Give me your best potato salad dressing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jill1972

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

I usually use Paul Newmans ranch dressing, but my sister did a wholegrain mustard & sour cream one which was so nice.  I can't contact her to get the recipe.  Do any of you have a similar recipe or a recipe you swear by?  I love a good potato salad!

#2 vegiepatch

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

I make this Karen Martini one.

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food/recipes...-egg-and-bacon/

#3 Jenflea

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

My MiL did a really good one at Christmas, it was sour cream and mayo with crispy bits of bacon in the salad. Delicious!

#4 Camizebra

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Not a recipe per se, just a bung together type affair.  Greek yoghurt, whole egg mayo plus a bunch of seasonings to taste like ground pepper, mustard, finely chopped cornichons or dill gherkins, little pinch of fennel and celery seeds.

#5 MrsMuffin

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Whole egg mayo, sour cream (a little more sour cream than mayo), seeded mustard, shallots and fried bacon - quantities to taste! more dressing though the better in my eyes  original.gif

#6 OneProudMum

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

I mix my homemade mayonnaise with some ranch dressing.

#7 iwanttosleepin

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

made a beautiful one the other day.
cook potatoes in their skins and peel off while still quite warm.
mix in some fried bacon and onion. salt and pepper
pour over a small amount of olive oil and white wine vinegar
then some hot, fairly strong stock.
sprinkle over some parsley
leave to sit for an hour or so
This is a more traditional german recipe (taught to me by my german friend)

#8 jill1972

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Oh yum, thanks ladies!

#9 Frankly my Dear

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I use this recipe often, everyone seems to love it. It's not creamy but so yum and so fresh for summer.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/everyda...cipe/index.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.