Anyone else obsessively tracking Christmas presents?
Mine are currently in Louisville!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 happygurl06

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

I ordered all the girls in my family name necklaces for Christmas online from a .au website guaranteeing Christmas delivery 3 weeks ago.

I finally got my dispatch confirmation with a tracking link.

It was sent on the 19th..... From Israel!!!

So far they have gone to turkey, Germany, Pensilvania and have now just left Louisville!  UPS suggest it will be here 24th... Cutting it fine and not taking into account any delays or issues!

Anyone else wanna join my courier tracking club?

#2 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

All but 1 gift has arrived, and very quickly.  I've been waiting for a pettiskirt for the baby for a couple of weeks - admittedly an eBay cheap one, it was supposed to arrive from yesterday, so here's hoping it gets here today or Monday.

#3 -*meh*-

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

i ordered DP a ring from the US on the 9th of november... it was only posted on the 13 of december sad.gif and it doesn't seem to be moving fast... i have no high hopes of it getting here in time!

#4 winkywonkeydonkey

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Mine was sent on the 5th. From victoria.

I dont think its going to turn up.

#5 Tyrantasaurus

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

I am waiting on a little portable sewing machine for my 7yo DD.  I ordered it on the 4th December, from a site that said they were an Australian owned online store based in Sydney.  It only had to be sent to the south coast NSW so I thought  - plenty of time to get there.  Hopped online the other day to check where my order was - it had been shipped from Hong Kong - on the 11th!  I was so cranky to see that.  I went back and checked out the online store I ordered it from and they have worded it so cleverly, but not lied, so I probably don't have a leg to stand on if it doesn't get here in time sad.gif

#6 scarfie

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

I'm waiting on two parcels to come from Germany.  Ordered and paid for on the 9th Dec.  Seller says posted on the 11th.  

Not for Christmas presents, but I would like them soon.

#7 Jax12

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Don't be disheartened if it never leaves the UPS sorting facility according to the tracker. I had an item dispatched on the 4th and Monday it was STILL saying it was at the depo in Oregan. It arrived that night...the seller I bought it from said the UPS tracking info is really inaccurate. My mum has had an item say it's at a sorting facility in LA since the 6th, hoping it randomly turns up soon like mine.

#8 Ange

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'm waiting on an order from Toys R Us (US). The order had 8 small items, and they have shipped 2 separately (which haven't arrived) and I have no idea if the other 6 have even shipped! So so so annoyed!!

#9 CallMeProtart

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

My Christmas lights that I ordered in EARLY NOVEMBER have not arrived yet!  rant.gif

#10 IsolaBella

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

My item which was off loaded in HK on the 19th has suddenly arrived on my doorstep today.

Still awaiting a dress for me and a caraway for DS2 to arrive at my folks.

Edited by lsolaBella, 21 December 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#11 Quack Quack

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'm waiting on a parcel from the US, posted on the 6th of December, and still showing on the tracking website as never leaving the post office it was posted at! GGrrrrrr

If it doesn't turn up today or tomorrow I will have to get my Mum something else for Christmas sad.gif not happy.

#12 Coffeegirl

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (5*little*ducks @ 21/12/2012, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm waiting on a parcel from the US, posted on the 6th of December, and still showing on the tracking website as never leaving the post office it was posted at! GGrrrrrr

If it doesn't turn up today or tomorrow I will have to get my Mum something else for Christmas sad.gif not happy.

^^. How was it posted?  Unless the article was sent First Class or internationally trackable, there won't be another scan sad.gif.

My last parcel  arrived on Wed via UPS.  It sat in the Mascot NSW depot for 4 days sad.gif. Only took 6 days in all to reach me though

#13 BadCat

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Mine are all here.  But tracking often doesn't reflect reality.  I ordered something from Perth.  Six days later I received an email saying it had just been posted and giving me a tracking number.  The tracking number showed it as received at the Perth depot and awaiting transport across the country.  At this stage it had been sitting wrapped in my cupboard for 2 days.  laughing2.gif

Fingers crossed for all those still waiting on stuff.

Edited by BadCat, 21 December 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#14 Quack Quack

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (Coffeegirl @ 21/12/2012, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^. How was it posted?  Unless the article was sent First Class or internationally trackable, there won't be another scan sad.gif.

My last parcel  arrived on Wed via UPS.  It sat in the Mascot NSW depot for 4 days sad.gif. Only took 6 days in all to reach me though

It was posted US Express mail.  I am teasy about it because I actually purchased it on the 1st of November, it is a handmade dolls house bed ( and not cheap either!)

I had emailed her prior to purchase to check it would be ready for christmas, and she said oh yes, it will be in Australia for Christmas.  
I still don't have it and am thinking of opening a paypal dispute for non-delivery of goods. sad.gif

#15 ~Nodnol~

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm waiting for mine and my DH's presents. Ordered in November but still nothing. Because it was economy shipping there is no tracking number for me to trace either. I just have to hope it arrives over the weekend.  sad.gif

#16 Oriental lily

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

I am waiting for an cd audio book I bought ae November from USA for my nearly legally blind dad.

The eBay seller said I should have had it weeks ago. sad.gif

What's annoying is that I can I buy this book from USA and I had the option between amazon or eBay, but picked the eBay seller due to them having PayPal.

Now I wish I ad picked amazon.

I think it's gone........

Very annoyed and sad for my dad who is so bored ( normally a constant reader)

#17 IsolaBella

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (lsolaBella @ 21/12/2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My item which was off loaded in HK on the 19th has suddenly arrived on my doorstep today.

Still awaiting a dress for me and a caraway for DS2 to arrive at my folks.

Car seat for DS2 has arrived at my folks. So operation swap seats can happen over Christmas. My nephew will get DD seat, DD DS2s seat and DS2 a new seat. Musical chairs LOL.

Now just need my Boden order to arrive. I really wanted to wear the dresses for Christmad.

#18 sophiasmum

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

My DH ordered one of my xmas presents from the US a week or so ago, no tracking number so we can't say for sure, but not hopeful it will arrive in time. WHY did he do this, when he probably could have found one in Aus, I have no idea  huh.gif

#19 tres-chic

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I got the email that my last one (sheets for DD) shipped yesterday - if it doesn't reach us it doesn't really matter as she's only 2 and will be oblivious.  smile1.gif

But it is stressful wondering if you'll have to do a last minute dash to get a replacement!

#20 Therese

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I am only waiting on one and it's from the book depository. I have no idea when it will arrive, but it's for my oldest daughter and I can give her an IOU if it doesn't turn up on Monday thankfully.

#21 tanyak1

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

My David Jones online order I placed on 6th December finally turned up today. It was however minus one item, that I have been charged for, even though it's not on the final invoice. Luckily it was the present for my brother and sister in law who are in Europe over Christmas so I have time to buy them something else, but I now have to chase David Jones for a refund which is annoying/

#22 Kay1

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

I ordered a scooter from Germany for DS2. Nothing seemed to be happening but I just checked and it arrive in Australia today so the race is on to see if it gets here on Monday!!

Its not his main present so I'm not too worried but it would be nice to get it in time.

#23 melandned

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

oh yes Barnes and Noble grrr
it was supposedly send 11th NOVEMBER!
and was meant to get to me worst case scenario 17th Dec, but i can't lodge a dispute with them til 2 weeks after that date
awesome considering they were christmas presents for DS
NEVER AGAIN

#24 melandned

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

has anyone had any luck - last day today, fingers crossed!

#25 happygurl06

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

My stuff left botany NSW at 1 pm yesterday.  Fingers crossed they are in Melbourne now getting ready to be delivered.  I have a couple of neighborhood kids coming to house sit for the couple if hours I'm going to be out today just in case!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.