Period Question?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chipsandwich

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hi I have always been regular all my life like clock work, always been heavy and periods have lasted 4-5 days.  

But the last or so 7 months I have been so light and it has only lasted 2 days and then sometimes a light bleed again around the 14 day mark.  Sometimes my period might only last one day.  

I am 31 do you think it could be early menopausal?  Before the changes - sorry tmi when I would poo I would end up blending from my vagina from the pushing.  I got it checked and the nurse could see a bit of rupture or something but didn't follow it up - that was happening for a few months too but has not stopped but my period is almost non existent compared to what it always is like. I have had a pap as well - all good there.

Keep thinking menopausal because my face is getting a little hairy??  I have been really moody too.  My husband thinks it could be stress related as 2 close family members are ill atm.  Just so odd from always being so heavy all my life to barely anything - not pregnant - at the beginning I took a pregnancy test when it all started to change.

WDYT? Can people list any medical causes of what it could be - polops etc?  I'm thinking about going for a MRI or something...

#2 Fienna

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

I don't know but think you should see a GP and describe what is happening and ask them to request some tests to see what's going on. I daresay they could check hormone levels etc. to see if anything is different to normal/menopausal.

#3 BeYOUtiful

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Are you positive the bleeding wasn't from the rear with bowel movements?
Either way I would get both checked out.  Hopefully it is nothing sinister original.gif

#4 chipsandwich

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Very positive it was the front - it happened a fair bit so I got it checked out.  My moods have been really high then extremely down - my husband seriously was thinking the other day I could be bipolar - very irritable atm - was thinking menopausal with the moods and period changes…  will def go back to the dr it's always in the back of my head.  Just wondering if anyone else has been through it.

#5 snuffles

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

See your GP.  But do ask for a blood test that includes thyroid levels.  Light periods were one of the first symptoms I had of overactive thyroid.

#6 chipsandwich

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Thanks guys

Happy New Years!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.