What do you wear everyday?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 3mummy3

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

I am sick of looking like a daggy frumpy old hag in my too long, saggy assed jeans that i wear almost every single day of the year with  a few rotating equally unflattering tops and a pair of short black flat boots. Even in summer i spend most of my time in these jeans, tops and boots. The only other shoes i own are a pair of purple thongs and a pair of black and pink nikes. I have no fashion sense whatsoever so thought id ask what people on eb wear for everyday wear so i might get a clue!
I am size 16 so i guess that limits things a bit. I am also breastfeeding so i need to wear clothes with access!!!
So yeah, what do all you eb'ers wear?

Edited by 3mummy3, 27 December 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#2 -*meh*-

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

in warm weather i wear:

just below knee length denim shorts (they probably should be normal shorts but i am short!) or my dress shorts for work.

Any range of tops, usually something from jay jays for casual and a few nicer tops for work.

I also have a couple dresses but i don't wear them often.

#3 R2B2

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

I am in the same boat. i'm a fat frumpy housewife type dresser.
just went out and got some new threads biggrin.gif got a couple of cute dresses and some jeans and nice tops original.gif

#4 Canberra Chick

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

It varies. At work i am quite formal, but im on holidays just now. Today I'm wearing a long white linen skirt and a pinky purple fitted tee. Yesterday I wore black linen 3/4 pants and a long sleeveless top with a feather pattern print. Tomorrow I might wear my 50's style dress with the black bird pattern. I am not a fan of jeans even in cold weather. In late autumn to early spring I'm more likely to wear thick tights and a tunic/dress with flat boots when I'm not at work.
My fail safe summer casual outfit is a drill cotton skirt with a bright coloured fitted v neck tee. Worn with slides, not thongs.

#5 Feral Alpacas

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

OP I could have written your post, except in warmer weather I swap jeans for knee length denim shirts, and on my feet I wear either ballet flats or sketchers. I'm a dag but being a size 16-18 makes it hard to find nice clothes. I'm too big for fashionable clothes but too small for big girls shops.

#6 JuliaD

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

In summer I wear dresses constantly.
I just find it is so easy to slip on a dress - you don't need to think about what top goes with what pants and you are guaranteed to look great. If you go for a jersey type material, you don't even need to worry about ironing.
Team your dress with a nice pair of flat sandals for casual, or dress it up with a pair of heels.
wrap dresses are perfect for breastfeeding, and are really flattering.

How about something like this?

#7 ChunkyChook

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Warm weather - cotton light weight strapless dress with havies, 3/4 skinny jeans, batwing top & havies
Cooler weather - Skinny leg jeans, Target top & ballet flats.

#8 Kay1

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

I am BFing too. My staple outfit is a singlet with a flowy top over the top (stretchy necklines for boob access), a long scarf if cooler and a short cardi if needed...either jeans or three quarter jeans/pants or a black skirt on bottom. I have a few nice pairs of sparkly thongs and ballet flats, or if going to the park, Birkenstocks.

I have a selection of long necklaces which I find make it look as if I put some effort in but usually didn't LOL!

#9 *Ker*

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

The first thing you need is a decent fitting pair of jeans! I buy Jeans West jeans, because they fit me best. And they're not too pricey. I've bought a lot of cheap, plain T-shirts (big W were only $4 and Target) for summer. I have a couple of pairs of boardies and 2 pairs of cut offs. 1 pair of good black (almost knee length) shorts I also have a few summer dresses and skirts (none over $30) and a couple of singlet tops. I also have a few ($30 and under) nice tops to wear with the skirts and cut offs.

Shoes I have 2 pairs of slides (nike, $25) thongs, clogs and 3 pairs of sandals, besides my sneakers.

The only new thing I have bought this year is 4 t shirts, 1 pair boardies, one skirt, one nice top and one pair of sandals. Most of my stuff has lasted a good couple of years.

My sister is about a size 16 or so and she shops at City Chic. They're mid range price, but you could check them out?

#10 Madeline's Mum

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

JuliaD I love that green dress! Definitely getting one for casual Fridays.

I wear a lot of stuff from ASOS, midi length dresses to work with a big bold necklace. Or a high wasted skirt with short sleeve casual blouse. On a weekend ill wear above the knee denim shorts and a gap Tshirt if its a home day or a flowy pretty top or singlet if I'm going out. I also wear a lot of maxi dresses or maxi skirts with cute tops, these are a staple.

#11 dessy123

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

First of all being size 16 isn't a big deal, I'm size 16 tops and 18 bottoms and I shop in main stream shops no problem: -) I too wear jeans alot but like a pp suggested you just need the right fit. My current have pair was bought from target. I wear apretty flowy top with them as I learnt long ago clingy tops do nothing for me Haha.with jeans I will wear ballet flats or sandals/ thongs. I buy tops from jeans west, k mart, target etc.I don't spend a lot cause there is no need too. I also wear maximum dresses, skirts that finish just below the knee and 3/4 pants etc. The beauty of fashion these days is a lot of the tops are loose fitting: -)

#12 noonehere

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

im a size size 18-20 and i wear a mix of maxi dresses, jeans and kaftan style tops, knee length dress with either leggings and/or little sort sleeve cropped jacket.
shoes are thongs, sandles or ballet style slippers. my current favouret is targets bright blue $15 blallet flats.

im a size size 18-20 and i wear a mix of maxi dresses, jeans and kaftan style tops, knee length dress with either leggings and/or little sort sleeve cropped jacket.
shoes are thongs, sandles or ballet style slippers. my current favouret is targets bright blue $15 blallet flats.

#13 Maple Leaf

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

I don't wear jeans at all in the summer.

I live in skirts and try to add in some colour with my top, plus sandals.

#14 vanessa71

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't wear the same thing everyday. What I wear depends on where I am going/what I am doing.

I wear jeans when it's appropriate to wear them and I wear a mixture of skirts, pants or dresses at other times. The labels I favour are, Leona Edmiston, Veronika Maine, Boden, David Lawrence and I love Mix Apparel by Coles for casual wear.

#15 sammyv

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

On holiday at the moment so wearing casual clothes.

Today I have tan knee length shorts, a charcoal tshirt which has a detail around the neck and tan ballet flat that have a red toecap - used my red handbag today.

Yesterday - straight jean rolled to 7/8 (ankle bashers) with a light gold tshirt, gold chunky necklace, copper cuff bracklet, and same shoes and bag as today.

Christmas Day - at home with only our family, black knee length shorts, jade green blouse, green ballet flats, white enamel  cuff with green pattern.

#16 José

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

I often wear metallic skirts.  Super comfy and they don't need ironing.

#17 ~Supernova~

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I wear trackie dacks, covered in puke, vegemite, and random crap. When I leave the house I change puke stained pants for jeans and a tee, which quickly become covered in random crap too Tounge1.gif

*sigh* one day I will return to the fashionista I once was.

#18 cinnabubble

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Casual: Jeans, black top, black shoes.
Work: black pants, black top, black shoes.

Simple.

#19 angelinaballerina

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I used to be a size 14-16. I wear similar clothes to what I wear now at a size 10-12. I am also breastfeeding.

I find that tops from kookai fit whatever your size because they stretch so much. I have about 6 in different colours. The arms just come down when I want to feed dd. I tema that tucked into a high waisted skirt.

If I want more casual, I wear fitted denim shorts that end just above the knee with a bf singlet and a flowy button up shirt over the top - sheer in different colours. Usually from dotti or cotton on or country road if I want to spend more.

Dresses I tend to go for a cross over dress in a jersey material or a strapless so I can feed. And just add a short sleeves cardi over the top.

Shoes I wear flat sandals from Wittner or Zu. There are some really pretty ones out there. I also like heels so wear wedges or nude stilettos depending on the occasion.

I do also wear havis when I'm bumming around or doing school drop offs.

#20 sarah_jane

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

I don't wear anything 'everyday' and that's probably the point of your post- you're bored with doing just that original.gif

Casually I wear a lot of city chic, retro inspired type dresses.

I usually wear wedges

For work I am less casual, black skirt or pants, nice blouse or a plain top and cute cardigan. Jacket if I need to go to court. Usually heels.

#21 jo-v

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Summer - Black short shorts and a kmart t shirt with havianas or little summery dresses.

Winter - jeans and a kmart t shirt and hoodie.

Love my billabong shorts but they're now annoyingly too big and have had several near misses where DD has grabbed at me and almost pulled them down in public. Need to buy a belt.

#22 Silvergirl12

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I tend to wear a lot of the same stuff (I live in maxi dresses, harem pants and singlets, straight, below the knee stretchy-type skirts and fitted t shirts) however I have lots of nice jewelled/strappy sandals, always have my toenails painted (in summer) and wear lots of different accessories which all tend to dress up an otherwise very plain outfit. I refuse to morph into a daggy housewife!!!

#23 rabbit hyde

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I usually wear either

a) jeans with ballet flats or high tops and a t shirt and cardigan
b) Cardigan and t shirt tucked into an a line or full circle skirt with stocking and ballet flats
c) Cardigan with dress and stockings and flats.

I think it's just about figuring out what works for your style and body type.  

I'm a hobbit (5'1) and I have skinny legs but bingo wing arms and I don't have a very defined neck or jawline but I do have a pretty decent rack (sorry)  So I tend to keep hemlines above the knee to play off the legs but not swamp my height and whilst I always have my arms covered I wear quite open necked tops to draw attention away from my chin(s)

Maybe just start off with basics and play around with accessories first?  I think a persons sense of style takes a while to define - it has to suit your budget and lifestyle.

#24 Peridot

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I usually wear 3/4 black tights, a singlet and a nice top.

I also wear perfume every day, sometimes I re spray during the day too! Surprisingly, I feel much less frumpy when wearing perfume happy.gif

#25 Pearson

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (3mummy3 @ 27/12/2012, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sick of looking like a daggy frumpy old hag in my too long, saggy assed jeans that i wear almost every single day of the year with  a few rotating equally unflattering tops and a pair of short black flat boots. Even in summer i spend most of my time in these jeans, tops and boots. The only other shoes i own are a pair of purple thongs and a pair of black and pink nikes. I have no fashion sense whatsoever so thought id ask what people on eb wear for everyday wear so i might get a clue!
I am size 16 so i guess that limits things a bit. I am also breastfeeding so i need to wear clothes with access!!!
So yeah, what do all you eb'ers wear?

Katies have some really nice clothes, and are on sale atm, so they are cheap too!  Their sizing is up to a 20.  I am a 14-16.  Target also has some nice stuff as well - depends what you are looking for really....

this is nice - and the piccie has a nice outfit idea for you - does not require ironing.

or this - dont be bothered by the large amt of makeup the model has on

or this

then they have some great bottoms on sale too

dresses

Cross roads have some inexpensive comfortable get around clothes too, you have to be choosy, but they have it, including pull on "jeggings" that are just like the katies ultimate range.

Generally, when not at work, I wear shorts and a shirt. I have t-shirts, tighter, looser, a couple of singlets with bolero cardis.  I do prefer a little hippy look shirt too, it can be a little forgiving of not ironing too!  I wear sandals or ballet flats.  I have also been known to wear maxi skirts and pull on dresses. I do have 2 pairs of 3/4 pants as well, but tighter ones, but they are not my go to clothes.

In winter, I wear tunics and tights with ballet flats or boots, or jeans.

seriously - if you can, now is the time to buy clothes, while they are on sale

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.