Breezair Air Con settings
Trying to work out if my air con working properly!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Stronger

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hi All
Just wanting to hear from anyone with a Breezair or Braemar Evaporative ducted air con.

In this heat today and the past few days, how high have you had yours on (ie the number of bars on controller display?).

Also, do you use manual or Auto setting?

I am trying to work out if ours is working properly or not...I have had ours on 4-6 bars most days and it is definitely cooler inside than outside but air coming out doesn't feel very cool.

I know that evaps are different to refrigerated air cons etc, etc - and me and my family actually prefer evap air con hence the reason we have it...so please nobody tell me evaps are crap etc - I am just trying to work out if my air con is working properly or not!

Many thanks! original.gif

#2 YandiGirl

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I have refrigerated so can offer no practical assistance, but I think everything is struggling in this effing heat.........

#3 shelly1

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

We have a Breezair .

Do you have it set to VENT or COOL? VENT is just air from outside (which it sounds like you have it set to) and COOL is the air from outside but cooled down (not very descriptive I know LOL). I figure the temps you have been having you would definately need cool on to feel the difference

#4 *cough*

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Also does anyone know off the top of their head how much aircons are supposed to reduce the temp? I'm pretty sure at best it's only 10 degrees or something so if its 42 degrees like today - then at best your house will be 32 inside.

#5 Stronger

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yep definitely have it on COOL! I have turned it onto Auto and it seems to be a bit cooler...I think as a PP says it is probably working the right way but with so many days of such hot weather the house is just hot anyway!

Interested to hear some more though!
thanks

#6 Stronger

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (*cough* @ 31/12/2012, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also does anyone know off the top of their head how much aircons are supposed to reduce the temp? I'm pretty sure at best it's only 10 degrees or something so if its 42 degrees like today - then at best your house will be 32 inside.

Hmm not sure *cough* but you could be right - which would make sense I guess...I found a wall thermometer and it says inside is about 25degrees so guess it is much, much better than outside! I can certainly feel the difference when I walk back inside!

#7 *cough*

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

It's 16 degrees difference at best. I just checked. So it seems your air con is doing about right.

#8 Stronger

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Ok cool thanks *cough* guess I am just being a sooky lala in the heat!! LOL!

#9 emski72

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hi, we just had one installed a few weeks ago... the installer said auto was the least cost effective mode to run. He suggested turning the unit off for 30 mins or so each day if running 24/7 so you dump old water and it refills with fresh cooler water and just running on manual and cool.
the first day we had it, it was 39 in melb but quite humid, i ran it on full with two windows open and it was 24 inside. last week it was close to 40 here and a dry heat, i ran it at half fan and it was 21 inside all day with two windows and the back door open a crack. how many windows do you have open?

i love the evap!
Em

#10 PeggyLou

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

we have a breezair and it dumps the water every few hours itself. No need to turn off and on again.
It should automatically do it.

#11 Stronger

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Yes our Breezair automatically dumps its water too every few hours...have turned it back to manual but on quite high and it is definitely more pleasant in the main living area where we have the most vents...I have never had to run it on so high but then again Perth has never had this much hot weather in one stretch - 42 degrees here today!!

#12 Kafkaesque

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (emski72 @ 31/12/2012, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, we just had one installed a few weeks ago... the installer said auto was the least cost effective mode to run. He suggested turning the unit off for 30 mins or so each day if running 24/7 so you dump old water and it refills with fresh cooler water and just running on manual and cool.
the first day we had it, it was 39 in melb but quite humid, i ran it on full with two windows open and it was 24 inside. last week it was close to 40 here and a dry heat, i ran it at half fan and it was 21 inside all day with two windows and the back door open a crack. how many windows do you have open?

i love the evap!
Em

I'm sure he is wrong as all new systems should automatically dump water a few times a day.

OP my place has been 27 when outside is 41. I haven't actually felt the heat so far it has been rather pleasant in the house. Make sure you have enough windows open as well as air circulation is a huge part of evaps working well.  I run mine on manual and have it on about 5 bars at the hottest times and down to 2 overnight with the timer set to turn off about 2am. I haven't been putting it on in the morning until about 9am.

Edited by Kafkaesque, 31 December 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#13 green apples

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

We have a braemar and I have it up to the full bars at times, usually if we have a house full, but generally 5/6 and at night 1/2. I always use manual and have never used auto. Silly question what does auto do? Regulate the temp?

#14 PeggyLou

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Auto setting, basically the unit 'remembers' what your last setting most used setting was and goes straight to that.
No temp control or anything, as they are evap units.

We pretty much set ours to whatever is required.
Today for example, going to turn the cool off for an hour or so, as the humidity is high this afternoon and the house is getting damp.

We used to live in regional WA and have been used to evap systems in 45 degree + temps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.