Boxing Day!
What are you doing today?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

I'm up early (not even 6am here in Perth yet) to beat the heat a bit. We are going away tomorrow, so will spend today packing, washing. cleaning and keeping cool in-between.

The kids will no doubt be well entertained after yesterdays haul, they have already started packing, so it shouldn't take too long at all.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

#2 -*meh*-

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

we have lunch with DP's dad's side of the family...

i should get up and start making stuff soon...

#3 skylark

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

My husband bought me a gift set from Myer, which has the wrong size thongs in it (they are way too big for me, he says he didn't realise thongs came in different sizes), so I am going to have to go and exchange it today. It's exactly the kind of thing they discount heavily on boxing day and then sell out of, and take off the floor, so I have to go today to have any chance of actually swapping them for the right size.

Should be a hellish mission, but at least I know exactly what I'm going in for.

#4 Jenferal

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

i'll be doing housework as I was out yesterday and the previous few days.
Need to weed now the heat has broken for a few days and hubby will be using his new whipper snipper on the long grass/weeds near the fence!

#5 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

our best friends are coming to visit! yay!!!!!

we havent seen them since our wedding in May!!

im so excited  ddance.gif

#6 ~Supernova~

A bit more housework, then as little as possible! Yesterday was stressful and hectic, today will be the opposite!

#7 EsmeLennox

Going on a picnic/swimming with the extended family. I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to it or dreading it. I hate picnics TBH.

#8 Madeline's Mum

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

We're going shopping for a new outdoor setting and cleaning the house.

We didn't have a chance to clean yesterday so when DS woke up and saw his new toys strewn across the lounge room it was like Christmas all over again for him!

#9 unicorn

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

It's pamper day for me, I'm officially old now (40)  so I've started the day with breakfast in bed and we will probably take the younger ones to the park for a couple of hours, but other than that no idea. DH and I had planned an action packed day, I was going parachuting but doctors orders say otherwise sad.gif

#10 KatakaGeoGirl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

xxx

Edited by Katakacpk, 26 December 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#11 dreamingofcats

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

A good family friend and their kids are comming to visit. Mum is here as well.

I am hoping a nap is in there somwehere as bubba had a not so stella sleep last night and mummy feels like she is in a coma.

#12 miinii

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Its my DD's 5th birthday today original.gif We have unwrapped presents and had breakfast. Ill spend my day cleaning after having family over yesterday and then getting ready to have family over again to celebrate her Birthday. Also tending to my sick chick that hatched yesterday sad.gif

#13 Canberra Chick

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Watching cricket, eating leftovers and baking a ham (I do the ham for Boxing Day; there's enough to eat on Christmas Day without a ham too!). DH and I will watch Pretty in Pink later. We watch Its a Wonderful Life on Christmas night and Pretty in Pink on Boxing Day and cry at the end of both!  ph34r.gif blush.gif

#14 Kalota

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

DF is at work again, so I just have the house to myself to clean and catch up on school work for next year! (Yes, I'm a teacher...)

#15 R2B2

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Cleaning, cooking and then possibly going to visit a friend later.

had a massive cleaning bug yesterday, but got distracted because my husband wanted to visit friends, so ill continue with the cleaning bug today!

#16 livvie7586

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Not much  biggrin.gif

Dh has taken DS out to spend his christmas money (he's been patiently paying off skylanders giants with his allowance, and he was lucky enough to get a giftcard with enough on it to pay it off yesterday) and DD and i are currently still in pj's at home (will get dressed soon).  I need to do a bit of tidying around the house as we have visitors coming on saturday, but otherwise i don't plan on doing anything

#17 baddmammajamma

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Happy birthday, unicorn & miinii's daughter! original.gif

I'm having a fab Boxing Day -- cuddled in bed with my kids this morning, went for a power walk, plan on doing nothing stressful today (no visits to the mall, no hosting of relatives I don't like, no work, etc.) & surely there's a root on the horizon.

What's not to love?  wink.gif

#18 GamerMum

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

DF is at work, so DD and I are bumming around the house catching up on cleaning, as I've been working all week, and am for the next week also. I am doing an airport run at 11am to pick up a local lady who's family stayed away longer than she could, and no one else could pick her up.

We also may have a friend come over today to continue with out New Years week of celebrations that we started yesterday. Which will mean a few bourbons, and he'll watch DD while I fold laundry. Tounge1.gif

#19 Guest_~Karla~_*

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

We say goodbye to everyone today. DH has already taken BIL to the airport and his parents need to be there at lunchtime. It's always such a downer for the kids to have the mass exodus on Boxing Day.

#20 Ritaroo

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Kalota @ 26/12/2012, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DF is at work again, so I just have the house to myself to clean and catch up on school work for next year! (Yes, I'm a teacher...)

Noooo, it's too early to even think about school work.

#21 PigNewton

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Put away some stuff this morning...our house is always a bit chaotic on Boxing Day as basically we've only been home to dump things then take off again! This afternoon MIL is watching DS while DH, myself, my parents and brothers go to see The Hobbit, then we go to my parents' house for a Boxing Day BBQ with the addition of DS' godmother and my godparents. After dinner it's games like Fictionary and Balderdash.
A fun day really original.gif

#22 JRA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Sadly we are heading home from the beach today. Friends borrow the house for a week, at the busiest time when it is pretty ugly down here. This is the first time we are nearly regretting it

So Dh and DS have headed to the beach so DS can get some more time in at the surf. I am tidying, packing so when the other family arrive we can have lunch together before we head home. cry1.gif cry1.gif  

But we have had a nice brekky together out on the balcony and we will have a great lunch, and by the time we get home it will be time for the dr who christmas special original.gif

And then tomorrow we have DS's godfather coming for lunch, and his godmother for dinner, so a great day tomorrow

#23 whatnamenow

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

My sister and her BF are arriving in about 4 hours!  Yay!!

In the meantime i have to figure out a way to wash about 3 loads of clothes and a load of MCN without drying them in the smoke filled air as there are grassfires all around today.  Also have to keep an eye on road closures.  yesterday one of the fires cut of the road into town and there is a detour but its about an hour extra if you dont know you need to take it.  Want to keep my sister informed on the drive.

#24 Kalota

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Mar81got @ 26/12/2012, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Noooo, it's too early to even think about school work.

I want to get it all out of the way! Like every year, I feel as though I've got so much to do! Eeeeeep! sad.gif

#25 ChunkyChook

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

After all the chaos yesterday it is very very quiet and lonely here at the moment. Everyone has gone and DD is at her dads.
I am looking forward to doing a really thorough clean, getting rid of the Christmas tree and having the night to myself on the couch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.