Anyone tried the new InfaSecure Kompressor Caprice?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 machine

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

As the title says, has anyone tried the Infasecure Kompressor Caprice yet?  I had really wanted to try it in our car before buying the Safe N Sound Compaq but couldn't source it anywhere in time so went with the SNS.

#2 jemsoli

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

i am interested to know this too. i have #3 due in July and need 3 of these seats but i cant see anywhere that stocks them yet. on the Infasecure website it said they will be available from Dec 12 but i havent seen them on any of the baby store websites yet.

#3 IsolaBella

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

It will be the same as the others.... Just different fabric, so if you are looking at how it will fit try one of the other seats. All the Kompressirs have the same model numbers..., the last two letters refer to the fabrics. These are CS4410

The Neon and Cosi are the same seats, but slightly different base and have different model number to Kompressor, but once again their last 2 model letters refer to fabrics/options. They are CS4010

Edited by lsolaBella, 01 January 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#4 machine

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Thanks.  I've found them on the Baby Care website.  I've never ordered from them so can't vouch for them.  I also don't know if they are actually in stock as I haven't enquired.  I wanted to try one in our car, not order online.  They also only seem to have them listed in black.

Baby Care

My main problem is that I have little leg room in the front passenger seat and the Compaq allows so much more room than others I've tried and I thought that was also the case with the new Caprice so surely they must be smaller than the other Infas?

#5 IsolaBella

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

It should be the same depth room when RF as the Other Kompressor seats .......It is the same seat with different fabric.

540mm depth on caprice RF, same 540 mm depth on Neon. So just try other infa 0-4 yrs to check depth.

Compaq is listed as 525 mm RF depth.

Edited by lsolaBella, 02 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#6 petalpotamus

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (machine @ 02/01/2013, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks.  I've found them on the Baby Care website.  I've never ordered from them so can't vouch for them.  I also don't know if they are actually in stock as I haven't enquired.  I wanted to try one in our car, not order online.  They also only seem to have them listed in black.

Baby Care

i contacted infa secure and they confirmed that the neon and kompressor are the same shell with different bases.

because they sell the same seats with different covers, the same seat is available in different shops under different names as follows:

kompressor (toysrus, baby bunting) $249 = trident (bigw) $239
neon (bigw) = glider (baby bunting) = ascent (toysrus)

obviously the ones stocked in baby bunting will be the most expensive. also the kompressor crowne and the xt look to be exactly the same seat except for the hood and different seat covers/colours.

i just ordered a kompressor last night from ycn.com.au, 15% off storewide and free delivery, and apparently it's turning up tomorrow.

#7 machine

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (petalpotamus @ 02/01/2013, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i contacted infa secure and they confirmed that the neon and kompressor are the same shell with different bases.

because they sell the same seats with different covers, the same seat is available in different shops under different names as follows:

kompressor (toysrus, baby bunting) $249 = trident (bigw) $239
neon (bigw) = glider (baby bunting) = ascent (toysrus)

obviously the ones stocked in baby bunting will be the most expensive. also the kompressor crowne and the xt look to be exactly the same seat except for the hood and different seat covers/colours.

i just ordered a kompressor last night from ycn.com.au, 15% off storewide and free delivery, and apparently it's turning up tomorrow.

It's amazing that they can do that, isn't it?  It is so worth shopping around for things.

I just bought the car seat, a double buggy, Angelcare monitor plus some other items last week from Bubs Baby Shops and checked if they price matched with Pram Warehouse who had all three large items priced much more competitively.  Unfortunately none of the items were in stock so they wouldn't match the prices but they did knock off a percentage for each so it's worth doing your research.  I left it to the last minute (due end of Jan) so didn't want to pay less but wait when I could walk out of the store with everything so paid a few hundred more.

#8 IsolaBella

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

SnS do it too wink.gif

#9 petalpotamus

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (lsolaBella @ 03/01/2013, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SnS do it too wink.gif

isolabella do you mean rebadging?  eg old compaq was also the babylove prelude but with a different base?  i've always wondered if this changed the CREP safety rating at all.  do you know?

none of us want to put a monetary value on the lives of our children (by which i mean not buy a seat because it's nearly half a grand) but at the same time i can't help being aware that a lot of it is marketing.  plusher seat, different vogue colours but at the end of the day if it's the same safety as the bog standard black one in kmart for nearly 1/3d the price then i'd prefer to sink it into that and put the rest away for more maternity leave!

#10 IsolaBella

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

No the compaq was not the prelude. The prelude was like the Hipod 0-4yrs seats but with taller shells.

The Prelude was the Ezyswitch with less plush add ons.

The Cargo Hybrid was the same as the Hipod 0-4yrs seats (which were all the same, just different fabrics). Still is.

Current New Compaq and Lifestyle as same shell and base, one has easy adjust harness system (can't remember if the Lifestyle has the lock off too). I also think the shaven is a related seat too.

Safeguard, safe keeper, Trojan, guardian, safe keeper deluxe, sleep n recline are all the same shell/ base seats as well.

Generally speaking SNS do one or two shells and then put them on a few bases. Most seats are only fabric differences.

You can check out what seats are what by checking out their standard approval number. The same standard approval number will be on a variety of seats.

#11 petalpotamus

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (lsolaBella @ 03/01/2013, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No the compaq was not the prelude. The prelude was like the Hipod 0-4yrs seats but with taller shells.

The Prelude was the Ezyswitch with less plush add ons.

The Cargo Hybrid was the same as the Hipod 0-4yrs seats (which were all the same, just different fabrics). Still is.

Current New Compaq and Lifestyle as same shell and base, one has easy adjust harness system (can't remember if the Lifestyle has the lock off too). I also think the shaven is a related seat too.

Safeguard, safe keeper, Trojan, guardian, safe keeper deluxe, sleep n recline are all the same shell/ base seats as well.

Generally speaking SNS do one or two shells and then put them on a few bases. Most seats are only fabric differences.

You can check out what seats are what by checking out their standard approval number. The same standard approval number will be on a variety of seats.

holy moly that is a LOT of information.  how do you keep it all straight in your head? (and thank you!  of course i went and checked how the ezyswitch performed ff)

#12 petalpotamus

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

DP

Edited by petalpotamus, 03 January 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#13 IsolaBella

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Can you tell what my hobby is cool.gif

I do crazy things like read the Australian Standard and usually keep up with new seats approved.

#14 Jenflea

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

IsolaBella is a freak of nature when it comes to car seats and car safety!!
Bit like BMJ is with ASD related things original.gif

Ok, it comes down to research and reading, but freak of nature sounds better!

#15 IsolaBella

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Jenflea thanks for the support.

Interest sparked after using EU ISoFIX seats and discovering they were illegal here. Car seat standards and safety both here in Australia and around the world have been my passion since 2005.

ETA I also get to say things in here which I can not say to people IRL (most know better then to mention carseats around me..... Eyes glazing is a common problem. Happily CIL (cousin) shares passion too so I can speak at times).

Edited by lsolaBella, 03 January 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#16 Rolex

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (petalpotamus @ 03/01/2013, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
holy moly that is a LOT of information.  how do you keep it all straight in your head?

I've often wondered that about Isolabella original.gif

Edited by Rolex, 03 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#17 Jenflea

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Possibly she can't function in day to day life as her brain is overloaded with info about car seats.

#18 IsolaBella

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Nah, day to day life functioning fine.... Social skills not so much. I think car seat info has replaced my maths info in the brain. Not working now also leaves brain space open for hobbies. I have always been a repository for useless information.

Edited by lsolaBella, 03 January 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#19 Jenflea

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

I used to like trivia until I had a baby and my brain started atrophying. oh and our weekly trivia nights got cancelled. that was the death knell to my trivial mind. Now I obsess about poo and other fun things.

#20 IsolaBella

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

DH (and friends having their first kids who come to me for info) say I should turn it into a money making enterprise.

On poo.... Don't mention that... Currently first gastro bug in our house. sad.gif

Eta I also had heaps of into on prams too. But since my youngest is now three not so much, but still keep up with what's new.

Edited by lsolaBella, 03 January 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#21 machine

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

A wealth of info she is and I thank you for it IsolaBella.  You have provided me with all I needed to make an informed decision.  Thank you.  Now lets hope baby likes the car.  DD1 did not.  For months.

Now I'm waiting for IsoFix and longer rear facing standards.  I can see myself buying a new car seat in a years time or so.  DD1 had three by the time she was three months old.  Ridiculous.

#22 IsolaBella

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Longer RF standards already exist. Have existed since at least 2004 and by the look of it much earlier. It is just that the manufacturers have seen no need to produce such seats mad.gif

Isofix looks like it may be a half a*sed effort as they are allowing both flexible belts and rigid. Flexible belts will be cheaper to manufacture, so I don't know if we will get the real rigid isofix here sad.gif

Eta: yes I have played with and used all three types of seats.

Edited by lsolaBella, 03 January 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#23 matt1972

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

We just bought two of these seats and junior seems very happy with it.They have them on the floor at Glenhuntly Baby Carriages, .Apparently the coloured seats will be in stock at the end of the month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.