Running Skirts ("skorts")
anyone recommend?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Silvermist~

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hi there fellow runners!

I am needing to buy new running tights and and considering trying a running skirt.  Has anyone worn one before?  I am doing a full marathon in January so would wear it when running that. I am a fan of compression tights and wear full length tights in cooler weather and hate regular shorts because they tend to ride up and I get self conscious.

Thank you! original.gif

#2 TPS

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

I think SkirtSports has quite a few (skirtsports.com.au), but I favour the Excel shorts from Lorna Jane - they are shorts with in built bike shorts (http://www.lornajane.../LJ-Excel-Short). I've worn them for 20km runs and they've been good.

I guess follow the usual advice and don't try anything new on the day, so if you're gonna do it get them now and try them on a few long runs to ensure they're comfortable before race day.

#3 Pompol

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

I bought one at rebel sports (I think? One of those big chains anyway) late last year. The sales lady recommended I get a netball skort, which I did (literally netball - it has he netball Australia logo on the front). I loved the idea of the practicality of the tights + vanity of the overskirt and the skort she recommended was only about $30. "All the runners love these". Ha!

Tbh - I hate it. The tights ride up and I find it very uncomfortable. No way could I do any decent distance in it. I am not sure if its just the particular one I bought, or even the sizing, but it did feel right in the store - it's once I get running I have problems.  Very disappointing.  If I didn't live 5 hours away from the store, id return it.

So, there's a recommendation for what NOT to do original.gif hopefully someone can give you some more positive advice and I can try something else too original.gif

#4 YandiGirl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I love the skirtsports marathon girl. No shorties to ride up. I won't wear anything else.

#5 LittleDCJ

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Skirtsports have a sale on at the moment to clear out old stock.

I love my running skirts and have 2 different styles from Lululemon.  I find them really comfortable to run in the they look great.  Both of mine have in-built shorts underneath.  I've tried the Lorna Jane skorts on but didn't like how they felt.

#6 CupOfCoffee

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Do skirt sports run big or small?  

I am a normal 16 (the lotta breeze capri are cheap at the moment, but only have a large, which they say is 14-16...) I just want to make sure they run normal sizing.

Quick edit: I bought two pairs and will see how they go, (I had been looking at these for a while after hearing good things).

Edited by CupOfCoffee, 28 December 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#7 ~flaxen~

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Skirtsports GymGirl Ultra! Doesn't ride up at all.

#8 CupOfCoffee

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

After receiving my skirtsports (I get the capri length) and they are brilliant.  And the service from skirtsports was awesome.

They are so comfortable (and really cool features, like the pocket for the ipod and little hole for the earphones).

#9 Silvermist~

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for all your replies!  i just bought some new compression tights today for the marathon and I think I'll check out the skirtsports... seeing as the marathon is in a week I'll stick to what I'm used to and try a skirt for the next event!

#10 9minutes

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

I have a SkirtSports Kick Start skirt which I love - it's a size M which would be pretty much a size 12 (pity I'm not a 12 any more!).  The tights stay put really well, much better than any others that I have.
But, even better still is my running dress - which I wear over short or longer tights - it's so comfy, depending on the weather. It's so comfy and has a really handy little pocket in what they call "cleavage alley".  Also from Skirtsports and highly recommended.

#11 Nine.years

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Another mention for SkirtSports!  I like running in mine much more than anything else.

#12 gasgirl

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

if you are nearby, Skirtsports usually have a stall at most of the major triathlons and running festival. Its tri season at the moment, i saw them selling in Cairns and then a few weeks ago in Canberra.
I only have bike (spin) shorts but they ran true to size.

#13 CupOfCoffee

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Because I love my skirtsports so much, I have ordered some of the Nike Skapris from Wiggle in the UK (spend over $82 (about) and get free shipping.

I hope they are as good as skirtsports (they are cheaper which is why I am trying them).

#14 Jupiter

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Those Skapris look great. I'm ordering the dark plum.
Thanks for the tip. original.gif

#15 CupOfCoffee

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Jupiter @ 17/02/2013, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those Skapris look great. I'm ordering the dark plum.
Thanks for the tip. original.gif

I hope they are good.  I got a black/red pair and a black pair.

They shipped quickly, they might get here this week.

#16 Amy 1976

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

I have a 2XU running skirt. It's a short skirt made of some sort of stay cool fabric and it has built in undies in a nice stretchy breathable fabric.

Super comfortable to run in but quite short so a bit cheeky looking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.