Is Scienceworks interesting for adults?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Silver Girl

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

We're thinking of suggesting a trip to Scienceworks with some of our extended family.

Some of the family members are adults with no children. Is Scienceworks likely to interest them or is it very child oriented? (The adults are interested in museums generally.)

#2 MrsWidget

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

We live near Scienceworks and visit regularly. If the adults like museums there would be enough there to interest them. There is also a huge outdoor area (with play equipment) which is great for a picnic.

HTH

#3 becstar101

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

We love it. My dh finds the planetarium and lightening room interesting, and we all like the sports section. The wheelchair race is an ye opener and lots of fun if the adults are a bit competitive.

#4 Gudrun

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yep, definitely worth a visit.  Especially if you are museum-minded.  All sorts of different stuff.  

Don't forget the pumping station out the back, the planetarium etc

Yeah, agree the open area out the back is good for a sit-down!

#5 Baggy

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

DP and I love it and go regularly but we are just big kids laughing2.gif

A few of my childless friends have tagged along with us and enjoyed themselves too.

#6 Silver Girl

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for all the replies and tips. We'll definitely suggest it now. It's been years and years since I last went to Scienceworks and I didn't know it had all those great features.

#7 Chill-Pill

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Some of the areas are more child focused but I agree that if you get a ticket and go to the shows then that will interest all ages and the sports area is pretty good too for everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.