Do you buy your pets christmas presents

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Sezzy1234

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Yesterday i went out and got my pussy his christmas present.
He got some Fancy Feast Broths, Fancy Feast Royale Banquet, 2 packets of Temptations, some cat milk, and a new catnip toy. All wrapped together under the tree with his name on it.
(all of these he does not get on a regular basis)

Any one else go christmas shopping for their furry family member?

#2 Bluenomi

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Isis always gets some new cat toys and I usually get her some fancy turkey flavoured cat food for her Christmas dinner

#3 Just us

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Yep, for his stocking biggrin.gif

#4 CountryFeral

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Of course!

Don't actually have a pet at the moment but in the past my furry chums have always had a gift or two under the tree and oh... their gifts that they gave me.... always knew EXACTLY what I wanted!  

When the cats were young they always got a box of ping pong balls plus something else they would enjoy.

There would be a special whole little fish (caught especially by my Dad) for Christmas lunch too!

#5 amesv

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I always bought our dog presents for Christmas, until we started having kids and now she gets some pigs ears if she's lucky sad.gif.

#6 Roobear

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Yes. This year she is getting a bag of liver treats  xmas_tongue.gif

#7 ~rollercoaster~

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yep. Soccer ball here. She loves helping us unwrap pressies so I got one for her to unwrap. xmas_tongue.gif

#8 Therese

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yes of course. My girls plan out what to buy our pets.

Santa even leaves them something under the tree too biggrin.gif

#9 (feral)epg

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yes of course!

But they're cats so they don't appreciate it.  sad.gif

#10 NunSoFeral

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Yep.
Usually a toy or ball.

CountryMel - Ringo bought me a book and the most frivolous of aprons this year.
He always buys my stocking stuffers. biggrin.gif

Of course I have to wrap - no opposable thumbs and all that.

#11 Missmousie

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Sure do!! the dogs open their own, and love it. Like countrymel, mine give the best presents too!

My pets also buy my MILs pets christmas presents, and hers buy presents for ours too, all wrapped nicely under the tree... Its very cute, but I suspect it will change when my MIL has grandchildren to spoil instead though!  biggrin.gif

#12 Brrrroooce!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

No, he's Jewish.

#13 steppy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

No. He just gets the usual amount of spoiling.

#14 FeralHez

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

All wrapped and under the tree, have put the tag on a long piece of ribbon for puss to chase so the gift itself is a toy hehehe.
However he's slack I don't think he got us anything, maybe he went in with the 15mo on my present lol

Ps gettheetoanunnery -- Ringo is on my wait list of cat names!!!! Adorable!

#15 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

No it's Christmas here everyday for our dogs.

#16 HerringToMarmalade

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Of course. My dog loves shoving her nose in other people's presents so she needs one of her own. This year we've got her a toy with a replaceable squeaker, and it came with a spare so it might actually last more than a week.

#17 FiveAus

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Yes, mine are getting a soccer ball-sized Enduro ball, it was expensive so its for all of them. I'm also buying one of them his own cushion because he likes to put his head on one. The cars will just get extra wet food. They dont really play with toys and different food upsets the Maine Coons tummy. But they love the little packs of Dine so they're getting an extra one each.

#18 BadCat

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

My cat's christmas present this year is that we have decided to let the senile old beast live despite the fact that she spends the nights yelling and we have been sleeping like new parents for months now.

Nah, I jest.  She's a lovely senile old beast.  original.gif

We don't do pet presents though.

#19 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Definitely- pets are a part of the family!

#20 dae-gu

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Yep! We even bought a toy today for my brothers newly rescued bird! ohmy.gif

#21 beebsoferal

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

No pet presents here. I just buy them toys when they need them. Maybe when DD is a bit older and wants to get them something.

#22 Ange

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Yep, Jazz has a Christmas stocking treat bag this year original.gif

#23 kpingitquiet

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Normally, yes! But this year mom sent presents to them from the US roll2.gif! Nothing like international delivery for dogs. Our main motivation, however selfish, for gifting to the pups is to give them a distraction while we open presents biggrin.gif

#24 Soontobegran

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

Funny you should ask as I have just got home from the dog's beauty parlour where I bought them a new collar each and an assortment of dog chews.
I also make up mini bags of treats for the other dogs in my extended family.

They have a stocking each that says "Don't forget the dog" so I wouldn't. original.gif

#25 AnnBB

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Yep! My pooch is getting some doggy bon bons this year. Although, I must say, everyday is Christmas for my hound, given the lifestyle he lives. He is living the dream!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.