Fried Rice Recipe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CharliMarley

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Now I know that I can keep my prawns for months, I would like a nice recipe for fried rice to go with the prawns. Anyone?

#2 jayskette

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

no recipe - everything in mine is "add to taste" lol

hint - use 2 day old rice and seasme oil.

#3 Jenferal

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Soy sauce
garlic powder(better than fresh in my mind at least)
sesame oil
everything in the fridge and day old rice.
oh those thin chinese pork sausages you buy in the supermarket are good too, cut really small and cooked nice and crispy.

#4 mill85

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

We use Kylie kwongs recipe it's yum, you might have to google the recipe though as I don't know how to link.

#5 CharliMarley

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I will do that, as I have never cooked fried rice and I didn't know if you boiled it first, but you apparently do.  wacko.gif

#6 jayskette

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

does this help?

1) use left over rice or cook rice in rice cooker 1-2 days before.
2) prepare and finely chop your add ons  - mine typically include Chinese sausages, corn, peas, diced ham/Spam, prawns.
3) whisk 2-3 eggs set aside
4) oil a deep frying pan or wok until very hot. This oil can be sesame or plain vegetable. Add the add ons and fry quickly say for 2minutes.
5) add rice, soy sauce to taste, the whisked eggs, seasme oil to taste, salt/pepper/ginger/pepper whatever and stir the hell out of the mixture until the egg is evenly distributed and the rice is JUST ABOUT to get a bit burnt.

#7 Jenferal

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

or buy it ready cooked from the food court or supermarket.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.