Picking up my new baby tomorrow :)
Quick lense question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TopsyTurvy

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hubby bless him has been saving for ages and gave me the money to buy my new camera I have wanted for Christmas. wub.gif

So tomorrow I become the proud mother of a Canon 5d Mkii biggrin.gif

Anyhow I am still a bit undecided on lenses though.

I have $1k of my own savings to spend and want to buy the best possible for the price ( obviously Tounge1.gif)

Rather than rush in I prefer to save and buy decent lenses rather than have to upgrade in the future.

I have been looking at the Canon EF 85mm f1.8 USM for portraiture
(Although my dream would be the 85mm f1.2L Tounge1.gif)

Would you recommend this as a good lense?  Or would you get something else?

Eventually I would like a good landscape lense, plus a macro and a telephoto lense too (don't watch much do I?)

Anyway your advice most appreciated original.gif

#2 ILBB

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Dont forget the Sigma 85mm 1.4 - compares very favourably in reviews to the Canon 1.2 and less than half the price.  You dont need to stick with Canon lenses - particularly if you are buying the cheaper lenses as the other brands often do "cheaper" lenses better.

Also if you are looking for a macro lens as well (not lense by the way) why not look for something like the 100mm 2.8 USM IS Canon do a version (as do other manufacturers at similar lengths) and you would be getting a portrait lens and a macro lens in one.
http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/astore...px#.UOSWWqVIaFU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.