What have you done today?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

I've spent all day cleaning out my 11yo DD room.  I do one huge cleanout a year, then lots of smaller ones.

3 huge bags of rubbish, 2 huge bags for the Salvos and 1 large bag for a friend.

It's amazing how much stuff she had that was too young for her, or broken or just not used. The last time I cleaned her room out was in September. I did it today so I could get all her Christmas goodies away.

PBQ - if you are reading this, I don't know how you do those massive lists day in and day out. I have seriously had it, I will need to rest tomorrow original.gif

Edited by ~THE~MAGICIAN~, 04 January 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#2 Therese

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I have worked and just spent tme with my girls. So nothing too productive around the house but it was nice original.gif

#3 Jenflea

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Went to a playcentre with my 2yr old, 17yr old niece(to play with the toddler lol) and my sister. Fun was had by all.

Came home and didn't do much apart from dinner and watering the vegie garden..

#4 erindiv

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Got up, moaned about it being too hot, told the kids off for driving me batty, drove them to their dad, came home, moaned some more about it being too hot.

Pretty much sums up my day.

#5 Sunny003

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Took boys to mums. She wasn't well so checked on her. Boys stayed with her, Mila & I did an aldi shop. Went back to get boys but they wanted to stay with dad, so he dropped them off a bit later.

All had lunch, then I dragged all 3 to woolies in the stupid 41+ degree weather.

Came home and crashed. Cooked dinner. Cleaned house.

Had no food in house & visitors for lunch tomorrow.

#6 Atomic Betty

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I worked today, then IL's for dinner original.gif

OP, I love a good clean out!  So therapeutic.  DH and I are planning to clean out the shed tomorrow if it's not too hot.  He's been moaning about needing a bigger shed.  I told him we can cull half his crap in there.  Problem solved original.gif

#7 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Took my two boys to visit their great-great-uncle (their great grandmother's brother) for morning tea.  

Then braved my first grocery shop alone with both boys.

A lazy afternoon BFing then when it had cooled off, cleaned the back deck ready for visitors for lunch tomorrow.

Then the usual dinner etc...

#8 Pssst...

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

DD1 went to the beach with her grandparents while I took DD2 to be registered at Medicare. Quick lunch with DH, back home for a load of washing. While both girls slept I finished the thank you cards for DD2's gifts, followed by a power nap. Walk to the local shops in the afternoon where we met DH coming home from work. Nice mix of productive and relaxed original.gif

#9 Swahili

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Went out for yum cha for lunch, with the kids. Did a bit of tidying up at home. Had a nap. Read some stories to the kids. Made an awesome Vietnamese salad for dinner.

It was a lovely day.

#10 wildflowers

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Dragged my dd's around an antique and collectables fair.  We all had a great time and we each brought something special.  Then we got a phone call that our boring old house is going to be used in a Japanese film my dd has a role in so we have to keep it clean for a week, that may be hard.

#11 wildflowers

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Double post

Edited by wildflowers, 04 January 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#12 niknok

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

slept til 9:30, got up an showered then went clothes shopping for a few hours...
Came home to sons cleaning house biggrin.gif

Went to gym and had an awesome session...

Came home chatted to said sons then dropped them off at movies/friends for a few hrs, dont have to pick them up so am on my second bourbon. Oh I cooked chilli pork pasta sauce cause apparently they all want dinner when they get home...

Played on EB, FB and listened to lots of my fav songs....the house is still empty, and Im on holidays from work....

The magic of all this day of ease will disappear when I collect DD9 and DD4 tomorrow from my mum, and I have to drive 2hrs to get there!!!

slept til 9:30, got up an showered then went clothes shopping for a few hours...

Came home chatted to said sons then dropped them off at movies/friends for a few hrs, dont have to pick them up so am on my second bourbon. Oh I cooked chilli pork pasta sauce cause apparently they all want dinner when they get home...

Played on EB, FB and listened to lots of my fav songs....the house is still empty, and Im on holidays from work....

The magic of all this day of ease will disappear when I collect DD9 and DD4 tomorrow from my mum, and I have to drive 2hrs to get there!!!

#13 niknok

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

wow weird quadruple post  huh.gif

#14 strawberrycakes

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Went to my Mums with DD so my Mum could sew hems of DDs school uniform.

Went to the shops for some groceries & school supplies.

Played the DS with DD & read books.

Cooked dinner.

Played soccer, frisbee, trampolining & cartwheel games with DD.

#15 mustangshelly

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Spent three hours whippersnippering the lawn.  Then fighting off a brown snake that came for me while I was whippersnippering.  It's my second brown snake in three days while I've been out mowing/whippersnippering.

Put the christmas tree away.  Vacuumed.  Spent over an hour trying to get Centrelink on the phone.  

Cheers,
Michelle

#16 mustangshelly

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Double post

Edited by mustangshelly, 04 January 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#17 zande

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Got up at about 9.30, had a lazy breakfast, washed the car (totally detailed it, took about an hour and a half), did 5 loads of washing, general tidying, went to a friend's for a couple of drinks, just finishing up some pizza for tea!

#18 ~chiquita~

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (niknok @ 04/01/2013, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow weird quadruple post  huh.gif

How did you do that? laughing2.gif

I did a load of washing. Then went shopping and went to a playcentre, got an airconditioning quote for the landlord. Phoned some more companies to arrange more quotes. Prepared dinner while DS was having a nap. Then spent the afternoon outside with DS in his wading pool.

Bugger all actually!

#19 BadCat

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Played board games, computer games, and on EB and such pretty much all day.  Too damn hot to go anywhere or do anything more strenous than lifting a cool drink.

#20 Fire_fly

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Went out for brunch with a friend. Received my textbook for uni so spent 2 hrs studying. Tidied, caught up on a show, practiced some sign language.shopped for a party we had to go to. Went to party. Drank to much!

#21 Heffalump

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I had a whole day to myself today original.gif

Slept, watched dvds, sat on the computer, went shopping, lunch with friends, came home and spring cleaned / decluttered the kitchen - 4 bags of garbage later...

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to do DD's room.  unsure.gif

Back to work on Monday.

#22 i-candi

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (mustangshelly @ 04/01/2013, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spent three hours whippersnippering the lawn.  Then fighting off a brown snake that came for me while I was whippersnippering.  It's my second brown snake in three days while I've been out mowing/whippersnippering.

Cheers,
Michelle

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif      
OH MY GOD !!!!!!!

Nooooo way !!! I walk/run every day and I'm always on the look out for snakes, I've come across a brown and ran and walked passed a black that was curled up and asleep. Not to bad because one year I kicked a brown as I was walking - it slithered across my path after crossing a busy road  ohmy.gif

I'm scared every time I walk into the chook run as we've had a few in there!

#23 Guest_LeChatNinjah_*

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

I worked.

Left DD being babysat by her older brother.

Worked a lot.

#24 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Today
- 4 loads of washing (3 sets of sheets and a load of clothes)
- baked some biscuits
- vacuumed and mopped floors
- went over someone one's place for a playdate for the kids
- bank viist
- post office visit
- quick grocery shop
- had lunch out with kids (sushi, too easy)
- watched part of Cinderella with kids
- cooked 2 different cannelloni (eggplant and cheese + Chicken, pumpkin & spinach)
- bathed kids
- played musical freeze with kids before they went to bed
- watched a movie after kids went to bed

I'm pretty knackered now.  It was pretty busy this morning, was better after about 3pm when we got home.

#25 *CalamityJane*

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Worked.  Came home, ordered pizza for dinner and watched a movie with DDs (DH went out).  Cleaned up the kitchen and put a couple of loads of washing on.  Was going to put on a grown up movie and do some ironing when DDs went to bed but am on EB instead  ph34r.gif .  Will probably log out of here in a sec and finish my book before lying diagonally across the bed while DH is still out LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.