Bali with a 14 month and 2.5 year old
accomodation suggestions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MummyLinz

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

We are thinking of going to Bali in April with my parents. Would need somewhere where the kids could have their own room, so preferably a villa with a private pool. Safety is a priority and somewhere we can put the kids to bed and then sit and relax or swim while they are sleeping.

Any suggestions would be appreciated  biggrin.gif

#2 jezebeljoygirl

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hi there

There are heaps of villas at all price points, depending on which area of Bali you're wanting to stay in.

I went with my then-18mth son and my parents to Seminyak in October 2011.

We struggled to find villas where the pool is not directly off the living area -  everything is open-air Bali-style pavilions (or fishponds next to walkways etc). If this doesn't bother you, it will be easy to find heaps of places just by googling. It is also possible to hire a pool fence or get your villa to arrange this for you.

After much searching we found something (in our low-mid price range) where the living area had glass doors all around, so we felt much safer being able to close them as needed. http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p453908

I have also previously stayed in Sanur, with my parents, and sister plus 11mth old nephew. He was just cruising, not walking so was easier to contain/stay near. We stayed in a lovely 3br villa in the open-air style: http://www.baliemeraldvillas.com/

Happy to answer any questions you might have original.gif You could also try posting in the Bali Travel section/topic - it is an ongoing thread with lots of information to absorb, but I think most posters in there stay in hotels (?).

#3 naturalgoodness

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

When our youngest was 18 months old we stayed in a complex where there was a locked gate between the villa and the pool, this also gave her some grounds to run around in. That was Yuli Bungalows in Legian. Most recently we stayed at Beach Melati Apartments - however, the pool is not fenced, but there is a locked door between your apartment and outside. We like complex where we can have an apartment/family room/villa but can still see & meet other people as that is part of what we enjoy with travelling.

Go to the Bali Travel Forum (put this in google search). There is a good search engine or you can just ask the question. There are heaps of people there every day who will be able to provide you with more choices that you can handle! Also read the reviews from those people who are there or just returned - quite often they have taken a look at other accommodation in the area while they were there (that is what we do!) for future trips.

Enjoy - my kids love going there and talk about their trips all the time original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.