Songs you SHOULD hate
but you can't...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WhatWouldBuffyDo?

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Been listening to the Rolling Stones album "Beggars Banquet", which is considered a classic.

The song is "Stray Cat Blues", apparently about the young groupies.  In it are the lines

"it's no hanging matter, it's not a capital crime"

"I can see that you're 15 years old"

It is so sleazy and the lyrics make my skin crawl - but musically - one of the tightest blues tracks on the album, the guitars are awesome and I can't stop listening to the song.

I should HATE it.  

But it's fast becoming one of my favourite songs.

Anyone else have a song they want to hate?

#2 Fr0g

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

95% of the music by Die Antwoord - South African gangster Zef-style rap... It's not the stuff I would ever like my kids to hear, and I almost choke on the lyrics but I like their sound. Too much.

#3 Feral Borgia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

boz Scaggs "Georgia" ....firstly because its, well, boz Scaggs....does anyone on EB even know of boz Scaggs? Am really showing my age here! And for a while I thought the lyrics were a bit creepy because he is definitely "On the inside" ...possibly because he did something illegal with a girl named Georgia ...but I think he is actually singing about the state of Georgia. Anyway, it's daggy but it's on  my iPod and I play it a lot!

#4 Bomber girl

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Sorry by unwritten law

She refuses to have sex with him so he 'shows her to the door'

I don't like the idea of the song but I actually really like the song

#5 Froger

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Should hate the Queen song "I'm in love with my car". It's about a guy that's in love with his car FFS! So much so that he even dumps his girlfriend.

But I can't resist those gravelly Roger Taylor vocals, and oh my when it was performed live I come over all faint and just want to throw myself at Roger - I'd do it even now even though he is a fat, old, balding 65 year old with a beer gut.  wub.gif

When my hand's on your grease gun, Oh it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar, Such a thrill when your radials squeal.

Edited by SarahM72, 04 January 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#6 Indiana Bones

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Anything by Pitbull. His lyrics are awful and sleazy, but I love his music. It motivates to make me exercise.

But sometimes his lyrics really do make me blush.

#7 FiveAus

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 04/01/2013, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boz Scaggs "Georgia" ....firstly because its, well, boz Scaggs....does anyone on EB even know of boz Scaggs? Am really showing my age here! And for a while I thought the lyrics were a bit creepy because he is definitely "On the inside" ...possibly because he did something illegal with a girl named Georgia ...but I think he is actually singing about the state of Georgia. Anyway, it's daggy but it's on  my iPod and I play it a lot!

My ex husband was a huge fan. Me, not so much but I definitely remember him.

#8 erindiv

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I horrified myself recently when I realized I quite like Nicki Minaj.

I blame DBF for taking me to a nightclub for the first time ever last year, teaching me the joy of ear-bleedingly loud music and having to scream to be heard. Had never been to one before 23years old, now I want to go all the time.

So, yeah. I like door doof. And I shouldn't.

#9 ~Mintie~

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Thrift Shop - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (feat. Wanz) ph34r.gif

I hated it so much at first, but the video click turned me now I love it lol

#10 jill1972

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Lucretia Borgia @ 04/01/2013, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like him too!! ph34r.gif   Thank God someone else does.  My sister is 7 years older than me & doesn't remember him.

#11 Tigerdog

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

....does anyone on EB even know of boz Scaggs?

Lido?  That's the only one I know, and only because it was on high rotation when I worked at Woolies as a 17-year-old original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.