It's now 21/12/12 somewhere in the world.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ~iMum~

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

And we're all still here.

biggrin.gif

#2 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm only semi here....but I blame that empty bottle of wine on the kitchen bench for that, rather than some ancient Mayan prophesy ...

#3 happynow

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Yay .  Hmm that means I still have to do the house work though in the morning original.gif

#4 Jen1

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Woohoo Happy Birthday to me.  tongue.gif

#5 TenYears

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Yeah but in the Mayan highlands it's only about 7am Thursday so we've got a good 36 hours of waiting before we can forget those last few Christmas presents.

#6 *maddierose*

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Happy birthday Jen1.

It is my girls 17th birthday. She is in melbourne with her best friend and family who moved there, we are in NSW. The first birthday i have not spent with her  sad.gif .

#7 Red nut

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

In hospital waiting for a baby to arrive. Does the fact my old life is about to end count?

#8 Starrydawn

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Only in NZ. The rest of the world is behind us.

#9 Excentrique Feral

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

oooh Red nut, was the conception immaculate? Tounge1.gif

Congratulations by the way, hope it all goes well!

#10 erindiv

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Is anyone is NZ awake and prepared to say they are still alive and well? Tounge1.gif

#11 mibi

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

But don't you know America is the centre (center) of the Universe and so the world will self destruct on US time... (but not sure which timezone)

#12 (feral)epg

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (mibi @ 20/12/2012, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But don't you know America is the centre (center) of the Universe and so the world will self destruct on US time... (but not sure which timezone)

I think it will be in Mayan time.

#13 Majeix

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

hmm maybe I should have waited to wrap those christmas presents...just in case I didn't need to bother. Tounge1.gif

#14 *-*

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya

Can breathe easy in 22 hours.

Personally? The Mayan calendar just ticks over - just like your annual ones do.  I don't know anyone who freaks out that the world is going to end because their calendar expires. LOL

#15 PigNewton

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Personally? The Mayan calendar just ticks over - just like your annual ones do. I don't know anyone who freaks out that the world is going to end because their calendar expires. LOL

That's what I've been saying, BUT I did say to DH the other day "Wow, if I'm wrong, I'm going to be watching a flaming mountain fall on me, and my last words will be "I'm such a t*at""

#16 *-*

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (redkris @ 21/12/2012, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what I've been saying, BUT I did say to DH the other day "Wow, if I'm wrong, I'm going to be watching a flaming mountain fall on me, and my last words will be "I'm such a t*at""
i

Well, whilst I don't believe this will be an issue - I do understand your sentiment.  However at least we will all be dead, therefore ones embarrassment will be short lived.... though may I suggest you work on a different "exiting" line - calling yourself a t*at could be so much more adventurous!  I have always held Henny Penny in high esteem.  I personally plan on running around informing all that the sky is falling.

Well... time will tell.  12 Hours and Fifty odd minutes.

#17 Jen1

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (belnryan @ 20/12/2012, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Happy birthday Jen1.

It is my girls 17th birthday. She is in melbourne with her best friend and family who moved there, we are in NSW. The first birthday i have not spent with her  sad.gif .

Thank you belnryan. Happy birthday to your dd too, sorry that you aren't with her for her birthday.  sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.