Series inspiration please :)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 skae

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm looking for a new series to get stuck into while I work out on the treadmill.

Some of the series I've really enjoyed so far:

How I met your mother
30 rock
New Girl
Downton Abbey
Red Dwarf
Futurama
Seinfeld
Frasier

So I guess mostly lighthearted comedy is my main genre. Nothing to crass.

Suggestions welcomed gladly original.gif

Thanks!

#2 Unatheowl

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

How about scrubs?

#3 skae

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Ooh good idea unatheowl! I like what I've seen of that so far, and BIL has the DVDs too original.gif

#4 adl

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Black books
Big bang theory
Mash - an oldie but I recently re watched all 11 seasons and loved it!!

#5 Unatheowl

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

I just love it.  It's appeals to a certain kind of sense of humour but dh and I were totally addicted!  We also like the office.

#6 jezebeljoygirl

Happy Endings - like a funnier, more modern Friends

Community

Parks & Rec

The Office (original UK version)

#7 melaine

Modern Family or Scrubs

#8 Ireckon

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Weeds

#9 Zarlias

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

We recently discovered a series called Outnumbered. If you're into pommy comedy and have kids, it's gold.

#10 skylark

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Party Down
Gavin & Stacey

I have all series of those shows and watch them all the time.

#11 skae

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Great suggestions! That will be heaps to keep me going haha, I will be like a model if I exercise to all those Tounge1.gif

#12 .Jerry.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Definitely Parks and Recreation.  Love it.  It really gets best at the end of season 2 though.  Start at the beginning.  They are short episodes.  

30 Rock. original.gif

Episodes

Veep (with Julia Louis Dreyfus as the vice president)  Only one season made of this I think.

#13 Silver Girl

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Spin City (with Michael J. Fox).

#14 TheAppetiser

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Curb your Enthusiasm
The Tudors

#15 nik_klinger

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Another one who recommends 'Community', lov lov lov it.

#16 Kaonashi

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Doc Martin
The New Adventures of Old Christine
Miranda
Upstairs Downstairs
Scrubs

#17 bubbalee

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Shameless (the US version not the UK one)

#18 jenjams

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

Another recomdation for Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Created by Larry David (and starring him) who also is behind Seinfeld

#19 summer80

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Another vote for Gavin and Stacey and The Office!

Also love;
- Extras
- Big Love
- Offspring
- Teachers

#20 librablonde

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

My latest fave is Arrow, which is a re-telling of the Green Arrow hero and it's just engrossing. And the lead actor is intriguingly hawt  biggrin.gif

#21 Madeline's Mum

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Veep, so funny!
Modern Family
New Girl
Partners (only had 6 or so episodes but I found it hilarious)
the New normal

Hart of Dixie is fun for some light entertainment
Scandal is awesome (from the creator of Greys Anatomy)
Arrow is Revenge-ish and ok entertainment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.