where does it go

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 littleboepeep

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I got a booster seat today and purchased a harness aswell, i am confused I have clipped the strap into  the space for the booster seat but the harness needs to be clipped as well where does this go. We have a 2012 Kluger.

#2 dae-gu

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Add on harnesses aren't really recommended anymore. There is a sticky about them at the top of this section.

Only recommended to use with lap only seat belts and I would guess that a 2012 model should have all lap/sash belts.

#3 littleboepeep

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for that dae-gu, however my son is 22 kgs ands is off the height chart for his age, I am concerned that a normal seat belt would not hold him in.

Ahhhhh it is too confusing.

#4 IsolaBella

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

So age, height and weight of child?

As PP said I would not be going an add on harness.

#5 littleboepeep

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

sorry i for got to add all that he is three in April, weights 22 kgs and is 104 cms

#6 gabbigirl

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

I was also confused by the add on harness, and found that it is not needed, with my 4 yo who is around the same size as your little one..just bolt  the booster into the car and then hook these at belt over your son, through any notches the booster provides. Ditch the harness.  Yes I am annoyed I wasted money on it but it isn't necessary.

#7 littleboepeep

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

thanks for the info lucky I kept the receipt and will return i can't seem to find anywhere that has height and weight outline just the ages.

#8 FeralSis

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

I'm sure an expert will come and post with recommendations for a suitable seat.

Even though your son may have outgrown his current seat there is no way he should be in just a booster with or without add-on harness at less than 3 years of age!

There are plenty of newer seats on the market with higher height markings which will be much safer.

#9 Tarshy77

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

PP - I don't think there are any seats with 5 point harness above 18kgs (so 21kgs max)?? If there is I'd love to know about it!

I've had the same issue with both my boys outgrew with both weight and height long before 4

#10 IsolaBella

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Try the new SNS Maxi Rider T&A. Apparently the seat has very high FF markers (new seats are height driven not weight driven). Also reports that sns test this seat with 32kg test dummies.

Edited by lsolaBella, 23 December 2012 - 08:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.