iPhone or smasung galaxy III?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Becca1605

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I'm looking at getting a new phone - going to buy outright. I currently have an old crappy thingy.
Hubby will have an iphone 4 and DS has an ipod. I'm looking at getting either the iPhone 5 of the samsung galaxy 3. Does anyone have a recommendation?

#2 Mille-Mille

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

iphone 5 is my choice, I haven't got a good reason i'm afraid.  I just like them original.gif
I guess you can say i'm in the apple camp.

#3 Ranunculus

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I know it's not what you asked for but I just got a Nokia Lumia 920 and it is amazing!

My Samsung s3 randomly died a few weeks back and it was going to cost a fortune to replace and I didn't want to spend the money on a phone I didn't like.
After much research I went with the Lumia, best phone I've ever had! The camera trumps anything the S3 gave me and the video capture is beautiful.

#4 flopsy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

If you get an iphone you will be able to text your dh for free using imessage. My DP and I also use the same itunes account so when one of us buys an app the other can also install it without paying again.

A lot of people hate apple and I have no particular bias towards them but I love my iphone and so does DP.

#5 FiveAus

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm in the iPhone camp too. iPhone 4S here. I'm a bit of an Apple fanboi, I think their products are top quality and simple and logical to use.
But interestingly, I was talking to my daughters boyfriend on Xmas Day, he has always bern very much a fan of Android phones and flatly refused to consider an iPhone. But he was using an iPhone 5. I asked him why he switched.
He said he gave the Samsung Galaxy a good fair go  and always had the latest model. And without exception, he had problems with each one.......errors, screen freezing, apps crashing or not working etc.
so he decided to switch to an iPhone and so far has been very happy with it.

Edited by FiveAus, 07 January 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#6 *melrose*

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Samsung s3 way better! i have had mine for 5 weeks now and i love it, so much better then the iphone 5.

#7 Jax12

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Another vote for iPhones.  Agree with PP regarding using the same iTunes account to share apps/music.  Another team Apple here.

#8 Apageintime

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Samsung all the way. I find apps are way cheaper and its easier not having to use iTunes, which I don't like.

#9 *melrose*

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Samsung all the way. I find apps are way cheaper and its easier not having to use iTunes, which I don't like.

Same!

#10 Tealdash

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Me too .... original.gif

I find android alot easier to use

#11 MarthaJones

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

My contract is up soon and I was looking upgrade my Nokia N8 to a Samsung Galaxy 3 but DH got the Nokia Lumia 920 and I have been having fun trying that out.
So I am deciding between these two. Would never buy a Iphone.

#12 julzely

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

DH has just swapped from Iphone 4s to Galaxy SIII.  He is really happy with it. The main thing that he doesn't like is that the Galaxy can't be integrated with his in car stereo system. He has to use and AUX Cable which means he then needs to go through his Bluetooth hands free set to change songs vs. just using his normal stereo.  He has also found that some of the apps are not as fully developed for android as they are for IOS.

The reason for not sticking with the Iphone was the 5 didn't really seem to be much of an improvement on the 4s and the operating system didn't seem as good.  The iphone is also the most expensive phone around.

For myself I don't think i will go with the Galaxy or the Iphone 5 mainly because of their size. I find them uncomfortable to hold in my hand as they are a fair bit wider then the iphone 4s.

So the summary is have a play with both devices and see what suits your need.  In my case I will probably just use DH's old Iphone 4s until something else comes out that I am interested in that is more comfortable for my small hands.

#13 gonetothebeach

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Have you seen the HTC One X? That's android as well and its such an awesome phone.

#14 ~cackleberry~

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

If you get an iphone you will be able to text your dh for free using imessage.

Both my DH and I have an iPhone but didn't know about imessage.  Is it an app?

OP, we've had iPhones in the family for around a year now and have had no issues original.gif

#15 mombasa

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

~cackleberry~ if iMessage is activated then text messages between you and other iPhone users will be blue rather than green, if they aren't then head into settings, then messages and switch iMessages on.

I love my iPhone, DH also has an iPhone and hates it, he loved his HTC he had before the iPhone though. He is going to get a Samsung Galaxy S3 next.

#16 B.feral3

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

After years on Apple and a recent change over to Samsung, I don't know why I waited so long. A far superior product.

#17 NunSoFeral

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Had both
Issues all round with the iphone5.
The itunes/reboot saga
The battery saga
The Samsung is so much sturdier, very easy to use and less fickle.

#18 9ferals

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

As you've already got some Apple gear in the family, I'd stick with Apple. Although I'm an apple fan so I'd do that anyway!

Whatever you do, don't get seduced by a Nokia (even if it does have the most beautiful screen) - my husband has had two Nokia smartphones in the last couple of years and they don't come anywhere close to an iPhone.

#19 Gossipgirl

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I went from iphone to motarolla RAZR the battery is awesome I went 23 hours non stop facebook and phone calls and angry birds I kid you not it was still going on about 10 percent. It is also android I love it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.