Compliance (Movie)
WTF!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mille-Mille

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Anyone seen this movie?
I'm watching it now and it is incredibly difficult to watch, i'm not sure i'll make it to the end.  It's pretty full on and a true story apparently.  It has caused some controversy at film festivals where people have walked out, so i'm curious to hear your opinions.  Do you think it is making entertainment out of violence against women?  I'm not sure what I think, but it is disturbing that's for sure.

#2 Mille-Mille

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Maybe the movie is too new for many to have seen it,  i'll wait awhile for opinions then original.gif

#3 lilwonder

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

I just looked up some info on it based on your post - no way I could watch it by the sounds of things!

#4 Tree Sage

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Havent seen it and just googled it. Was thinking how much it sounded like the Stanford experiment as I read it, then discovered its based on a true story. "The strip search prank call scam". Scarey to think that some people can so blindly be led.
Not sure if I will bother watching the movie. I think I would have trouble accepting that someone would follow instructions over the phone so easily. Would very likely annoy me to no end.

#5 Leah Maree

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

i started watching it but never made it to the end

#6 Mille-Mille

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

I watched it to the end, and it just annoyed me really.  Why why why would you just blindly follow those kinds of instructions???
Boggles my mind, and it happened many times. Crazy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.