Next direct women's fashion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bearynice

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hi! I have a bit of cash to spend on clothes and was thinking of buying some bits from next direct. I have heard their clothes wash up pretty good and their prices seem good too.
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for women's clothing from there? Any good or bad items?
I'm a stay at home mum, so fairly casual practical stuff I think.
How long does shipping take?

#2 amabanana

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

I've only bought kids clothes but they wash and wear really well.  Usually it takes 5-10 days for them to arrive.
Have fun shopping!

eta  I don't know about women's sizing but I find the kid's clothing is slimmer than sizing here.  Length is the same.  Great for my tall, skinny girls but you might have to go up a size if your kids aren't bean poles.

Edited by amabanana, 26 December 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#3 AMPSyd

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Next direct are awesome. Considering the goods come from the UK shipping is usually 5 days. They don't charge for shipping either. I haven't had to return but they have a Sydney return service - so you don't have to send back to the UK to return.

Sizes - they do put in an Aust equivalent but generally you go up a size - so I am a AUS12 and a UK14.

Tops are great. I also bought some pjs as well. Kids clothes also great. DD has a gorgeous "garden party" dress. DS has some very cute "smiley" pjs. Kids clothes sizes seem to be on par with AUS sizes. DD is a size 8 here and UK size 8 is fine for her.

Lately I am finding that a lot of items are out of stock - but I assume once the Christmas rush is over sizes will become available.

#4 feralisles

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi OP,

I bought a few tops from them and was rather disappointed with the quality.  The fabric was very light weight and didn't hold its shape with washing, so they looked old very quickly.  Also the sizing is huge so if you do order, you may need to go smaller than you normally buy.

The kids wear on the other hand lasted well and seemed to be appropriately sized.

#5 Bearynice

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for the replies. We have some kids things from there which are great. Might just get a couple of basic tops and see what they are like.
It's pretty much target prices ( or cheaper) so I only expect similar quality I guess.
Will give it a go.

#6 IsolaBella

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I purchased a lovely coat.... Only problem was although it or fine around waist and bust it was soooo tight on my arms they felt like sausages and I could not move them.

#7 mmuc83

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

I have bought a couple of dresses from there for work and love them!

#8 Ally'smum

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Their stuff is good cheapish fashion, I have found the sizes can be a bit small so if in doubt go up, they have measurements on the website.

#9 Ally'smum

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Their stuff is good cheapish fashion, I have found the sizes can be a bit small so if in doubt go up, they have measurements on the website.

#10 Daisy Goat

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I found the adult stuff poor material and totally  stuffed on sizes. I got shirts two sizes larger than I would normally and even then when matched up with  clothing here they were smaller.

This kids stuff though is great. Quality and sizing- particularly if you have tall and skinny kids. They do do 3 types of jean sizes though. Tall, wider and standard which is very useful

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.