*warning, a bit gross* but...

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Feral_Pooks

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Does anyone else get angry when their SO does disgusting farts in communal living areas, such that you cannot approach them without feeling you have the taste of human sh*t in your mouth?

DP thinks its hilarious, and is a little baffled about me hurling the child at him and hiding in the spare room.

Jerk.

#2 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

i get more than angry! DH gets whatever objects are within reaching distance thrown at him along with a tirade of abuse!!!!!!!

why are men so feral??!?!

#3 Feral Borgia

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Something about leaving their scent...very primal if you ask me....women don't feel the need to do it! It's disgusting.....already my oldest son has got the whole "pull my finger" gags going......and I am out numbered in this house....sigh...

#4 Unatheowl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

My two yo dd thinks its hilarious to ambush people with farts.  I have no idea where she got that from as dh doesn't do that sort of thing.

#5 Feral Borgia

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Unatheowl @ 26/12/2012, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My two yo dd thinks its hilarious to ambush people with farts.  I have no idea where she got that from as dh doesn't do that sort of thing.

Ah....there goes my theory then lol! There obviously is a school of thought that farts are hilarious....I mean Benny hill is (was? Is he still alive?) a rich man on the strength of all his flatulence hilarity !

#6 Feral_Pooks

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Urgh I fear I will be outnumbered soon by territory marking males, DS already worships DP and he can do no wrong in his eyes.

My eyes, on the other hand, are watering...

#7 Coffeegirl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

DH actually drove the kids and I out of the house this morning, he dropped such a foul odour.

Even DS who was sitting a good 20 feet away was grossed out.  sick.gif

#8 Alpha_Chook

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

My 2.5 year old has the pull-the-finger jokes already

#9 Unatheowl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 26/12/2012, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah....there goes my theory then lol! There obviously is a school of thought that farts are hilarious....I mean Benny hill is (was? Is he still alive?) a rich man on the strength of all his flatulence hilarity !

I think there is an inherent funniness.  You can unlearn this funniness, as pooks is doing right now.  Innocent dd has not experienced the sort of fart described in the op so it's all giggles ATM.

#10 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

haha one of my friends calls it the "fart and dart" when someone does a really SBD fart but then runs away....

#11 Oriental lily

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

After all the rich food yesterday all the bowels in our house sound like the wind section in a orchestra!

However we do tend to keep to toilets and private areas.

Except the two year old and four year old.

It's hilarious to them!

#12 Feral Borgia

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (MrsDamonSalvatore @ 26/12/2012, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha one of my friends calls it the "fart and dart" when someone does a really SBD fart but then runs away....

When DH and I started dating (centuries ago) when we were in the car he used to always pull the old "can you smell petrol?" .....it is almost an involuntary reflex to sniff when someone asks you that! Got me every time....

#13 unicorn

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 26/12/2012, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When DH and I started dating (centuries ago) when we were in the car he used to always pull the old "can you smell petrol?" .....it is almost an involuntary reflex to sniff when someone asks you that! Got me every time....

DH does that with the kids too.

He usually saves his stink bombs for the car or the bedroom  sick.gif

#14 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Right about now I am very thankful that DF's do not smell at ALL.

Unless he is sick. It's kind of how I can tell he is sick.

DSDs are only just now learning not to pull his finger hehehe Though DSD7 STILL thinks it's hilarious.

#15 nano-tyrannus

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-24/an-j...erpants/4442212

The link that keeps on linking: Japan's 'flatulence-absorbing' underpants to go global

#16 Holidayromp

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

I don't have a problem with them....just a normal bodily function...
but what I do hate is people farting at meal times.  It is disgusting...I don't care that it is better out that in....better for you but horrible for everyone else.

#17 Tobias'smum

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

my elegant oh so perfect SIL taught ds to lift his leg to fart  -hes 22 months - oh and pick his nose ( all i can say is i cant wait til she has kids payback original.gif)

#18 Ducky*Fuzz

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Everyone does it here.  Whoever dealt it usually gets it fanned back in their direction with a cushion.  We do however excuse ourselves.

#19 Feral_Pooks

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

He drops absolute rotten eggers, layer upon layer, says nothing and then when I walk into the "zone" just sits there innocently.

Sick, sick b*st*rd.

#20 Cat People

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Ground for divorce Pooks.

#21 Feral_Pooks

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Haven't even married the bugger yet.

He reckons he'll really, really let go if we do.

I hope they never start emissions taxing individuals or we are in trouble.

#22 steppy

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Thank God my partner never taught his kids the pull the finger gag.

#23 lozoodle

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Im not the best person to answer this. I just did similar and then sent dp into that room on purpose for fun biggrin.gif

#24 SCARFACE CLAW

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I'm of the opinion that farts are hilarious, and it's a free for all in this house. If you can't beat 'em OP, join 'em biggrin.gif

#25 Paddlepop

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

In our household I'm the one who has taught DD the pull the finger trick. ph34r.gif She thinks that it is hilarious.

When we catch her doing a fart and ask her if she just did one she will cackle with absolute glee. In our house farts are funny.

I grew up with a dad and 2 older brothers who could produce some truly hideous odours. The sort that could and did clear a room. That was gross. At least in my own little family (DH and DD) we have the courtesy to warn each other if there is a need to avoid entering a room.  

As I type this DH is changing DD's dirty nappy. I'm so glad that I still don't have all of my smell back yet after having a bad cold!  laughing2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.