graves disease

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 soontob6

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

So, I was diagnosed by my gp with Graves Disease about a month ago. was put on neo-mercazole as a low dose (1 tab 3 times a day) so I could have time to wean my now 11 mo.  I went and had a blood test last thursday and go back to dr this wednesday.
I remember the gp saying she will test my kidney and liver function as well as my thyroid hormone levels each time to make sure theres no difference.  I had a lot to process on this visit so didn't think too much more about how the liver and kidney are even affected?
Anyway, the drs surgery called me this morning to say there is a note from the dr to call me and make sure I am still coming for my follow up appointment on wednesday.
I said yes, why, and the nurse said there were some small abnormalities with my chemical blood test.  I told her my history and asked if it had to do with my thyroid and she said no there is a small abnormality with the enzymes in my liver????
Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?
I'm meant to be trying to de stress and I know that this condition can cause anxiety but it's abit hard when the drs call and say this sort of thing.  I've been quite anxious since being diagnosed, have had sinus pain and lymph nodes up under my jaw and behind my ear, and have a funny nervy feeling down the inside of my left arm, which I've had on and off when I have bf my last two babies.  I had a scan done of my left breast 2 yrs ago when I went to the dr concerned and it came back clear.
I've noticed more since I've been weaning bub so I don't know if it's coming from my breast or across my shoulders as I've had alot of tension with my health and my dad being diagnosed with luekemia a week after I was diagnosed with Graves.
sorry I know I'm rambling, it's just very hard when I don't know anyone in rl with Graves to talk to and every time I try to pm someone on here it won't work for me for some reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.