FEBRUARY 2013 card swap sign up NOW CLOSED

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 sallan

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hi Girls.
HAPPY NEW YEAR eexcite.gif

Heres to another year of fantastic card making and hopefully lots of new members

This months swap is a sketch:

I have various female family members preggers and about to pop so thought we could make this a baby card swap.

If you wish to join please copy and paste the list I've started and add your name to it. If the sign up list is big enough to have more than one group, and you'd like to participate in more than one group, please indicate by placing the number 2 in brackets (2) beside your name.

1. Sal ( Sallan)

Now for the rules.

1. Sign up Closes 31/1/2013. After sign up has closed, the list will be finalised into groups and I'll PM everyone with my postal address.

2. Cards must be posted to Sal (Sallan) by 21 February 2013. So they reach me by the 26th and I can get them posted back out by the end of the month.

3. Please enclose a self addressed, stamped envelope with your cards. Please make sure your envelope is big enough to fit all the cards that are being sent back to you in. DL envelopes are not big enough.

b. If you are using a larger envelope like one that fits A4 paper in it. Please put your stamps on the edge that is closed and fold the envelope and tape down. This will ensure the cards are snug and will stop them from moving around in the envelope which will protect them too. A5 envelopes are generally big enough

4. Please put your cards in a ziplock (or equavilent) bag, to protect them from the weather. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS BAG IS BIG ENOUGH TO FIT A DL CARD/BUSINESS SIZE ENVELOPE. Glad sandwhich bags are not big enough.
5. Matching envelopes for your cards are NOT required for this swap

6. If you are running late with sending your cards please contact me so I know what is happening. We know things happen in life and unfortunately we can't always keep to the deadline, but keeping me in the loop, can then help me decide whether to hold off sending the cards or sending them and sending yours with the next lot. Any cards that arrive later than the 28th and I have not been notified will be returned to sender as I will post out all cards on the 28th..... Please don't only think of me when things aren't going to plan, think of your fellow card swappers too, a little bit of communication, explanation and consideration go a long way
Please ONLY sign up if you are commited to making the cards and have enough time to do so. Its unfair on the other participants if you fail to make the dead line- Thank you

look forward to seeing your gorgeous creations
Sal

--------------------

http://www.salsspecialspot.blogspot.com

1. Sallan

Edited by sallan, 31 January 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#2 bella67

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

1. Sallan

2. Karen (bella67)

#3 schnookle

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I am about ready to pop myself....38 weeks today. These cards will help me pass the next couple weeks away :-)

1. Sallan

2. Karen (bella67)

3. Alex (schnookle)

#4 Amber Loren's Mum

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Looks interesting but I dont have anybody expecting....will wait and see your theme for the next month.  So with the sketch/template you put up I gather you stick to that and then make xxx cards the same or different??  (A little confused sorry)

#5 sallan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Hi Amber Lorens mum,
Welcome to our little group, we are always on the look out for new members as our group has dwindled considerably over the last year sad.gif

Yes you basically follow the sketch and use it as a guide and make your own cards.
It depends on how many cards you make as to how many are in the group for that month.

Its not always a sketch, sometimes it a challenge, sometimes theres no theme. Sometimes you have to incorporate an item into your card, like ribbon, brads, or it might be using a certain colour etc.
I like to mix it up a bit, but it does seem the sketches are the most popular.
I really hope you look in again next month. The new swaps are always up by 1st of the month.

Thanks for looking in on us and see you next month
Sal

#6 secret~sammy

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'm keen to try if you'll have me - I always need more ways to use my scrapping supplies, not just buy them because they're pretty and leave them in the cupboard.

How closely do people usually follow the sketch? Would I be committing a massive faux pas if, say, the squarere elements were circles instead?  

I'm also still not clear on how many cards - do I make one for everyone else in the group (so at this  moment in time that would be 3) or do I make any number I like?

1. Sallan

2. Karen (bella67)

3. Alex (schnookle)

4. Sam (secret~sammy)

#7 TupperChick

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

1. Sallan

2. Karen (bella67)

3. Alex (schnookle)

4. Sam (secret~sammy)

5. Kate (twinmumma)

#8 sallan

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

hi Sam,
Welcome to our group  waves.gif

I will close the sign up for this month on Jan 31st, then we will know how many people are in the group. Now Kate has signed up you would need to make 4 at this present time.

You can interpret the sketch anyway you like, it is just a guide, but the elements of the sketch should be in you card.

Looking forward to seeing your creations, thanks for joining our group, spread the word, always good to have new members.

Sal biggrin.gif

#9 sallan

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Ok girls, so it is 4 cards that you need to make and send to me please.
I will send my addy to the new members of  our group. Please be sure to make sure the cards get to me by the 21st of Feb, thanks
Sal

ps March sign up now biggrin.gif

#10 mrsploppypants

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

rolleyes.gif sal has gone and twisted my arm because i am going to a scrapbooking weekend away just before i move....so if there is enough time i would like to add my name to the list biggrin.gif

#11 sallan

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Hope you girls dont mind making an extra card biggrin.gif
sal

#12 secret~sammy

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I can squeeze out another one  original.gif

Sallan - can you PM me your address please

#13 TupperChick

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Awesome Claire original.gif I don't mind making another. Where are you moving to?

#14 TupperChick

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Mine are finished they will go in the mail either today or tomorrow.

#15 bella67

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

thats fine with as l havent finished mine yet due to being in hospital so will get mine done on the weekend

Karen

#16 sallan

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hi girls,
Have received sams cards today- very nice too- thanks
sal

#17 TupperChick

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Mine are in the mail Sal you should get them tomorrow original.gif

#18 sallan

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

received Kates lovely cards today - Thanks
Sal

#19 schnookle

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hi everyone
My cards went in the mail on Friday. I am sorry I havent been online much and missed the additional card, I have only sent 4 cards in. Do you want me to send you in another one or I am happy to miss out on a swap card. Let me know  biggrin.gif

#20 sallan

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Alex, received your cards today- very cute.
dont worry about only making 4 cards no worries
Sal
just waiting for Karen and Clare now

#21 bella67

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Sorry  mine only got sent yesterday

#22 sallan

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

received karens today, just waiting on clares wwhistle.gif

#23 sallan

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Totally confused, just recevied some cards from someone called Trisha. They were cards for this month and next months and she isnt on our list, anyone shed some light on this????
Sal

#24 sallan

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Mystery all cleared up- cards on the way ladies biggrin.gif
Sal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.