What did you buy and/or do for your DP/DH/DW's 30th Birthday?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 *~Luvmy3~*

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Its DP's 30th birthday on the 6th Jan and i had no idea what to do or get him. I will pay for him to get his skippers ticket but what im most excited about is he loves fishing and i have organised with his mate and his brother to go deep sea fishing. They are going on the 28th, i put in $55 and they paid the rest as its kinda like a split present being its $185 per person and they are paying for themselves. He doesnt know as it will be a surprise, his mate is staying here the night before and will wake him very early hours of the morning and then DP's brother will come and pick them up, i told them he will ask questions but not to tell him anything as he will find out for himself when they arrive at their destination.

Then for his birthday im taking him out for dinner "just me and him" but will have his mate and his brother and his brothers gf at the restaurant waiting for us then we will finish off with a few games of bowling. Nothing flash but he isnt a big partier and doesnt have a large group of friends which means a party is out of the question.

So what did you buy/do for your partners 30th or vice versa?

#2 Bazinga

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

We are going to Daydream Island for a week for his birthday in February original.gif

We didn't have a honeymoon and every holiday/event this year and last has been spent entertaining family and not getting anytime for ourselves as a family so we're running away to a tropical island (only 2 hrs away LOL) to have some time to kick back and relax without interruption.

#3 Mis-Placed

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I find that sometimes instead of a "pressie" organising a beautiful "activity" is so much better because you have the memories of a beautiful day forever....

So for my husbands 30th i organised a hot air balloon flight. He absolutely loved it! And i kept it a surprise! Most balloon flights happen at sunrise and this one in particular had a champagne breakfast included. It really was the most amazing day and better than any present i could have gotten.

For my 30th - he gave me a lovely piece of jewelry... wub.gif  hheart.gif

#4 JingleJangle

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

I had a friend of a friend (poor, struggling artist) to complete a painting on canvas based on a photo of DH's favourite place.  

He still loves it, 15 years later.

#5 strawberry blondes

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

DH had a fancy dress party which he organised himself lol, I bought him a gorgeous Dora ring.

#6 Always amazed!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

I organized a weekend away to a bush retreat. Just me and him no kids..
It was middle of winter log fire spa ect  i want to go back!

#7 .MrsM.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

my fishing-mad dh got a small dingy that he wanted.
a couple of birthdays before i got him a special bag which holds all of his fishing boxes/lures. cost $100 or so but he loved it.
if i had to get him something now, i would probably buy a rack like they have in the shops which hold all his rods, i know he'd like one to organise all of his.

#8 pumpkin89

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

For DH I bought him V8 hotlaps (You get to go to the race track at willowbank in Brisbane, have a little bit of driver training and then race around the track in a V8 race car).  Because we live about 6 hours away, it was also a weekend away for us and our first big trip with DD1 (who was about 3 months old at the time). DH bought me a beautiful watch, that he spent way too much money on, but I love and wear every day. Neither of us are big "party" people, so we both just had a casual BBQ lunch at home to celebrate with family and friends.

#9 EsmeLennox

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I can't remember, it was too long ago. For his 40th however, he got a whizz bang smartphone.

#10 CountryFeral

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I can't remember what I did (if anything for DP's 30th) but I think he remembers the 'experience present' I supplied for him though.

Carrying me into a crowded A&E at about 11pm and having me whisked off immediately while poor DP was faced filling in all the paperwork in full view of an outraged and furious crowded room all screaming "I've been here for #$%ing hours! Why did she get to go in right away!"

By the time he got out the back to where I was taken they had hooked me up to a morphine drip and was awaiting emergency surgery in the morning so I was in a mystical poppy dreamy place!  

Yeah... he still remembers it!

#11 robot sm

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

DH had never been ten-pin bowling, so we went bowling with a bunch of friends, then out to dinner.  Simple and fun!  And I bought him a practice amp, since his own amp/box was cumbersome to load in the car and take to band stuff.

#12 WYSIWYG

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

We went out for lunch at his favourite restaurant with his parents. He didnt want a big fuss.

#13 PrincessPeach

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

We were on our honeymoon & I surprised DH with a seaplane flight over the great barrier reef.

If anyone is heading to airlie beach I highly recomend it, the reef looks stunning from the air.

#14 Therese

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

We had a party at home for his 30th. I don't remember what his present was though..it was ages ago.

#15 SierraX

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I'm about to turn 30 and I'm not a big party-person.
I've always wanted to go hot air ballooning so that' what I've asked for. I'm not a fan of surprises and would definitely prefer an experience over a physical gift.
I'm really excited!

#16 little lion

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

He got a Weber BBQ. We considered a party but I was in my first trimester with near constant morning sickness so not in the party mood. Instead we had a quiet dinner just the two of us. I'm thinking of having a 31st party for him this year to make up for last year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.