My dad's just gone to the ER.
Please occupy me while I wait for news.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

my 80yr old Dad has just been taken to ER with swollen arms, excessive burping and my brother who took him said he is also very red in the face.

Some years ago dad was complaining of feeling unwell with an upset stomach turned out  it was a minor heart attack and he had to have some blockage cleared. I'm petrified its his heart again.

So while I sit at home panicking waiting please occupy my mind.

#2 Riotproof

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Twilight zone, how scary! I hope it's nothing serious.

How to occupy you? I just made some little chicken pies to have tomorrow night. They are very moreishm, I'm scared dh might wake up and scoff the lt.

#3 muminbusiness

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm sorry to hear that:( are you close to the hospital? I can stay here with you while you wait:) what did you get up to today?

#4 meljbau

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

I hope it's something minor and not his heart and that your dad is home soon. Thinking of you, OP.

#5 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm about 40mins from hospital but he is still waiting to be assessed so  Im waiting at home until I know more.

Today I've done a bit of washing and not much else - too hot.

Chicken pies sound nice  I'm too lasy to make things like that. I'm currently making chicken pasta with a tomato sauce - like bolagnse but with chunks of chicken instead of mince.

#6 hey baby

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Big hugs. I know how hard it is to be waiting at home. I hope he's ok.

#7 muminbusiness

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (~*Twilight~Zone*~ @ 30/12/2012, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm about 40mins from hospital but he is still waiting to be assessed so  Im waiting at home until I know more.

Today I've done a bit of washing and not much else - too hot.

Chicken pies sound nice  I'm too lasy to make things like that. I'm currently making chicken pasta with a tomato sauce - like bolagnse but with chunks of chicken instead of mince.

Are you in Perth to? The heat is horrid right now! Yum chicken pasta do you make your tomato sauce?

#8 JuniPooks_

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Want some fluffy videos to watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P785j15Tzk

Hope things are ok, OP.

#9 Riotproof

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

They were a bit if a pita, but they do taste yummy.

Other than that, I'm just watching Gilmore Girls. Do you have a tv show that you can just watch over and over?

#10 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Yeah in Perth. The bonus with the heat is the washing dries really quickly.

You can hang it out and its dry when you put the next load out.

#11 Green Door

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

My dad had some like that a few weeks back, it was he had not had enough to drink

#12 baddmammajamma

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

TZ:

I hope your dad is feeling better soon & makes a full recovery.

#13 Therese

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I hope your dad is ok.

#14 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Green Door @ 30/12/2012, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My dad had some like that a few weeks back, it was he had not had enough to drink

I'm hoping its the heat. Mum and dad have no A/C so I actually thought mum would suffer from the heat as she isn't very well. She has Alzheimer's, diabetes, kidney and heart problems.

#15 imamumto3

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

is it possible that your dad was taking extra care of your mum during the heat and forgot to keep his fluids up?

#16 epl0822

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

*hug*

#17 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Just told that he only has gone through and still waiting to be assessed so they can't think it too serious.

My brother also told me that dad was using the blower vac today so I'm thinking its from too much heat.

#18 monkeys mum

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Fingers crossed it is something minor.

Hopefully hes home in his own bed before the sun rises.

#19 Degas007

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

I hope it is the heat. I am also in Perth, and the heat has been absolutely brutal.  And I love the heat!  

How have you been staying cool?

#20 hey baby

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

How is your father? I hope he is ok. xxx

#21 Ireckon

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Just checking in this morning to see if you have had any news. Hoping it is good, not bad

#22 Holidayromp

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hope everything is okay original.gif

#23 Swarley

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hope your Dad is okay TZ <3

#24 Therese

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

How are things this morning TZ ?

#25 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

7.45am in WA and still no news. I rang the hospital but they wouldn't tell me anything as he didn't list me as next of kin - put down mum and my sister. Normally he would put me but I think mum must of helped him with the info and told him to put her down.

Mum rang about 10pm but still no answers as they were waiting on test results. She's going to ring again this morning and let me know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.