Tell me about your trampoline please

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 *mylittleprince*

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hi there

I'm keen to buy a trampoline in the toy sales next June, DS will be turning 4 in September.

1) What size trampoline do you suggest? We have a relatively small garden, will only be DS for now until twins are old enough (they are 12 weeks old now).
2) How much did you spend?
3) What brand do you have?
4) Where is the best place to buy them from?
5) How do you clean them?

Any other info?

Thanks original.gif

#2 mummahh

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

We don't have one at home but there is one at my dad's place.

It is an 8 foot and is a great size. Kids from 1 year to 9 years play on it happily. (there is also an 11 year old but he doesn't go on it, so maybe a bit small for him) My 3 year old LOVES it! It doesn't take up a lot of room so could fit in a small garden.

Less than 8 foot would be too small and bigger is probably not necessary for young kids.

Sorry I can't tell you the brand. My dad got it form the Salvos, brand new in the box, but no labels.

#3 aussierach

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

if you have th emoney go a vuly fantastic quality etc...

I have a huge yard hence have a huge 2mtre by 3mtre oval one I got from big w or taget years ago the only comkplaint I had was the padding rotted within months of purchase sad.gif but my kids still use it 6 and 3 yrs...

#4 unicycle

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

We got a big, round Action brand one. This was a serious mistake. The quality of the netting and the mat were fine, the rest was terrible and after sales service was rude and uncaring. The pads used a material that was not UV resistant, and the same for the thread used to sew the springs. Result: buying new, expensive pads and a husband constantly having to resew the springs as they kept breaking. This was not a cheap trampoline by Any means.

#5 carriesshoes

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

We bought our kids a Vuly 10ft one for xmas.  I think including delivery, the ladder and free tent I paid around $750ish.  Quite expensive compared to others, but service from the company has been truly amazing, and quality is fantastic.  I've heard nothing but good reports about this company, and so far so good for me too.

Hubby and I put it together in just over an hour in the pouring rain in teh darck with flashlights on xmas eve!  The videos on their website are fantastic!

#6 Mummy2RyanandAlex

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

We purchased ours for Christmas 2010 from kmart. The material along the top that holds the net to the rods has rotted and ripped. All the blue noodle things have gone due to the sun.

#7 melaine

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

We got a 12 foot vuly after recommendations from friends. With net, tent, ladder, anchor kit and skirt to go around the bottom (to keep the dog out!) I think it was about $800 -$900 delivered.

It's great for an adults and couple of kids (or an adult to show how high he can jump wink.gif ) but the 10foot one would be fine as well. If I had the room I'd get the 10 instead of the 8 foot one.

The neighbours got a cheap 14 foot one, because their old one was broken. The old one only lasted a year or two before it buckled out of shape.

Whatever you do, get it level - otherwise the welds have too much strain on them and everything gets bent out of shape.

#8 *LucyE*

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

We have an oval Springfree. I don't remember the cost but it was expensive. I think it is 2-3 years old now and still perfectly fine.

The beauty of the oval shape is that it is 13ft long so they have the space to do tricks but its narrow so doesn't dominate the yard.

I know others baulk at the price and have worked out that they could afford to buy a new cheap one each year for 10yrs for the cost of a SF but I prefer quality of quantity.

I'm considering getting our local canvas place to make me a shade cloth cover so the kids can use it in the day with less worry about the sun exposure.

As for cleaning, ummm , we've never done it?  The rain does all the cleaning necessary original.gif

#9 Jupiter123

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

We have just bought this one online from oz trampolines for $395.

Tramp

We bought it Sunday night and its due to arrive on Thursday. Free shipping too.

I have no idea on the quality but from the reviews that I found everyone seems happy with them.

The trampoline also comes with a good warranty period.

#10 Monket

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

We have a 10ft tramp from oztrampolines.com.au.  It is pink!  The mat has bright coloured numbers which have been the centre of a number of games.....go figure.  The trampoline is a good size, not too big, not too small.  Both kids and an adult can comfortably bounce about together, obviously not recommended but it can be done.  From memory it was about $475 delivered.  They also sell these fabulous cubby houses and princess tents that are still airy but provide shade as well.  I highly recommend them.

#11 item

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

We bought this http://www.klika.com.au/fitness/trampoline...e-with-net.html

It's huge but we have enough room.

We really wanted one without springs and this one is doing great so far.  We only have DS (4) but he and his friends can chase each other around on it, DH gets on there too and teaches DS moves.

We are happy to replace in a few years if needed but there is no indication we will need to.

To clean we just hose bird poo off the netting.

#12 lamarque

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

We have a Springfree:

Springfree- Medium Round

Quality is fantastic, our trampoline is in full sun all year round and have had no problems at all. The service is also great and they provide installers if you can't be bothered.  They do Christmas lay-buy etc too.

ETA - cleaning?  No cleaning goes on here, other than the rain.  original.gif

Edited by lamarque, 08 January 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#13 Bec .

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

We got a Vuly after our previous trampoline's safety matting fell to bits. I wish we had paid the extra to start with but you live and learn. We have an 8ft one in a small courtyard, takes up a lot of space but my DS adores it. Uses it every day for hours.

#14 josh2003

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

We bought our kids (9 & 3) a 10ft vuly for christmas. We used to have a cheapy 16ft that was great for our older boy because he and his mates could all fit in there and not be jumping on one another. But in terms of quality... it was crap. The zip broke pretty much straight away, and the pads etc. rotted. So it wasn't really suitable for the little one because the safety features were non-existent in the end.

We could tell straight away that the Vuly is quality. The zip is strong, and the nets and pads etc. are sturdy and re-enforced.

Vuly had a sale on where you got the skirt and tent free, but we also added the basketball ring which is a hit (for both ages). It came to around $800 delivered, but I think you can buy them at some Toys R Us stores now also.

We downgraded the size because we're adding a basketball half court in our yard so we didn't want to take up the whole backyard. But the 10ft is fine and we have a 2 person limit.

We were going to get a springfree, but it doesn't bounce as well as the vuly (according to family that have one).

#15 Princess.cranky.pants

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

We got our kid a tramp for Christmas. It is a Big W brand, brought in the toy sales. Was about $270. I don't expect it to be long lasting, however we are happy with it for the price. If we had the money we would have got a vuly. Springfree is well out of our price range.

Size wise- get the biggest one that will fit in your yard. Our is 14 foot and we have a small yard (round takes up less room). With 3 kids we felt we should go bigger than smaller so they won't be jumping on each other. Our friends have a 10 foot I think and I always thought it look too small when a few kids were on it. There is plenty of room on ours so I think we made the right decision with size.

Edited by Princess.cranky.pants, 08 January 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#16 50ftqueenie

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

We bought a 10ft Vuly for Christmas and it is great. Great customer service and quality product, I will be recommending them to everyone I know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.