2013 - What do u class it as so far

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 SushiLover

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

So far I class 2013 as horrible. Last year was crap and so far 2013 has not had a good start.

* Found out that my mums cousin committed suicide
* Just went to my freezer and it seems someone left the freezer door ajar overnight (defrosted meat)
* DS just broke a plate (not really that big a deal but just thought I would add it.)

So has the new year been a good start or bad start for you?

#2 Allie_D

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Bad.  Sitting on the couch on New Years eve reflecting on 2012, and that even though we'd had a rough time on the TTC front, the other areas of our life were great.

Then one of my pets ran away. We spent New Years eve searching instead of partying and I've spent every day since searching.  This year has been sucky so far sad.gif

#3 Futhermore

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Crap.  My partner is an ass.  I am unhappy, because our relationship is sh*t.  He claims our relationship is sh*t because I'm unhappy and negative.  Some examples he gave are:

- You don't want to talk to the kids or do anything in the morning before you've had a coffee.

- When I wanted to buy the deep cycle battery set up ($1000) for the waeco fridge ($1300) all you said was 'sounds expensive when we don't really camp that much'

- When I wanted to put up a new 5 bay shed and concrete drive way (About 100metres long) all you said was 'How much do you think that will cost'?  (I have since tried to discuss this with him but he says there is no point because we can't afford it.  And complained that I broached the subject too early in the morning.  I should have given him longer to wake up.  Hypocrit much?? Umm...  I think that is more negative than me asking 'how much?')

- You whinged about going to tweed heads in the rain and wanted to wait till it was fine and you whinged we were taking the Lancer because it's uncomfortable with no air con and wanted to take the ranger which hasn't got as good a stereo and uses more fuel.  

- You wouldn't get a stereo ($1100) and canvass for the canopy ($900) put in the Ranger before Christmas.  (He has a month off unpaid, I have 5 weeks off unpaid - I said we should wait till we are both back at work.  We did get the tray, canopy and lift kit ($5400) though)

- You don't want to even test out a camper trailer that is for sale.  You might find you like it if you just give it a try (No, I don't want to test it out, and I'm sure I would like it, but another $5000.  Are you ****ing kidding me????)

Granted, it's all true, but to be honest it sounds like any time I don't agree with what he wants to do it's because I'm 'being negative'   I think I'm being sensible.  And 'cranky' is me enforcing some basic ground rules like the kids cleaning up after themselves.  And wanting 15 minutes to have a coffee and wake up each morning now our kids are 7 and 13 is really not unreasonable.

So I told him I'd try be less cranky.  Would he like some constructive critism of what he could do to help get the relationship back on track? - No.  He has no problems, it's all me.  I asked if he really belives that - is he perfect? - Yes, Yes he is.

Prior to this chat he stopped talking to me for a couple of weeks and started sleeping in the lounge room.  The day after this talk he bought up the waeco and battery thing again, I didn't want to 'be negative' so now another $1000 is spent.  

All year he has been banging on about saving a minimum of $10, 000 and paying the mortgage off in two years - and THAT is why I don't want him spending money on toys - because I do the finances and know the goals he has set are going to be pretty bloody tough to meet if we don't all do without, and when they aren't met it will be my fault because I'm in charge of the finances :-(.  It sounds like me and the kids are meant to be the ones making sacrifices, but not him.

He's right, I am being negative, but perhaps he is a big part of the reason.

Edited by ~maryanne~, 04 January 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#4 bornagainmum

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Bad here also.

New years day, a good friends was killed in a car accident,

Washing machine died
Car battery died...stuck at home, have no money to get new one
2 out of 3 kids have gastro bug...now me too
Its only the 4th sad.gif

I desire to have a Happy 2013. hugs to pp

#5 *dreamer*

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

No real dramas so far, but I am hoping with all fingers and toes crossed that 13 is lucky for us.  

#6 Ianthe

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Sadly a friend's husband died on New Year's Day so that was pretty awful. Otherwise though it has been pretty laid back.

#7 snuffles

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

So far I'd class it as HOT.

#8 Bel Rowley

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

It can only improve from here.

#9 Tigerdog

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Not sure yet.  However I did have a dream 2 nights ago (how very timely!) about moving to a brand-new house, that's supposed to be an omen for new beginnings in your life so let's hope it's true!

#10 erindiv

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Crap. Too hot, my anxiety is hitting me full force and some expectations I had from a certain person show no sign of being fulfilled any time soon. Sick of going over and over the same conversation, getting the same promise at the end and no follow through.

#11 niggles goes feral

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I've spent the start of the year waking up slowly while someone else plays with the baby, changing into bathers and walking to the river for a swim, coming back for someone to pass me a G&T or two or three at the Scrabble board while taking in the view of the ocean between turns.  

It's going to be hard to keep up with that level of luxury for the rest of the year but it's certainly a good start.

#12 Lyn29

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Edited by bye, 29 March 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#13 Liadan

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Can I curl up in a corner somewhere and sleep out the rest of 2013??

In all seriousness... it can only get better, right?

#14 opethmum

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I have pretty much cracked it, the kids are getting on my nerves in the first bit of 2013 and I find I am just losing it slowly !

maryanne - I am sorry your DH is being a bit of a douche lately, sometimes it is hard staying the course and saying no is seems that you're negative all the time, it sucks, I hope you can find some peace and soon. hugs.

#15 Elemenopee

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Spent the first day of 2013 in A&E with a nasty rash which has since been diagnosed as shingles. Local weather forecast for today is 46.

#16 76 feral others

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Crap, been stuck at home with half my face swollen and in bad pain from a tooth. Finally got into the dentist today and got told I need root canal. I don't have the money sad.gif Hoping the antibiotics today will clear up the infection and swelling. And it's the tooth next to my top front tooth so no way I am getting it pulled.

#17 elmo_mum

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

ive been on the couch un able to move with bad sciatica down my left leg..
so great that it is numb from my ham string down the bottom of foot....

i have a 9month old who is starting to crawl.. bugga i cant bend over to pick him up....

#18 marnie27

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

2012 was a very tough year for us, and ended with my best friend's husband having an accident causing brain trauma only a month after their wedding.

2013 has to be better.

#19 Justaduck

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well considering I went to the hospital at 2am yesterday and got diagnosed with a kidney infection (again) I would say it is not off to the best start...
but trying to look at the positive in that at least I caught it early and it shouldn't go septic or anything like the last time and I was able to be discharged in the afternoon.

DD has a low grade fever too at the moment, but she is still bright and bubbly so hoping it gets no further.

This is meant to be my 'good' year...they used to be good years when odd, and bad years when even. I think they got mixed up though and last year was a good year

#20 beebsoferal

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Mine has been fine. Pretty regular everyday life. Had a nice lead up although a quiet NYE as worked New Year's Day. Just waiting on settlement for our house in March so I need to start getting organized for the move. I'm very excited about moving, so I suspect 2013 to be a bit busy but a good year.

#21 Canberra Chick

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Sorry and hugs for everyone who's having a bad time. 2013 is good so far here - hot but manageable, DH and I are sharing the kids well, no real dramas. I do know that from February on our work is going to be very busy, so we need to keep smiling and living healthily through that.

#22 Ducky*Fuzz

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Pretty effed up.  sad.gif

#23 PurpleWitch

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

So far, better than 2012.

I'm determined to be stronger in 2013!

So far, so good.

The kids are with me. Ex and I are getting along. I'm on holidays for another 3 days.

And it's cooler after a week of 40+ days.

#24 Carrie_zmatik

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I have had an awful 18 months with lots of life changing drama happening in my life. 2013 has shown some side effects from that still, with rumors being spread like wild fire about me. It's hard, I have lost a lot over the last 18 months, my world has been turned upside down and most 'friends' have now turned their backs on me because of rumors from one vicious family whom are in leadership at my ex church, so of course everyone believes them. The reason they are doing this is because I reported to other leaders about what this family had done to us (bullying and threatening) and they are trying to discredit us. There is nothing I can do about it.
But I got through worse crap in the last 18 months I can get through this. Gotta keep looking upwards and forwards.

#25 i-candi

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Really good original.gif 2012 was crap.

I'm happy, kids are happy and DH is happy.

I feel for those that have had a rocky start to 2013.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.