New Year, New Me!
New Years weightloss group/support.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#1 ChunkyChook

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Will see if this generates any interest. If it doesn't take off I will take me/us over to the summer group.

I want to lose weight for my Thailand trip at the end of Feburary.

Start weight: 73.5
Goal weight: 59.9
Strategy: Switching foods.
Exercise: JM 30DS, walking and maybe C25K eventually.

aimee28 CW 88 GW 65
ALEJA CW 85 GW 75
amandaw72 CW 86 GW 59
Ange CW 68 GW 62 MFP - Lns25
Awkward Penguin CW 85 GW 65
bikingbubs CW 85 GW 75
broncosbabe CW 73 GW 62
Burro CW 71 GW 63
Caitiri CW 100 GW 90
CallMeAliG CW 61 GW 55
Ceeshell CW 61 GW 55 MFP - ceeshelley
ChunkyChook CW 73.5 GW 59.9 MFP - kodi1982
Elemenoppe CW 94 GW 75
emma_jean CW 77.7 GW 56 MFP - emmajeanious
eyesabove CW 84.9 GW 65
fruitbat CW 72 GW 63
Gettheetoanunnery CW 72 GW 60
gina70 CW 63 GW 60
imamumto3
JellyBlush CW 71.5 GW 65
Jimmy Moon CW 79.9 GW 60
Jules83 CW 75 GW 68
Kathryn74 CW 64 GW 59.9 MFP - Kedbrooke
lazycow CW 77 GW 65
lewis CW 64.7 GW 61.5 MFP - lewis350
Madam Plum SW TBA GW 67
MagsJee CW 72 GW 60
mamatocarysbaileigh CW 67 GW 62
mintie CW 65 GW 58
MrsShine CW 75 GW 65
MsDemeanor
mypigeonpair01 CW 86 GW 70
Myprincesses CW 73 GW 65
nezy_ezy CW 78.8 GW 65 MFP - nezy_ezy
OneBlueStar CW 74.4 GW 57
OnTheJourney CW 64.5 GW 55
Peridot GW 59
rach2012 CW 115 GW 95
Rangeman CW 80 GW 65
RogerRabbit CW 70 GW 60s MFP - kazzahoges
Sallytwo CW 63.5 GW 59
SeaPrincess CW 63.9 GW 55 MFP - Speckle38
Stellabella1980 CW 94.6 GW 70 MFP - Stellabella1980
ThreeLittleLambs CW 89 GW 68
trishalishous CW 116 GW 85

Edited by ChunkyChook, 31 December 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#2 Kathryn74

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Well, I am looking to start afresh on New Year's Day.  My final excuse is heading to school next year leaving me with more opportunities to go to the gym, so here's hoping!!

Start Weight: Not sure exactky- will check next Monday when I officially weigh in (I know that's NYE, but Monday is my weigh in day, so that will do me).  It's probably around 64kg
Goal Weight: 59.9!  Just want to see the underneath of 60.  I have been trying to get under there for about 5 years now!!  So close, yet so far.
Strategy: Less treats, more exercise.
Exercise: Gym classes and sessions.

I came in here especially to look for a support group, so I hope it takes off!!

#3 ALEJA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Yes add me please. Three holidays in a row and over indulging since my youngest is now finished breastfeeding has not been good.

Start Weight : 85kg
Goal Weight : 75kg
Strategy : Eat less. I still eat like a I am feeding a hungry newborn.
Exercise: : Being that I can't access a gym I plan to turn off my netbook and do more housework and outdoor play with the kids.

And I can really feel the extra weight on me has gone from solid fat to flabby fat. I really hope I can shift it.

#4 Kathryn74

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hi Aleja!  You certainly don;t need access to a gym to exercise.  We are beyond prams in my household now, but pushing a pram out on a walk (especially if there are hills) is a great workout, as is chasing the kids around the park.  The C25K is also fantastic if you can steal half an hour to yourself 3 times a week.  I look forward to following your journey!

Are either of you on My Fitness Pal?

#5 Rainbow Brite

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'm in! I've got some excess baby weight that needs shifting. Annoyingly I lost it all after a few weeks ( very stressful time) and it is all back in again.

I know the drill for me. Eat less, exercise more.

Current weight: TBA when I weigh tomorrow but around 76kg
Goal weight: anything close to 67kgs

Very excited original.gif

Edited by Madam Plum, 26 December 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#6 SeaPrincess

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I will join too!

Start Weight: 63.9kg
Goal Weight: 55kg
Strategy: Eat better - more fruit and veges, packed lunches for work (new job).  
Exercise: Aiming for 3 classes/week (only one child to put in creche this year!), plus whatever additional I do with the children. We walk to and from school on the days I'm not working, and I usually swim while they do their lessons.

I'm on My Fitness Pal but I haven't used it for a while.

#7 Kathryn74

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

SeaPrincess, I haven't used it for a while either.  Will be brushing it off (so to speak)on Jan 1!

Looks like we have ourselves a group!

#8 SeaPrincess

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Kathryn, do you know how we join as friends on MFP? I've only used it for tracking my food intake and exercise, nothing else.

#9 jules83

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Count me in!    
I had a baby in July and now I need to get serious about shifting some kgs!!
Start weight - around 75kgs- will confirm this once I get on scales
Goal weight - 68kg..
Strategy- counting cals( boring but works.)3 gym classes a week and a few walks with the kids

#10 NunSoFeral

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yep - count me in
72 start weight
60 is my aim.

Going to kick start with knocking off simple carbs and reducing calorie for a week.
Will also be doing the mixed intensity sprint and walk each morning.

Gotta kick the insidous sugar habit I've got happening, just ruins me mentally, physically and emotionally.

#11 emma_jean

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

I'm keen, but is it okay if I just weigh monthly? I think my weight is around 78kg atm and I'd love to get under 60, but will weigh on the 1st of January.

#12 ChunkyChook

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Of course emma_jean. Everyone is welcome to do as they please. This will just be a nice place to give and receive support, share experiences etc

#13 Myprincesses

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

I would love to join in! I have been trying to shift this last 8kgs for 2.5yrs but can't seem to break under 70kgs.

Current weight: 73kg
Goal weight : 65kg (would love 60kg but small steps I think)
How: more water, fresh fruit and Vegies, more exercise.

We are moving back to the country today which means hubby will be home heaps more giving me a chance to get out. DD1 also starts school. She has a physical disability so my life has revolved around appts and therapy for the last 5 years.

I'm starting Zumba with a close friend and conyinuing dancing as well.

Good luck everyone

#14 LittleListen

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

I'm in!

This weight is coming off before our only remaining AC cycle later this year - got to give my body a chance to get this right!!

Feeling self conscious to write my weight down but its got to be done.

Start Weight: 84.9
Goal Weight: 75kg in 4 months (2.5kg a month)
Strategy: Starting fitness classes with some friends two nights a week, walking, Pilates at home with a DVD, return to packed lunches every day.

I'm taking a few weeks to plan out exactly how this is going to look. my mistake last year was deciding to start and trying to start all in one day. Instead I'm going to plan my classes, organise my food etc and then start this year. My first weigh in will be in mid Jan and I'm going to weigh in fortnightly. I'm using a diary to track my weight and note my exercise. I'm hoping to see a pattern of more exercise = better weight and hope that it will motivate me to do more! original.gif

#15 Burro

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Add me please. I put on 20kg when i was pregnant and never lost the last 7g. We will prob want to start TTC from about april 2013 and i really want to fit into some of my old clothes before it begins again.

Start weight: 71kg
Goal weight: 63
Exercise: C25k and more walking
Diet: no sugar

Im also going to log back onto myfitness pal and try to keep it up.

#16 nezy_ezy

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Hi, Im in too... i have to get rid of my compulsive chocolate & sugar eating habit, start working out & become more active.

SW: 78.8kg
goal: 65kg
Exercise: walking, gym
Diet : another no sugar or junk!

Does this mean we start as of the new year?

#17 ChunkyChook

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

For those who lack motivation after a while I have made myself one of THESE that I am hoping will help as it is visual. It is mini goals of 1.5kgs at a time.

nezy_ezy I was thinking of having Monday morning weigh ins, does this suit everyone?? I am slowly changing a few things these next few days and getting organized for the next few days so I am right to go on the 1st. Does anyone have any different ideas or suggestions?

#18 LittleListen

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Sounds great to me CC original.gif

Love that pin by the way - fantastic visual!! original.gif

#19 Ange

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

Count me in original.gif

SW:  68kg
GW: 62kg
Strategy: 30DS, Ripped in 30, good diet, log EVERYTHING on myfitnesspal!! original.gif

Need to look hot in bathers for our trip in Feb! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ETA: My original SW was 75kg but managed to lose 7kgs in the last 8weeks original.gif

Edited by Ange, 27 December 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#20 LittleListen

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hmmm.. now if this isn't the universe telling me what to do, I don't know what is...

Just got the mail and found an envelope with a women's health magazine which has been put there by hand (there were stamps on the envelope but no post mark...).

Totally creepy but full of weight loss ideas and exercises, so it will make for a pleasant afternoon of reading.

#21 LittleListen

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

On second thoughts - I hope its not DH trying to give me a hint!!

(its ok, not his style original.gif

#22 fruitbat72

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

OK count me in - I have been making excuses for far too long, I need to lose the last of my baby weight and get my waistline back. I am sick of being plump

Current Weight - about 72kg (although after Xmas, not sure)
Goal Weight - 63kg (although 65kg is fine too)
Exercise - Walking with pram, exercise bike
Diet - Back to Weight Watchers, no alcohol, more fruit and vegies

#23 Wise Old Owl

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

waves.gif I will join too!

Start Weight: 74.4kg (I hate writing that number as it is more than I weighed 9 months pregnant with my last baby who I started off the pregnancy weighing the heaviest!!!)

Goal Weight: 57kg (This is a comfortable weight for me, but honestly I will be thrilled to jump on the scale and see anything that starts with a 6)

Strategy: Just to eat better making small changes, stop snacking after dinner, drink more water.  Will up the ante as time goes on.

Exercise: Well, I have 3 kids at home over school holidays and then it will return to 1 at home.  I have a mini tramp and will do lots of incidental exercise.  Aim to go for a walk once DH gets home from work every night.

Does this challenge have a time limit or is it just a new start for the new year?  I have already started so will probably make my weigh in days on a Friday.

I don't want to set a time limit on myself to lose this weight, but would be thrilled if by next Christmas I am at my goal weight or less  wink.gif

#24 FeralAndIKnowIt

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'm in - I've put on over 20kg over the last 18 months by pure laziness and not eating right, so not happy with myself about it. It has started to really cause havoc with my body - sore feet, back, etc plus my energy levels are crap. No more excuses, I had already started today anyway!

SW: 88kg - heaviest I've ever been
GW: 65kg

Strategy: Eat much better than I have been, exercise more - plan to get up each week day morning and do 30-60mins on the treadmill, I'm off work until the 14th so should be in a good routine by then. Possibly either another 30-60mins on the treadmill of an evening, also have a friend who is a Personal Trainer so will probably book in 2 sessions a week with her. Will get back into the C25K when I get myself some new runners.

Will see how I go with just eating better, I know what I should and shouldn't eat, but if I will count calories if I need to.

#25 Rangeman

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm in too!
SW: 80kg (I think)
GW: 65Kg (prefer 60kg but not sure I'll get there)

My story is pretty much the same as aimee28.  From Jan 1st will go back to recording my MyFitnessPal and jumping on the treadmill for about 30mins in the morning.  I don't have scales at home so I might have to invest in some.  I'm the biggest & laziest I have ever been and hate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.