Child free...
WWYD?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Unatheowl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

MIL has offered to have the kids sleepover this week so dh and I can have a night off.  Naturally, I'm stunned into indecision and need or think of something quick!  It's going to be either tonight or tomorrow night.  I don't feel like going out to eat for obvious reasons!  Movies are kind of boring.....what would you do if you we're free and alone in Sydney?

#2 Mianta

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Where in Sydney? It all depends as to where you are or where you're willing to go.

We lived in the East and a pub meal and a movie was our choice for a night off. Or a night out with friends?

#3 Madeline's Mum

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Bay Vista in Brighton does a mean dessert. You can have a bite and go for a walk along the beach, it's very pretty along there at night.

What about picking up some take away and eating in the back yard before having a nice hot relaxing bath and going to bed early?

#4 Pssst...

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

How early can you drop the kids off? While there's still daylight? You could do the Bondi to Bronte walk? Grab a gelato or a coffee to take with you, hold hands and make plans for the year ahead. Followed by an early night and a sleep in!

Edited by Pssst..., 26 December 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#5 Unatheowl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Madeline's Mum @ 26/12/2012, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bay Vista in Brighton does a mean dessert. You can have a bite and go for a walk along the beach, it's very pretty along there at night.

What about picking up some take away and eating in the back yard before having a nice hot relaxing bath and going to bed early?

Brighton...is that...south?  I don't feel like going overseas....(lol)

I'm kind of liking the idea of a night at home.  I bought dh a tent for Christmas....perhaps we could camp lol!  Poor neighbours though, they're probably feeling ill enough after Christmas and the fact that we're blocked their development application original.gif

#6 rabbit hyde

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

In the few weeks leading up to the due date - DH and I have been taking advantage of our weekends alone by going to coles - stocking up on supplies, bringing all the blankets and pillows down to the lounge and watching movies.

Usually someone orders Pizza around 8.

It is bliss.

Maybe you guys could go on a walk or a drive?

#7 d├ęsir d'amour

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Any good plays/musicals on you could snaffle last second tickets to?

#8 Expelliarmus

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Go to the theatre! See a play!

#9 Unatheowl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (howdo @ 26/12/2012, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go to the theatre! See a play!

Gosh I haven't done that for years!

#10 Feral Borgia

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

There aren't any movies which interest you? We did this a few weeks ago....gold class, saw the new Bond, took in a bottle of wine...it was great! But if movies really aren't your thing I would go for a stroll around bondi...stop in at a wine bar....go for a drive maybe...northern beaches? Maybe stay at whale beach overnight.....Jonahs or similar ....?

#11 Unatheowl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 26/12/2012, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There aren't any movies which interest you? We did this a few weeks ago....gold class, saw the new Bond, took in a bottle of wine...it was great! But if movies really aren't your thing I would go for a stroll around bondi...stop in at a wine bar....go for a drive maybe...northern beaches? Maybe stay at whale beach overnight.....Jonahs or similar ....?

Hmm, all very interesting.  I love Jonahs -forgot about it.  I also forgot about gold class!

#12 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Is it nice weather there at the moment? What about a night time picnic in your backyard or at a nice park with wine and cheese?

#13 baddmammajamma

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

You are so lucky -- what a wonderful opportunity!

Personally, I'd love to do an afternoon walk (like Bondi to Bronte), followed up by a casual dinner somewhere outside.

We are both big movie buffs, so we'd have no trouble finding something to see. The new James Bond is supposed to be great.

And I guess I'll be the first to overtly suggest this, but damn...if you have the house to yourself, it's time for a lot of sex.

#14 Unatheowl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (baddmammajamma @ 26/12/2012, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I guess I'll be the first to overtly suggest this, but damn...if you have the house to yourself, it's time for a lot of sex.

Hehe, that was the only part that I could actually decide on  blush.gif

Yes, I'm beside myself with excitement at the prospect of no night time wake ups other than those we impose on ourselves!

#15 Unatheowl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (moss @ 26/12/2012, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would do a rock climb or scuba dive first - something that is difficult to do with children. Followed by dinner , drinks and dancing/theatre or movie. Then loud we-don't-need-to-keep-it-down-as-children-are-sleeping sex, a lie-in the next morning and a leisurely breakfast out at a cafe where we can chat and read the papers in peace.

I wish we had family close by....

Good lord...I was considering that pitching the tent was sounding like too much trouble.  Looks like it not going to be tonight as mil had to work. sad.gif   They did say "this week " though so I'm still hopeful....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.