TTC#2 Grads - Ongoing Thread

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 Duck-o-lah

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Hi to those of you still reading original.gif Just popping in to see how you're doing miraclebaby.

Hey congrats bex! Our bubbas had nearly the same stats, but I think 'Til was a bit shorter. I agree, 1 to 2 is a challenge!

Things were going really well for us, she's such a cruisy baby and Max just loves her. Unfortunately I've developed post-natal anxiety and depression which is a bit of a spin out, but I'm getting help. I constantly remind myself getting through each day is like eating an elephant... 1 bite at a time wink.gif

Take care ladies original.gif

#52 miraclebaby11

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for thinking about me Duck. Just plodding along and counting down. Only 9 weeks to go which seems like forever but also seems so close. We are about to move back to the big smoke this weekend. A massive move and decision to do so but we think it is for the best.

Duck, I'm sorry to read how you're struggling at the moment with pnd. I know exactly what it's like and you never think it will happen to you. It's great you recognised the signs and sort help before it got on top of you. This is one of the reasons we are moving closer to family before bub is born as I don't want to be in the same position as I was with DS and no support.

#53 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

Not long now miraclebaby11.

Holly is now 5 weeks away from being 1. She is adorable but hard work. She started walking last week and still wakes multiple times over night. I'm exhausted. She idolises her big brother and he treats her so well (so long as she doesn't disturb his games etc)

I've had a lot of issues with my older boy this year so I'm not planning on going back to work till at least next year. I'd love to add just one more but at this stage we are done. Just hard to accept there will be no more pregnancy excitement and my own newbie cuddles. Life must go on and I love being a mummy to the 2 we have been lucky to have had.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

#54 miraclebaby11

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hi ladies,

I haven't been on EB for a long time so thought I better update.

Oliver Geoffrey was born via c-section on 22nd August (37+2) weighing 3340g and 51cm long.

I went in for my check up on Wednesday 21st and all was good with my ultrasound and we were going ahead with the planned c-section for the Monday however when they took my blood pressure it was 150/90. With high blood pressure, feet the size of elephants and having continuous hypos I was told to go home and get my bag. I had a trace done before leaving which was fine. Later that day when I arrived back at the hospital the dr came in to see me and say I've got pre-eclampsia and they would be doing my c-section the next morning. They were hoping I'd be first in as long as no one else came in sicker than me.

So I was first in and Oliver was born at 9:08am, he was looking good and while they finished sewing me up hubby and the midwife took Oliver to be checked. When back in recovery I was going good until my last check when I had a major bleed which caused the surgeon to have her hand up my wooha pulling out major blood clots. Well this had me stay in recovery for over 5 hours. When I finally got back to the ward no one knew where my baby was.

He was in NICU to low sugar and oxygen levels. I didn't get to see him until 11pm that night for about 10 minutes as I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I was discharged 3 days later and Oliver spent 8 days in NICU as he was having feeding issues. He didn't feed as quick as they would like and took his time.

4 days after being home he ended up back in the children's hospital as he wouldn't wake up to feed. He slept for 3 days straight. We would have to shove the bottle into his mouth and he would suck but that was it. He had every test under the sun including a lumbar puncture and nothing showed up what was wrong. We spent another 3 nights at the hospital and were discharged without a diagnoses but a baby who was now 100% better.

He is now 7 weeks old and still taking his sweet time when having a bottle but now weighs 4.74kg and is starting to smile. His big brother loves him very much until he cries.

#55 Pssst...

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hi miracle baby, congratulations on Oliver's arrival! Sounds like it's been quite dramatic and he's been keeping you all in your toes. Hope everything stays much calmer from now on!

#56 bex18

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Hi mums and big bubs!
I just wanted to pop in and say hi and see how everyone is doing?

Jackson is nearly 10 months old and I fall in love with my little miracle every day :) DS1 is so good with him, he is such a good big brother

I am clucky clucky and cannot wait to have another bub, although I don't think we will start trying until the end of the year :)

I hope everything is going well for everyone x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.