Dealing with PMS/PMDD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WYSIWYG

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

I hate the person I become when I am PMSing. I turn into a pathetic emotional mess, and I can't keep doing this to myself and my family any longer.

I am on the pill, and usually it helps with PMS, but at the moment it doesn't seem to matter.

Is there anything I can do or take that will help with PMS? Please please please tell me there is something!

Edited by RunawayPrincess, 31 December 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#2 je m'en vais

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Have you looked into PMDD? It's awful :-(

#3 WYSIWYG

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (hey baby @ 31/12/2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd never heard of it before, but just reading about it has me in tears because its exactly what I am experiencing. It is so intense. Thank you for mentioning it!

#4 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (hey baby @ 31/12/2012, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had PMDD and found the pill turned me into a complete psychopath instead of a "that time of the month" psychopath.

Have you tried any herbal supplements to help? Apparently Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin B6 or Magnesium are all supposed to help alleviate the symptoms of PMS.

However, if it's severe like PMDD apparently the OCP pill Yas is supposed to be the best for dealing with PMDD.

One of my friends who also has PMDD had to be prescribed an antidepressant in combination with her OCP to deal with it.

It is an awful thing to have to experience and I hope you find a solution. Good luck!

#5 WYSIWYG

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Sunnycat what did you do to help your PMDD?

I get psychopathic and it makes me start thinking my children and DF would be better off without me and stuff (due to the fact I have sociopathic parents, I don't want to be anything like them sad.gif). I get so snappy and moody when usually I am (I believe) quite easy going. I got quite annoyed at DF yesterday because he wants to start collecting watches - talk about me being unreasonable! Today I was a complete emotional wreck because of something that is quite irrational, and now I feel even worse because I've wrecked DFs day, as well as mine.

And I can't control it. I tell myself all the time that I won't get like it, but I just can't control it. I just don't want to be like this anymore!

Last night, after dinner, I ate nearly a whole bag of chips, 8 forreros, a Freddo frog (the big ones) and I munched on other things too. DF mentioned this morning that its  not like me. He is right it's not like me to binge. Last cycle I ate nearly 2 bags of skittles in 2 days! Again with the bingeing.

Edited by RunawayPrincess, 31 December 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#6 Ruby Gloom

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

I have PMDD. I'm on a pill now that I tolerate really we'll (Qlaira). I'm on it so I hopefully won't ovulate and therefore have the hormonal surge that causes the PMDD. I've heard of ADs working well for it as well

#7 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

I have PMDD and suffered for years, trying Evening Primrose, diet changes, vit B supplements. None of it helped me. I now take a very low dose of an SSRI antidepressant which has completely changed my life. The improvement in my mood for the two weeks from ovulation to my period starting has been amazing. Yoga and running, especially in the lead up to menstruating, also help greatly- it wasn't enough on it's own, but combined with the AD, it's worked wonders for me.

This is the program I watched which finally connected the dots for me and which lead me to approaching my GP about a low dose AD:

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3251902.htm

Oh, and I CANNOT take the pill- it completely faaarks with my head.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.