4th January

nurserobin
Eddie Herbert
17th February

Angels watching over us
Caroldiem
Michael
Born sleeping 18th July 2012

If I've missed anyone, or got your details wrong, please let me know!

Edited by *ShirleyTemple*, 27 February 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#3 jesstazzy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

waves.gif  waves.gif  waves.gif  waves.gif  waves.gif  
WARNING - ESSAY AHEAD!

Hi everyone!! Im back!
Sorry I have been such a cruddy group member, but life got really stupidly busy and I lost track of time!! I see some of you still remember me, I have been reading along this whole time so Im still up to date on all of you!

So I stopped posting in about Julyish I think, I started a new job in a factory working full time hours (7-3) and then doing all of Taryns activities after school (ballet x2, swimming, calisthenics, netball) and being pregnant as well I usually passed out before I had time to come in and post! I have really enjoyed reading what you have all been up to though and its fantastic to see so many new grads have come through!!
I got to student midwife for 2 women, one had an emergency section, the other a vaginal birth so that has been a great experience and I can't wait to recruit more women and attend more births now!
So back to catching up, I was working a factory shutdown, so that was all finished on the 27th September, at which point I went back to work at my old job and finished up working on the 19th December, 6 days before my due date, cutting it close.

My due date was originally the 27th December, but was changed to the 25th December by all the ultrasounds and doctors calculations original.gif The whole pregnancy was really fantastic, no dramas whatsoever. I was measuring about 3 weeks ahead from about 34-38 weeks, but then everything levelled out and I was measuring spot on again. The only problem with measuring 3 weeks ahead is that we started to expect our baby boy would come 2-3 weeks early and got really frustrated and impatient when he didnt! So one week before due date being as uncomfortable and fed up as every pregnant woman by that point, I asked the OB to do a stretch and sweep to hurry things up, feeling pretty sure it would do something as I was getting regular painful jabs in the cervix and baby had been 2-3/5 engaged since around 34 weeks. The stretch and sweep was done and I was already 2cm dilated and effacing, so was sure something would happen!............... and nothing did! Had another check and appt 3 days later and had no further change in the cervix so was given the option to be induced via breaking my waters on the 27th or wait until after new years - I was not wanting to wait any longer even though I was scared of induction and the possibility of ending up on the drip, on monitors, stuck on a bed! So the 27th was booked!

Showed up to hospital 8am on the 27th, was put on a trace and according to the trace was having contractions and tightenings - I wasn't feeling them biggrin.gif OB arrived at 9am to break my waters (what a weird experience!) and I was already 3-4 cm dilated! So progress had been happening even though I couldnt feel it. Had a couple of walks around the hospital and the community gardens at the back of the hospital and was getting some mild back pain but nothing too serious, played a couple of games of UNO with Taryn (who was adament all pregnancy she wanted to be there for the birth) and chatted with my student midwife while the back contractions got stronger.
Was considered to be in established labour at 12pm, and asked for the bath to be filled up which took absolutely FOREVER! Bath was finally filled and I made my way to the bathroom and knelt on the ground leaning on a chair while a contraction passed, and another, and another etc etc. I never made it to the bath!

Ashton James was born at 1:53pm, his shoulders got a little stuck but with some fancy OB moves he was delivered safely original.gif Thankfully and surprisingly no damage and no stitches required and I am still in shock at his size 10pound 1!! Taryn was 8"11 so I was expecting maybe a little over 9pound not 10!!
I can't believe I had a 2hour drug free labour with a 10pounder and no damage!! I am so in amazement at the whole process!! And Taryn watched the whole birth and had a happy cry once her brother was born - was very proud of her!

I came home with Ashton around midday the next day as I didn't really think I needed to be in hospital any longer original.gif He has been feeding beautifully and is such a chilled out placid little guy who gets so much love attention and cuddles from his Dad and big sister! Lucky Im breastfeeding or I would never get a chance to hold him!!
All the IVF etc was so worth it! I can't wait to have another one already!!

Anyway thats a big enough post from me for now I think! I am having a break from Uni and am not working so I will be back in, we are still allowed to post once our babies are born right?? Im not sure on the rules lol
Hope everyone is doing fantastically!!
Jess xo

#4 miraclebaby11

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Congratulations Jesstazzy on the birth of Ashton and that is a birth every woman could only wish for.

Hi everyone else, hope everyone is plodding along nicely.

AFM: Still have 12 days until our dating scan, I hate being in limbo land. I just want to know when this baby is going to come so I can plan. I have already told our families they will need to come and visit us after 20 weeks because I'm not risking another premmie baby. We live 4-5 hours from our families and its a long drive when you've got a head bearing down on your cervix. For this reason I'll be opting for a c-section so we can have someone here to look after DS.

Question: If you had a dating scan did you book into the hospital or OB before it? I'm worried I will be too late to book into the hospital as we only have one and its a major hospital for all the regional towns around too.

#5 Pssst...

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Wooo Jess!!! Congratulations on your little boy's arrival! xx

#6 Duck-o-lah

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Oh Jess, so glad to hear from you! Typical pregnant woman, I cried reading your post laughing2.gif I remember so vividly the long haul you had TTC and I'm so, so, so happy for you! Congratulations on the arrival of Ashton ddance.gif Wow, what a big boy! Do keep in touch, I hope we can all update on our bubba's progress.

Miraclebaby, grrr limboland! Hope the next few days fly.
edited to answer your q, I organised the dating scan through the fertility clinic so can't really help there sorry.

Aargh it's so hot! I never experienced pregnant and summer with DS, it sucks! Hope you are all staying cool and are safe from the fires sad.gif

Just a few days and I'll be in the third trimester! It's going so slowly and so quickly at the same time. We've settled on a name but I will keep you in suspense until she arrives wink.gif

Take care everyone original.gif

Edited by duck-o-lah, 06 January 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#7 Alli&Dean

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hi All...  My name is Alli and I joined this EB forum today.  I am learning my way around and not sure exactly how to go about it all so I hope you dont mind my asking for your advice on where to start.  As my signature says, I have a son (I think this is what the abbreviation DS means?) Jordan who just turned 9 on 30th December.  My husband and I have been TTC since September 2012.  No luck as yet but I know these things can take time.  Its funny, we spend so much energy in our younger years carefully using contraception and trying not to get pregnant and then go crazy trying to reverse the mindset haha.  I am 37 and feeling the clock ticking.  Would love to chat with others in similar stages of life, and others too of course.  If I have poked my nose in where I do not belong, I apologise!  Any advice on what to do next would be welcomed and appreciated!

Alli

#8 mummamajeena

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hello girls! I was in the TTC no2 if anyone remembers.

Just wanted to come and say a huge CONGRATS to everyone that has had their baby in the last couple of months! Especially those that were in the TTC group with me for so darn long.

Jess- what a great birth story!! Congratulations!!

AFM I haven't really been posting in the TTC group. Still no baby luck for us but we'll see what 2013 brings.

Bye!

#9 miraclebaby11

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Mummamjeena: I thought you were coming in with fantastic news.. Hope to see you I here so.

Hi Ali, you might be better off going into the ttc#2 buddy group. This one is for ladies already pregnant with number 2. The buddy group for ttc#2 is a fantastic support and most us here have come from that group. Hope to see you back here shortly.

Wow Duck, the third trimester already? I can remember when you got that surprise BFP.

Hope everyone else is doing well and coping in this stupid heat. I've had enough and we still have a mon and a half of summer left.

AFM: We got some bad news today from the GP. It appears I have hyperthyroid disease which is a massive shock as 6 months ago my levels were on the lowish side. Now they are really high and I've had to get an emergency appointment with my endocrinologist and bump up my dating scan by a week to make sure I am still pregnant and how far along to get into the high risk clinic as soon as possible.

I now have my dating scan this Thursday and I am praying there is still a little mini in there and my endo appointment is Tuesday. I was surprised the symptoms of the thyroid issue are the same as pregnancy. Here I was thinking I was having another shocking pregnancy with severe morning sickness when it is most likely from my thyroid over functioning. I'm hoping when they put me on mess I will feel a lot better and actually be able to do things.

#10 miraclebaby11

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Had my ultrasound yesterday and the technician said we are 5 weeks and 1 day due September 11th. She said the sac is measuring 5 weeks and there is also a yolk sac there too.

I know this due date is wrong because I was keeping track of when we were having sex so it doesn't work out. I guess when the foetal pole is present I will get a better indication of my due date. I have to go back in about 2 weeks to check for a heart beat.

Hope everyone is going well. Who is next to have their baby?

#11 Duck-o-lah

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hi Alli&Dean, good luck with the TTC original.gif As miraclebaby said, the TTC#2 group is a fantastic place for support, we've all been there!

Mummamajeena! waves.gif I keep you in my thoughts, I hope this is your year original.gif

miraclebaby, yikes, sorry to hear about your thyroid issues sad.gif Hmmm, that's a pickle, what do you estimate your DD to be? Is it far off? Let us know how you go.

AFM, just need to vent, I want my baby! laughing2.gif I keep having major BH through the night and they work their way into my dreams... I keep dreaming that I'm in labour! This is going to be a looooooong 11 weeks  rolleyes.gif

Hope everyone is staying safe in the heat and that none of you are affected by the fires. Stay cool ladies  cool.gif

#12 nurserobin

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hi Ladies and babies and bumps,

How are you all going? its been a few weeks since I was last online sorry about that.

jesstazzy- Congratulations on the birth of baby Ashton James wow a 10 pounder you did so well! what a fantastic birth story and its great to read how you have gone since I met you in the TTC2 all that time ago.

miraclebaby11- Sorry to read you have had bad news relating to your thyroid. Glad to read your scan has gone well let us know how your next scan goes. I hope your endo has got you on a plan for the rest of your pregnancy to get your levels in better ranges. goodluck.

duck-o-lah- Arhhh I hate the hot weather, I'm pretty much staying in doors with air con cranked and if I go out its to swim in the in laws pool. I'm the same when I'm not awake thinking of labour I'm dreaming of it! LOL... time is going to fly it wont be long till you have your daughter in your arms. so exciting.

mummamajeena- HELLO! its lovely to hear from you. I wish you much success this year 2013 take care.

big waves to Shirley Temple- Thanks for updating the list hope its all going well for you.

So I'm in the business end of my pregnancy and its starting to sink in that I have just 38 days till my due date. Ob is super happy with me and baby No signs of PE, Bub is head down Anterior and very low he said last week I would of told him that considering the amount of times I'm up at night to pee. He says its up to me if I go overdue hes happy to induce me whenever I want to, at this stage I'm happy to sit and wait till my due date in hope of baby coming earlier or on time. Other than that things are good! thinking at 35 weeks on Sunday I might pack my hospital bag, when did you all pack for hospy?

Take care from nurserobin x

#13 miraclebaby11

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Wow nurserobin only 38 days to go! Your pregnancy has flown by.

Duck: I am hating the heat too. It is twice as bad with my thyroid having issues and we stupidly moved to a house with no air con.

AFM: went to the endocrinologist on Tuesday and straight away he noticed my neck. I hadnt noticed but my thyroid is 3x the size it should be. He also said with levels as high as mine I am toxic. I've lost 5kgs since being pregnant. I'm on 9 tablets a day for the next 10 days, then 6 a day for 10 days then 2 a day for the rest of the pregnancy. I have a blood test in 3 weeks and see the dr in 4 weeks to make sure my levels are going down. I should notice a difference in about 2 weeks. I cannot wait because at the moment I just can't get off the lounge.

I'm annoyed because the endo said this has been happening for over 3 months and not just because I'm pregnant. So my insomnia which was put down to my pnd is most likely caused by my thyroid as well as my depression getting worse.

#14 Duck-o-lah

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Just a quick update from me, CS is booked for 2nd April! ddance.gif

Hope you (and the new bubbas!) are all well original.gif

#15 nurserobin

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi Ladies, Its been very quiet in here recently everyone must be very busy with getting ready for babies to arrive! or with babies that have already arrived!

miraclebaby11 that does not sound good about your thyroid, I hope the medications are settling things down. I also suffered from a condition a few years ago called Graves disease it caused me to become thyroid toxic like yourself, I was very unwell lost kilos, insomnia, my GP picked it up and I was put on the correct meds and after 12 months of treatment I was cured, I still have regular blood tests but I have been good for 3 years now Very lucky I am. Let us know how your feeling now.

Duck-o-lah- Thats so exciting having your CS booked! the countdown is really on now!

All good here, into the birth month Baby has been sitting posterior over the last week, highly uncomfy and trying everything to get him to anterior and engage, I am 37 weeks tomorrow. All set up, bags packed, and list has been checked nothing to do now but wait.

Keep you all posted. have a nice weekend. take care from nurserobin

#16 miraclebaby11

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hi ladies,

Nurserobin: I cannot believe your are 37 weeks already. Your pregnancy has flown by, we'll for me anyway lol. DS was posterior but I don't remember being uncomfy although he was born early, big but early. Is your daughter excited about her little brother?

Duck: you should've held off until the 6th as great people are born on that day original.gif your pregnancy has flown by too.

Hi to all you other lovely ladies. Hope your bubs who are out are doing great and the ones who are still cooking are plodding along nicely.

AFM: Well I feel a million bucks on these tablets. I don't have any morning sickness unless changing DS poopy nappy. I have one nappy sack for him and one for me lol. It is really unbelievable how sick I was and now I'm back to normal apart from sleeping, this is still proving an issue. Have to have my levels tested next week to check they are coming down. Then back to the endocrinologist on the 11th.

We had another ultrasound to check viability on the 30th which put us at 8 weeks 2 days edd 9/9/13 although I will deliver two weeks prior at least. We saw the heartbeat beating along nicely at 153 bpm. I was so relieved to see the heartbeat because I'd convinced myself there wasn't anything growing anymore due to having no symptoms. We've nicknamed the baby Hank so we say to DS where is hank and he lifts his shirt up although today he tried to put cupcake into my belly.

I've booked in with the OB and first appointment is this Thursday with his midwife because he is booked up for 2 months. Because I have complications then I will always be scheduled in on a day he is there so he can check me over too. I am astounded at how much cheaper he is then my OB with DS. I will be saving about $2000 because I don't  have phi.

Well that's enough rambling from me original.gif have a great Sunday everyone.

#17 bex18

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hi all,Gosh it has been a while since I posted, I am 28 weeks now, am nt sure where the time has gone?I am at work tomorrow so can write a proper message using the computer rather than my phone!!
Have a great evening x

#18 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Aww! Some new babies due soon.

Holly is 5 months next week. I can't believe it and today I sent my 5 year old off to full time school. Where does the time go?

Holly is a miss chubby bubbly. Over 8kg now still breastfeeding well, is rolling both ways and pushing herself backwards on the floor, trying to get her knees up to crawl. She is such a happy thing. Just popping in quickly.

#19 Duck-o-lah

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Good evening ladies original.gif

miraclebaby, very glad to hear you are sounding better original.gif Fabulous news on the US, fantastic heartbeat! I lol'd at your DS putting a cupcake in your belly laughing2.gif The 6th hey? I'll remember that wink.gif Frankly I think everyone born in April is awesome biggrin.gif

nurserobin, hope that bubba settles into place and makes you a bit more comfortable in the final weeks.

bex, 28 weeks?! Wow, where did that time go? Hope it's been quick and non-eventful for you.

Mumma-to-A, woah 5 months! Well done on the BFing, that's fantastic. How was the first day of school?

AFM my hips are killing me, I'm really struggling at work and I still have 7 weeks to go! I have a feeling when I told my family and co-workers that I intended to work up to 38 weeks they were skeptical... maybe I won't feel so bad if I finish a little earlier  blush.gif

#20 Bellefin

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Hi girls original.gif

Just an update from me, DD2 is 8 weeks old now and going really well. She is so much like DD1, we must have contributed a very similar egg and sperm as last time! They look very similar, sleeping patterns, snuffling noises while BFing, exactly same weight at 7 weeks despite being born different gestations and therefore different weights.

As soon as I had her I knew I wanted another  cool.gif but with all my fertility problems...we are not trying but not preventing, I didn't get AF back until 6 months with DD1 so probably will be about the same. DD2 has been refluxy at night and kept me tired, but other than that, really a breezy easy baby so far. So I don't mind having another soon if I were so lucky. Otherwise I have 2, I can live with that. So craving a baby boy though  bbluestork.gif

Bex I can't wait for you to have your baby! I sometimes stare at her thinking where the hell did you come from? After all that trouble and talk of IVF, she just appeared just like that, and she's perfect (the paed's words, not mine!).

Duck - yes 38 weeks is pushing your luck! So you decided on C/s then. I wish I didn't get induced but I remember being so relieved when I had made the decision to.

Still stalking for Duck-o-lah, Nurse Robin, must be soon!! Oh and can whoever is doing the list please take out DD's date of birth or name, I don't want them together for googling purposes, I'm also trying to get them removed from another BG and no one will do it. I'm just thinking anyone can google her name and date of birth and find all this stuff, even in 10 or 15 years so trying to reduce details online.
Thanks and will be lurking!

#21 nurserobin

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hello ladies
A quick post from me to let you know that I gave birth to a healthy baby son a week early Sunday morning the  feb 17th we named him Eddie Herbert I had a very quick labour he was ready to make an entrance he was 4060 grams and 53cm all happy and healthy tonight is our first night at home. Hope everyone is going well. Be back soon with a longer update take care from nurserobin

#22 Pssst...

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Oh congratulations!!! Hope big sis is settling into her new role. Enjoy those newborn snuggles! xx

#23 miraclebaby11

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Congrats Nurserobin what fabulous news. I've been waiting for some new bubbas to come and join us. Good healthy size too original.gif

AFM: Have my NT scan on the 28th, so only 8 more sleeps to go. My endocrinologist wasn't happy with my thyroid levels so my meds were put back up again. I wasn't feeling the best when only on 2 tablets a day but thought maybe morning sickness had caught up with me but turns out it was still my thyroid levels being way to high.

This is a totally different pregnancy to DS so in my mind I am hoping it means I am having a little girl but my heart tells me boy. Before I was pregnant I had a dream I had twin girls but last night I had a baby boy with red hair. He wasn't the cutest thing I'd eve seen obviously since DS was born lol.

Keep those babies coming ladies original.gif

#24 Duck-o-lah

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yay! eexcite.gif Congratulations nurserobin!!! Wow, that's a good size, sounds like he was all cooked and ready to meet the world biggrin.gif

miraclebaby, hope you get those levels sorted and you feel better. Good luck with the nt scan. Totally anecdotal, but this pregnancy has been quite different to DS's and apparantly it's a girl... who knows!

1 month 'til I finish work, yay! I'm soooooo tired! Yikes nurserobin, does that mean I'm next?  ohmy.gif

#25 miraclebaby11

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hi ladies,

We had my 12 weeks scan and everything is looking perfect. The sonographer was a rude rude man and really should reconsider his career. Apparently my bladder was empty, not that it felt empty so he huffed and puffed and was about to send me out but then started to do the scan. Well it was all over within 5 minutes. He proceeded to tell me if I come for my morph scan with an empty bladder he will just cancel it. I was almost in tears and hubby was just sitting there gobsmacked.

He also said we are now only measuring 11 weeks 5 days (Thursday) instead of 12 weeks 3 days like I should've been. This changes our due date to the 14th September but would also mean I wasn't even pregnant when I got my BFP lol.  I know there is error in the measuring but I have to wonder if he just rushed and didn't measure properly. He said nothing to us during the scan, it was lucky I saw bub jump otherwise I would've thought we'd lost it because I couldn't see the heartbeat at first.

Anyway only 7 weeks until our morph scan and we can find out what we are having. Can't have a guess by the nub as the pic we got isn't clear enough sad.gif

Hope everyone is travelling along nicely and all the new bubs are behaving.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-Kids_Snow-Queen-Promotion-tile

Win a Fairytale experience

To celebrate the DVD release of The Snow Queen, we are offering one lucky child and their guardian the chance to experience what it would be like to live in an enchanted fairytale.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.