Have you hosted a NYE party?
Need ideas ....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sophie222

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

I'm hosting a NYE party at my house for the first time just wondering if anyone had some cool ideas or fun things you have done in the past! I don't want it to be boring! TIA

#2 madmother

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

The best parties are those that evolve naturally. I have hosted many, our latest party was nearly 80 people for Halloween.

Whilst we have organised entertainment and such other times, the most enjoyable are those with people chatting, kids playing and new and old friends together.

#3 Coffeegirl

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

We had a smallish one last year with 6 adults and 5 kids.

Singstar and Karaoke were big hits.  We had sparklers for the kids.  One of the other mums bought lots of different sunglasses with 2012 on them from the reject shop.

Plus the slushie machine makes a mean marguarita.  Just remember not to mix the batches up  cool.gif

#4 Mianta

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Many times. biggrin.gif This is the first year that we won't really be hosting a big one and we know the grand total of 3 people in this town lol

Great music, if you have Foxtel, Music Max is usually great for New Years, otherwise, an iPod dock and your music collection downloaded on it, is your friend. My dh used to download our music onto a computer and play it attached to some speakers, before we got our Apple accessories.

We usually make cocktails for NYE. This year we will be having mango daiquiris and Midori Illusions. We also like a bottle of champagne on hand for the countdown to NYE. If your friends are interested in cocktails, maybe you can all chuck in for the alcohol for cocktails together.

We do a simple BBQ. Homemade rissoles, sausages, chicken nibblies, bread rolls and potato salad are always winners. Plus people will eat the leftovers (if any) later on in the night when they get the alcohol fueled munchies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.