Christmas Eve 5 min tasks
Because I need the motivation

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TopsyTurvy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

I have to clean the house tonight and CBF, so I am going to take it 5 mins at a time and before I know it I will be done.  (Positive thinking at its best Tounge1.gif )

First task:

Ensuite and bedroom tidy original.gif

#2 Iliketoflounce

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

fold clothes and do dinner that is all it can stay there afew more hours

#3 TopsyTurvy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Done!

Next tidy DS room.

#4 TopsyTurvy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Done!

Empty dishwasher and restack.

#5 TopsyTurvy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

And done!

Next wipe benches and cooktop original.gif

#6 lynneyours

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Are you an alternate personality of PBQ?

wink.gif

#7 *Lib*

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Nah she's doing this list Tounge1.gif

And isnt D old enough to tidy his own room? Tounge1.gif

Edited by *Lib*, 24 December 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#8 katbalou

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

All I can say is Well Done, Topsy Turvy.  I spent a full 2 hours in DS2 and DS3's room yesterday, just so it would be half presentable for grandparents to play with them in it tomorrow.  It really was an awful tip.

Now I only have time for 5 mins for every other job.

#9 TopsyTurvy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Done.

Next clear dining and coffee tables and wipe over.

#10 TopsyTurvy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Haha taking 5 mind to reply to you!  Tounge1.gif

PBQ alter ego.  Ummm no original.gif in fact may stop this just in case I get confused again.  Who I am is someone who sometimes needs to feel accountable to get things done.  So if I say it here and I don't get it done you will all heap ridicule on my head and I shall quiver in the corner feeling very sad Tounge1.gif

I keep the house pretty clean and tidy so it's mostly just surface mess which needs cleaning.

Lib knows the truth.. It's out there Tounge1.gif

Anyway as I was.  I shall refrain from boring you all/wowing you all with my exceptional cleaning skills and leave you to enjoy your Christmas Eve.

Over and out!

#11 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Oh goodie! Thanks OP!

I will be joining in soon after I've finished this cool drink! Just got home from a quick trip to Woolies, but my goodness it's hot out there! (the supermarket was quiet!)

#12 TopsyTurvy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Ahhh bugger it.  I'm still going.  I know who I am and this helps motivate me original.gif plus I am not asking for advice on how to do it and them finding excuses why it can't possibly work Tounge1.gif

Oh and Lib, do you really think D is old enough?  Old enough to trash it maybe, but I think the bed making and clothes straightening is a bit beyond him yet biggrin.gif

Ok next!

Put DS folded clothes away original.gif

Edited by TopsyTurvy, 24 December 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#13 rabbit hyde

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Okay I'm in,

Take all the rubbish out to the bins.

#14 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Ok, I'm off to remake 3 x beds with clean sheets!

#15 rabbit hyde

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

and I'm done,

Now to take all the misc items lying around the lounge and put them back in their place.

#16 rabbit hyde

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Done.

This is fantastic by the way.

I'm going to vacuum the lounge and rug now.

#17 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm back with another cold drink!

Hot here in WA.

Now going to get washing off the line, and clean out the chicken coop!

Will take me awhile I think!

#18 *Lib*

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

The Big D certainly is...maybe not so much the little one Tounge1.gif

#19 Cath42

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (*Lib* @ 24/12/2012, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah she's doing this list Tounge1.gif

roll2.gif

#20 rabbit hyde

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

and I'm back.

I think I'm taking a little more than 5 minutes but I am 38 weeks pregnant and it is really hot here at the moment.

next up - wipe down and dust surfaces.

Then have a cold class of water before I plan my next attack.

#21 TopsyTurvy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Well back finally original.gif

Everything is done and dusted tthumbs.gif tackling the vacuuming and mopping took more than 5 mins so there was no need to include them on the list.

Last chore for the evening:

Wrap the last of DS presents and put them all under the tree original.gif

Goodnight all and a very merry Christmas to you all x

#22 lynneyours

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Merry Christmas! I've just wrapped all pressies, and now to the cleaning.  I'll still be round at, oh, 4am, judging by the destruction.  And 14 people coming tomorrow. YAY.

#23 *Lib*

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

We've built and wrapped a bike, I have eaten the cookies and milk, broken the carrot, now I just have to put out the presents...

Merry Christmas x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.