What are you baking today?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 TillyTake2

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Today I need to make bread/rolls, pumpkin & cashew dip, bean, pumpkin, fetta & pine nut salad, pancakes & chocolate pudding.

It's all for tomorrow as we are doing breakfast with my Nan (in hospital) & then lunch with my family.

I'm actually looking forward to this Christmas more than I have for many years original.gif

#2 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Actually, nothing. I've bought most of it already made. Tomorrow morning I will make the jellies, and decorate the pav. Very low key.

#3 Broxie

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Pavlova and chocolate and salted caramel tart today.

#4 iheartu

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

White chocolate, cranberry & pistachio biccies from dough I made late last week and popped in the freezer original.gif

I made an ice cream layer cake and an antipasto vegetable terrine last night... Only thing left to do is make a salad but that won't happen till just before tea tomorrow.

One more sleep!

#5 75etd

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Have already made sausage meat stuffing balls and some rolled in bacon, boiled potatoes for salad, capsicum and cashew dip, sausage rolls and got the cinnamon scrolls ready to be baked in the morning, still to make coleslaw, normal stuffing, and something else which escapes me at the moment. Thought I might make some mince tarts if I'm feeling like making pastry later.

#6 Etcetera

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Mini onion tartlets - done
Mince pies - done
Shortbread
Spinach and feta triangles if I have time
Salted caramel

Tomorrow will be pavlova

#7 Mamabug

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Today I've made:

a cake for triffle

chickpea dip

soy cream'cheese'

pear jelly.

Tonight I will get Himself to make egg custrad (for triffle) and I'll prep everything to throw together a green bean/tomato salad tomorrow morning.

#8 Missmarymack

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I currently have a pav in the oven (fingers crossed as I'm a bit worried about the temp - I have it on 100 fan forced - and it is for boxing day, so I hope it will stay crisp). And I'm hoping to make brownies this evening too for our boxing day picnic.

I also have to make a potato salad and prepare a green bean and fetta salad for dinner tomorrow. My job for our huge Christmas day lunch is to prepare and cook the vegetables which my MIL has already bought original.gif

#9 TopsyTurvy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

The ham is glazing in the oven.

Stuffing is made.

Next I will make some gingerbread cookies original.gif

#10 HeroOfCanton

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Just started assembling the trifle, but I'm using choc ripple biscuits instead of sponge, so I need to let them soften before I dump stuff on top of them.

I'm also doing a pavlova, but I want to wait til it cools down a bit to put the oven on - far too hot right now!
I'm trying something different with the pav too, going to make 2 thinner ones & layer it with cream, so I home it works out okay!!

#11 mumtoactivetoddler

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Made swedish spritzes (shortbread), need to roll out the fondant for the cake and make mince pies. However as I do not feel like having the kids helping I will do them tonight. Heading to a friends to swim with lots of our leftovers from desserts the last two nights (think passionfruit curd pav, and baked cheesecake). Gingerbread was made yesterday

Can pp share their recipes for the salted caramel tart and also the mini onion tarts pretty please?

#12 Jo-Anna

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

White chocolate and sour cherry cheesecake as well as a banana caramel cheesecake.
Not a lot compared to my usual Christmas contribution, but i'm baking twins this year so i'm doing literally as much as I can fathom.
Merry Christmas everyone.

#13 joolz

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Ive made shortbread and two thirds of the trifle - just got to whip the cream for that one. Ive also made the home made icecream. Might zip off and make the stuffing so its one less thing I have to do tomorrow!

#14 SlightlyLeftFeral

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I've made gingerbread men, just wait for dd to get home from day care so she can help decorate.

Still got pav, berry mince pies and choc chip bickies to go.

#15 *BluePinkie*

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

I just made chocolate truffles and tomorrow I need to put a platter together and I am done. I love going out for Christmas day wink.gif

#16 Allie_D

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I've done the first 'cook' of the twice cooked pork belly.  It's now sitting in the fridge with bricks on it waiting for tomorrow original.gif  (The bricks are wrapped in foil!).

I've made christmasy rum balls but still need to dip them in white chocolate and put the holly decorations on them.

I'm still cooking pieces for a gingerbread house!

I am going to prep all the veggies so I don't have to do it tomorrow.

I'm getting as much prep done today as I can because I know tomorrow will be hectic!  I am hosting lunch and dinner after all!

Oh... and I've still got to clean the house as well!

#17 gina70

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Yesterday I made macadamia rocky road.

Earlier today I made shortbread, pecan biscuits and 2 pavs.

House is cleaned, my nails are done.  All ready for Christmas day.

#18 JRA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

we are having a very simple christmas and Boxing Day, with just the three of us tomorrow, and another family Boxing Day.

Today I just need to make the brandy vanilla cream (for tomorrows pudding) and corn fritters (fore brekky tomorrow). Tomorrow evening I will make the summer pudding for Boxing Day.

DH will do the turkey breast tomorrow, he has already made the stuffing.

#19 *CalamityJane*

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

I've made iced passion fruit shortbread and there's a batch of choc hazelnut kisses in the oven. Just going to wash up and start on the honeycomb macadamia ice cream. DD wants to make chocolate Rudolph tarts and then I'll glaze the ham.

#20 SusieGreen

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Have done two types of shortbread, two different fudges, mint slice, choc balls, and sweet potato casserole. Jelly is setting for the trifle and I'm about to go and glaze the ham  original.gif

Trying to decide if I can be ar**d putting together the frozen cheesecake or whether to have it later in the week.

Also waiting for my frozen marguerita mix to be ready. I'm about ready to drink it from the bucket  tongue.gif

#21 Mamabear2010

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

My dh is smoking a brisket and a pork roast in the smoker. The brisket is for chilli con carne (probably for dinner tonight) and the pork roast is tomorrow lunch.

I'm making the plum pudding and hard sauce. If I have time and energy, I'll make some mini Florentines.

Not quite 'baking', but I might start making the punch and sugar syrup (for lime spritzers).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.