otherwise, she likes to sit behind the tree "out of sight" and drop the decorations on the floor (the tree is on a table).

#13 lamarque

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Thanks everyone!  Get those cameras out, we need a few more laughs.

I had thought about getting a real tree next year but maybe not.  I definitely knew to keep my glass baubles out of the picture this year, so that's a bonus.

I love coming home and finding the baubles in random places.  I just know he's been playing soccer with them all day.

QUOTE (Last Goodbye @ 19/12/2012, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That last photo is fantastic, especially the way he's looking at you and poking his tongue out.

Can you believe that's his mouth?  It's just that little section you can see in the picture that is stained pink.  He's been that way since he was a kitten.  So adorable when he looks up at you with that fat face, big eyes and pink lips.   wub.gif

#14 Luxe

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

#15 lamarque

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Classic last photo Luxe!

roll2.gif

#16 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Last year they didn't touch the tree. Maybe 3 baubles got knocked off?

This year, DF had to repair the wiring in 3 places here it had been chomped through. I've discovered Syd in the tree a few times asleep, halfway up the tree. It's a black tree and he's a dark grey cat, so it's awesome camouflage hehehe Baubles were going everywhere, so we moved the tree into the study/guest room and the cats are not allowed in there.

On the plus side I can now put my presents under the tree original.gif

Edited by PussyDids, 19 December 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#17 *Ker*

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Last Christmas I had 5 x 7 week old kittens and one mum cat. I had heart failure daily over it.

I haven't put the tree up this year yet. Kids are bugging me.

#18 Allymeg69

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

I don't have any photos, but this is Freddy's first Xmas, and he has done his fair share of batting baubles off the tree, and has sliced open a couple of presents. I had to laugh when I saw him crouched in the "attack" position with eyes firmly fixed on the reflective baubles!

#19 bryce's-mummy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Our kitten climbs up the centre of the tree!! lol! No pic yet- must get onto that!!! And I found both the kitten and our cat hiding behind our tree this morning. It appeared to be their new hangout spot!!!

#20 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Splashed out and bought a whizz-bang tree with built in lights. Unfortunately the lights won't work once the cord has been chewed in half by the puppy.

#21 hell kitty

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

My old cat (RIP) used to like playing with the decorations in the middle of the night, so we'd suddenly be woken by little bells jingling and the sound of bauble soccer around the house when she managed to set one free.

#22 Therese

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Our silly kitten tries to eat Christmas lights. Our tree is in a room she can't get into (the old cats room)

#23 lamarque

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Haha, love the cat/kitten/puppy stories.  

I'm actually surprised ours hasn't attempted to climb it but given his size I think it is just too much effort.

#24 amesv

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

That last photo is gorgeous!

#25 Bluenomi

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

My cat would chew through any light cords in an instant, she loves cords (and handbags as I'm discovering)

We've got a felt tree on the wall, cat proof!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-Kids_Snow-Queen-Promotion-tile

Win a Fairytale experience

To celebrate the DVD release of The Snow Queen, we are offering one lucky child and their guardian the chance to experience what it would be like to live in an enchanted fairytale.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.