Countrymel ....are you melting?
Any other Tasmanians ?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Sorry I'm bored and I'm looking at the weather channel ......(it's a bit of an obsession of mine) ...39 degrees in Hobart tomorrow ? What's happening there ...?

Sydney has been surprisingly mild ....

#2 Party of 5

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I'm in the Derwent Valley and on my phone it's saying that it's 30  cool.gif

#3 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Party of 5 @ 03/01/2013, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in the Derwent Valley and on my phone it's saying that it's 30  cool.gif

Ah...it's a Fox channel...wouldn't be surprising if it were wrong! This was Hobart too (I realise there are other places in Tasmania apart from Hobart! )

I just always think of tassie as being this lovely little enclave of incredibly mild weather.....30's not too bad though....

#4 Expelliarmus

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Whatevs. Tounge1.gif

Adelaide is 44 tomorrow.

It's 38 right now. At 8pm.

*melts*

#5 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (howdo @ 03/01/2013, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatevs. Tounge1.gif

Adelaide is 44 tomorrow.

*melts*

Howdo I saw that (at least they got that bit right!) ...wow....is it a dry heat though? Coming from Sydney, 44 degrees + humidity would be entering into 7 th circle of hell territory....

#6 Expelliarmus

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

It's pretty dry, yes, humidity 11%. It is the only saving grace! Sydney at 45 near killed me!

#7 Cath42

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (howdo @ 03/01/2013, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatevs. Tounge1.gif

Adelaide is 44 tomorrow.

*melts*

38 degrees at 8pm!!!!! Oh, Lord. That's even too hot to drink beer. And it's school holidays.

I think we need to say some special prayers for howdo tonight, and for every other EB parent in Adelaide.  hands.gif

#8 Floral Arrangement

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm drinking beer in Adelaide lol. So looking forward to tomorrow.  cool.gif

#9 EsmeLennox

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

That is not too hot to drink beer... Are you mad? Beer is the only drink for those temperatures! Lol

We just had that weather in Perth and thank goodness it has cooled, it was horrible even by Perth standards.

#10 Mianta

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I don't know about anyone else but last summer when the average in Sydney was like 22 with a southerly for the entirety of summer, I would be cranky when I saw that it was like 33 in places like Melbourne or Hobart, which were both so much closer to Antarctica! Australian summers have become very wierd.

#11 Kalota

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

41 in Melbourne tomorrow, awful! sad.gif Not looking forward to it!

#12 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Mianta @ 03/01/2013, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about anyone else but last summer when the average in Sydney was like 22 with a southerly for the entirety of summer, I would be cranky when I saw that it was like 33 in places like Melbourne or Hobart, which were both so much closer to Antarctica! Australian summers have become very wierd.

I was actually happy about that last summer because I was 9 months pregnant and felt bloated and awful and couldn't have coped with Sydney's usual muggy sticky days! I wish it would warm up now though....

#13 Expelliarmus

My weather app just updated, it's 35 ... but humidity is 15%. (it was 38 at 7:30)

Still too hot.

*sits under air con vent*

Edited by howdo, 03 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#14 Jenferal

38 or 39 in Canberra on Saturday. 37 tomorrow and I have to bake a cake damnit.

#15 EsmeLennox

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Don't you wish for an icy cold beer Howdo??? wink.gif

#16 Dionysus

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Cath42 @ 03/01/2013, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
38 degrees at 8pm!!!!! Oh, Lord. That's even too hot to drink beer. And it's school holidays.

I think we need to say some special prayers for howdo tonight, and for every other EB parent in Adelaide.  hands.gif

Thanks for the prayers, but beer is definately about the only thing on the drinks menu in this weather!

DD is 3 years old and bored out of her brain in this heat.  We braved the shops today for an icecream, and will hopefully sit in the blowup pool all morning tomorrow

#17 Holidayromp

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Jemstar @ 03/01/2013, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is not too hot to drink beer... Are you mad? Beer is the only drink for those temperatures! Lol

We just had that weather in Perth and thank goodness it has cooled, it was horrible even by Perth standards.

cider.....with lots and lots of ice....is good too.

#18 Chelli

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I prepared myself for a scorcher today in Tas (NW coast) and was a little disappointed. I got up extra early to let the chooks out and make sure their water was freshened up, fed and watered the chickens, popped some ice cubes in the dog's water bowl, cleaned out the cattery and moved the cat's bed back to a shaded area, made sure newborn calves had access to shade and checked the water troughs, and managed to get the washing one the line by 10.00am. It looked and felt like it was going to be hot, but then it clouded over later today and a cool breeze started and by the time the kids got out of the freezing cold ocean at 6pm, they were shivering and I was cold on the beach waiting for them.

Tomorrow is meant to be hotter, so it looks like I'll start again with making sure the animals cope.

#19 EsmeLennox

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Ooohhhh yes, cider.  Actually, I made up a batch of Pimms Punch in the midst of the heat and that rocked!

#20 orangepeanut

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Im heading to Adelaide this weekend. Am I going to melt??

#21 Expelliarmus

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Jemstar @ 03/01/2013, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't you wish for an icy cold beer Howdo??? wink.gif

I don't drink alcohol, so not really shrug.gif

#22 Elemenopee

The weather forecast for my area tomorrow (rural SA) is 45. TO top it off, husband has just been diagnosed with shingles. A trigger for shingles is stress, so am trying to keep 3 yr old twin boys, and 5 and 7 yr old girls occupied (meaning, not trying to kill each other), house clean etc etc to minimise stress to husband.

#23 Expelliarmus

QUOTE (jiminycricket @ 03/01/2013, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im heading to Adelaide this weekend. Am I going to melt??

Technically the cool change is coming on the weekend - it's only 36 on Sunday. But it's going back up to the 40s. Yeah, you're gunna melt Tounge1.gif

#24 Jupiter123

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

We are down in Adelaide visiting the folks and when I saw the weather for tomorrow I told my mum I was packing my bag and going home lol.

It was a bit warm today out on the boat but tomorrow is just going to be melting and I have to go out sad.gif

#25 liveworkplay

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Its still 30 here (Hobart inner burbs) and the beautiful sea breeze has stopped all of a sudden. Got to nearly 35 and is set to be 39 tomorrow. The local BOM is betting we might bet the record of 40.8 (30 year standing!)

I'm pretty hot but I used to live out west in Sydney so am somewhat used to 40 degree heat, although I couldn't stand living with Adelaide weather even with normal summer temps!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.