Dreams and passed love ones

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OneProudMum

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Have you ever had a dream about a love one who has passed away and it's been extraordinarily real?
I just had a dream about my Pop who passed away 13 years ago.
We sat and cleaned out his fridge, my dog (who is named after a funny nickname to do with my Pop) chased a lizard out the back and we talked endlessly about how nana was when she passed away (she passed after 10 years him). I then spoke about how much I missed them both and began to cry and I just woke up. It was so vivid and real that I have woken up feeling stifled and crying because he has gone. It was real down to his clothes, the backyard, the kitchen.

Anyone else?

#2 AMPSyd

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I believe that when you vividly dream about a passed loved one, they have come to see you in spirit.

#3 Bomber girl

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

I had a dream like that about my grandma. It was 2yrs after she passed. In my dream, I walked into my aunts house and Grandma was sitting on the chair she always sat on. We sat and talked and she told me how beautiful my DS was (about 2 mths old at the time) it was lovely as I was sad that she never got to meet him.

I always hoped she would visit again after I had DS2 but she hasn't yet

#4 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

When we were getting our last place ready for sale, I was at the unit by myself setting things up and I suddenly had a massive headache. Knowing that I get horrible migraines I got into bed and went to sleep. I had the most amazing dream/experience that my mum was by the side of the bed and taking away all the pain from my head, that it was all drifting away from me toward her. When I woke up my headache was gone and I found it to be such an amazing & beautiful experience. I'm sure she came to me in spirit that day.
I'd previously had dreams about my mum, but none like this.

#5 Miss S

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

It wasn't me it was my Nanny, my Pop had died suddenly and after about a year or so she was still not copping very well and she told me she had the same dream 3 nights in a row where she was at a dance and she could see him on the other side of the room but no matter how hard she tried she could not get through the crowd to reach him then on the 4th night they reached  each other and he put his hands on her shoulders and said to her " you need to stop worrying about me Amy I am fine " She said it gave her peace to know he was ok and she never mentioned dreaming of him again

#6 Wise Old Owl

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yes, I have had several dreams like this but only with one person who I was very close to and they were a long time ago now, but I still recall some of them.

They were very real to the point where it felt like dreaming and being awake were merged as one - if that makes sense.

#7 mumto3princesses

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (OneBlueStar @ 14/02/2013, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I have had several dreams like this but only with one person who I was very close to and they were a long time ago now, but I still recall some of them.

They were very real to the point where it felt like dreaming and being awake were merged as one - if that makes sense.

Yes, this. Was years ago now but I still remember it vividly as it was so real. I was a teenager and it was my dad.

#8 lactasticmama

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (AMPSyd @ 03/01/2013, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe that when you vividly dream about a passed loved one, they have come to see you in spirit.

Me too.

#9 LucidDream

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

I had a dream like this once about a year after my dad passed when I was a teenager.  It was incredibly vivid - more real than real if you know what I mean.  

He took a photo of me to take back with him.  wub.gif
I woke up feeling great, as the intense reality of that experience made it clear to me that he was still in existance somewhere.

#10 MissingInAction

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

My Nonno is in my dreams quite a lot.  Unfortunately, a lot of the time he is old and dying in my dreams but sometimes it's "younger" him when I was small and it's really nice.  

#11 FeralInASock

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

About a year after my grandmother died, I had a dream I was speaking to her while she was sitting on the end of the bed. It was very vivid and I firmly believe that she came to see me. Apparently I was her favourite - she has also come through in a psychic reading, the reader was spot on about her appearance and mannerisms.

My cousin had a dream about our grandfather one night while he was overseas. It turned out, once we did the maths, that GF had actually died around that time.

#12 Margaret M

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

so lucky when one has dreamed about a loved one that has passed, it shows that nobody ever really dies, that we are all in communication, and that we will see them again. They are showing you that they are still 'there'.

#13 hopinfor5now!!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

i have had several dreams with my mum in. in the dreams it is always a family gathering & only i can see her & i get really upset & frustrated that everyone else is going about the celebrations without acknowledging she's there. but she is always smiling at me. always. and as she dies a very painful death due to cancer,i take comfort that she's sending me messages that she is in a good place now & she is ok

#14 ThreeLittleLambs

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I had a dream of my nanna about a year or so after she passed away from cancer. At the time I was going through a rough patch.

She was sitting in the dining area of the family home, she smiled sweetly and said' "Everything is going to be fine darling". I remember her smell and feeling so safe, Can't explain it but it was so surreal.

The only time i've ever had that same feeling is when my babies have been handed to me for the first time at birth original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.